Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 23:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

hey man, thanks for the update. The cost for service seems very reasonable. Can you post a break-up of the cost? I guess this is your 6 month/10K service..right?

Regarding the FE, my observation is that the onboard FE calculator is optimistic by 0.75 to 1 kmpl (conclusion drawn after measuring the FE few times on tankful basis).

Your FE numbers are very good.
My FE is going downhill as I put on more miles with my car, contrary to the norm. No issues with the car, just that I am revving the engine harder
My real FE during the first 1000 kms was varying between 12.5 to 13.5 kmpl. Now, it has settled at 11+ kmpl approx for the last 2 tankfuls which is not bad considering my driving style. (My Santro driven similarly gives 10-10.5 kmpl) All measurements in city driving with 100% AC.

Regarding the bruise, just get a touch-up job. Should be good enough.

Last edited by adimicra : 15th October 2010 at 23:01.
Old 16th October 2010, 00:49   #17
BHPian

yes adimicra this was the 3rd/10K service,
here is the cost break up you asked for-

engine oil- Rs 802
oil filter- Rs 156
washer plug drain- Rs 18

regards FE numbers,
i drive it with a really light foot, no hard acceleration.
with that i manage above 13km/l in the city consistently with 100% ac,
on the highway i keep it between 70-80 km/hr to get max efficiency.
however if i go over 90 with a bit of spirited driving the average drops to around 17km/l

@ scrooze
hope this answers your query as well

drive safe
Old 16th October 2010, 09:48   #18
BHPian

Hey Congrats superboy44,

Good buy, Liked your crisp narration lots of pics..
The jazz is a very good car and with classy interiors. While waiting for the Polo, I did get a thought of jumping over to Jazz, but the price here in hyderabad is somewhere around 8L which was above my budget. So opted to wait for the Polo..

Jazz is a premium hatchback ( I would say a great utility car ) with the most interior space. I just love the way the seat folds.

Enjoy Jazzing around and drive safe with seat-belts
Old 16th October 2010, 11:08   #19
BHPian

@superboy thanks for the review

this is really a nice car... but in Hyd its around 8L+ .. which is way above my budget... the guys from delhi/haryana have all the luck when buying a car..

i was pleasantly surprised by the FE and no doubt that JAZZ has the biggest interior and boot space

i am waiting for this car to hit the second hand market....

Superboy do you see anything negative on this car ?? i didn't see any cons on your review... please do share ...

cheers
Old 16th October 2010, 15:40   #20
BHPian

@alex
thanks for the wishes, it is indeed quite roomy and practical.
this was one of the reasons i opted for the jazz instead of the i20.

@changaez
i am very sure that when it hits the second hand market it is gonna make a great buy.

it does have a few negatives like it misses out on a few essential goodies like climate control, auto-folding mirrors, no usb support ( though now they do provide it in the jazz x)
also it has a harsh ride that can be a deal breaker for people for whom ride comfort is very important.
other than that i don't find much to complain about.
Old 9th November 2010, 20:30   #21
BHPian

just an update
as of today my jazz has completed about 9600kms,
have used it mostly on the highways for the last 1500kms and it did impress me with its ability to provide a fatigue free long hours behind the wheel.

i managed to extract a very respectable average of 19km/l with 100%ac.
i kept it mostly at a healthy highway speed of 100km/h and with a full load of 5 people and lots of luggage.
also i scraped the underbody on a not so formidable speed breaker, but then on i had to slow down quite a bit to make sure it did not happen again.

the drive up the NH1 was pretty much irritating with the a large number of diversions that make it difficult to maintain a constant speed.

attaching a pic of delhi traffic and the cars luggage swallowing ability and also if you don't pay the toll they can lift you right out.
Attached Thumbnails
Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-130.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-318.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-132.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-128.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-323.jpg  

Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)-picture-329.jpg  

Old 12th November 2010, 10:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
hey guys
got the 3rd service done today,
changed oil, oil filter and a drain pipe.
total cost Rs978

did not get balance and alignment done from the dealership, will get it done from an independent tyre shop.

got a rear sunshade fixed, looks good and does a decent job of reducing the glare from headlight of cars behind you at night.

also my car got its first bruise that too for no fault of mine, had gone to the market and most probably someone must have hit the car while moving his car out of the parking spot.

attaching a few more pics of the car after the service,

@rutvij
i measure the average as per the MID and i don't feel it is that inaccurate,
still i am happy with the mileage it gives, much better than my petrol zen that barely does 11km/l in the city with 100% ac.
The leather seat covers and the rear sunshade look pretty good. How much did you get them for?
Old 12th November 2010, 12:29   #23
BHPian

@9thsphinx
thanks, the seat covers are not pure leather, they are faux leather and cost 5k, got them from my Honda dealer who gave me 3k discount on them when i got the car.
while the rear sunshade cost me rs150 at a local accessory shop.
Old 12th November 2010, 12:43   #24
BHPian

That photo with all the luggage in the boot was a revelation. It does swallow a lot.
Could you also post some more interior photos showing leg space etc?

The photo next to the loaded boot photo shows a child putting his head out of the Alto. When will people learn?
Old 12th November 2010, 13:06   #25
BHPian

@deepblue
yes it does surprise you with the amount of space it has for all your stuff.
i am out of town as of now but will surely try to get more interior shots once i get back.

i did try to caution the driver of the alto but was asked to concentrate more on driving my own car
may be i was wrong and may be he felt it was safer for his child to hang outside the car
Old 12th November 2010, 13:25   #26
Team-BHP Support

Hi Superboy,

I guess I'm a little late here, but better late than never, eh!? Anyway, congratulations on acquiring the best hatch-back on offer in the market today. I should know I own one too! It's a fantastic car! It's a sprightly performer, has enough space to swallow your house, and looks like a bomb!

All the best!

I'm subscribed!
Old 12th November 2010, 19:34   #27
BHPian

@suhaas
thanks for your wishes and the same goes right back at you.
it sure is one of the best hatchbacks in the country today.

i really love the alloys on your jazz and perfectly suits the color of your car and the fact that your car is loaded to the gills with all the desirable accessories makes its even more special.
wish you loads of happy miles with your jazz..
Old 12th November 2010, 21:05   #28
BHPian

Is jazz a innova with out the 3rd row???

With this much load, even sx4(i doubt if it can take this much) will scrap. Do yo u have pic of side profile, with the car loaded like that? All hatches and even some sedan squats when the trunk and rear seats are filled. I just want to see how jazz is taking it.
Old 12th November 2010, 22:39   #29
Team-BHP Support

I saw this thread now. Congrats on the beautiful Jazz experience. The statement that made my day was when you mentioned that you had no underbelly scraping even once in your 8000Km! That is amazing considering its a Honda! Looks like the suspension are not as soft as the city.

Another question: So on Highways to what RPMs you take it to?
Your driving seems very good at maintaining less than 100 and getting a handsome FE; something which I also follow.

@Suhaas can you update your experience on the clearance about the same in Bangalore?

Slowly I can see myself tilting towards the Jazz. A decision which I will need to make some time very soon.
Old 12th November 2010, 23:12   #30
BHPian

@Superboy! Jazz is a real drool car among the new kids on the block. Happy driving!
I am surprised to see so many suitcases decently tucked in the rear! Was it with the rear seats folded?

Last edited by breezydrive : 12th November 2010 at 23:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks