Team-BHP - Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Instead of getting it all, I got Jazzed (Honda Jazz) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74846-instead-getting-all-i-got-jazzed-honda-jazz.html)

guys yes i got jazzed..
here it is how it all happened..
we started looking for a new hatchback in December with prime requirements being safety, looks and value for money.
December passed on uneventfully as i decided to wait and buy the car in 2010.
come January and i started hunting down deals for the i20 asta(o) on which i had my mind set as it was perfect for my requirements.
so yesterday i went to my local hyundai dealer to see the car with my parents and they too liked the car and all deal was done and we agreed to get the car booked the next day and dispose off my indica in exchange.
got up early today cause i could hardly sleep in excitement of booking the i20, so off i went in my indica to get it washed and polished one final time before i set it free and wanted the person who buys it be happy with his purchase.
so while my indica was being washed i walked into the honda showroom just next to the service station where the car was being washed.
went in and was greeted with a big smile by the saleswoman, she showed me the car with great patience and answered all my unending and at times seemingly irritating questions.
and it wasnt long before i was sold on the car, it was just so comfortable and open. really it felt as large as a room and had all the kit i needed.
called up mom dad and as soon as they sat in the car i knew they wanted the jazz only.
jazz was the first car i ruled out cause of its high price and ended up buying it within hours of seeing it for the first time.
attaching a few pics of the car, will put up better pics soon..
hope you guys like them.

Congrats superb car.
What was the deal. Did you got any freebies

Good title and good narration. Congrats on your new Jazz. You've got the best hatchback. Did you manage to get any discounts?

Congrats for the new Jazz man.Truely a brilliant car.clap:
You wont know how good the car is unless you sit in it.:D

By the way what are he engine specs?
Is it the 1.2 litre petrol or the new 1.5 litre petrol? i am asking this because i had heard of honda going to launch the 1.5 in Jazz.

congrats superboy on your great purchase. It is the best hatch in under 10 L. Do post some interior pictures for us to drool!

woha. This is very nice stuff. Enjoy the new spacious ride. what was the price difference between the i20 (O) and the Jazz?

OT:
how much you sold the old indica for? whic make and how much it had run!

thanks a lot guys for all your wishes
well i got a good deal on the car, that is what i feel.
i got it for 6.89 on the road everything included, registration, honda assurance, logistics, 4year extended warranty and the honda road assist service for 4years.
this is a dec09 make model, but i checked the car thoroughly and i did not find anything to worry about with all the warranty backup.
the price difference between the asta(o) 1.2 and the jazz was about 70000 but it seemed worth the extra cash.
i sold my indica in exchange for 1.6lac, it had done about 105000km and was dec04 dlg non turbo in a fairly good condition.
all in all i am extremely happy with the car and mom dad just love it. mom loves the space it provides, and i love the fact that it looks like a spaceship from the front:)
will post more pics soon including interior pics.

Excellent Dude. You got yourself a nice mini spaceship. Enjoy the admiration coz there are not many of your spaceships around in Ludhiana.
Now the first step would be a trip to your favourite 'tyre and alloy wala' and getting fatter rubber and a nice set of gleaming chrome alloys for your beauty. I saw a white Jazz the other day which had black alloys and a painted front grill and believe you me that it was a looker.
Congratulations once again.:thumbs up

Congratulations !

Quote:

Originally Posted by superboy44 (Post 1715855)
i got it for 6.89 on the road everything included, registration, honda assurance, logistics, 4year extended warranty and the honda road assist service for 4years.

Man it retails @ 7.94 Lakhs in Ahmedabad. Guys in Delhi are really very lucky that they get best prices for new cars in India. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKODA_RS (Post 1715158)
By the way what are he engine specs?
Is it the 1.2 litre petrol or the new 1.5 litre petrol? i am asking this because i had heard of honda going to launch the 1.5 in Jazz.

Havent heard about 1.5 being put into Jazz. Please post some more info on that.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

@isldhn
i surely would have loved to put on 16inchers but as this is mom dads car they prefer it looking sober, the alloys would have made it look mean..
and the strange thing is that since i got it home i have been seeing them more frequently..

@rutvij
yes i was lucky getting it at this price..
if there was no discount on it i would have gone with the i20
and yes it has the 1.2 engine only, its sprightly enough and the fuel economy display meter is showing 13km/l quite regularly in the city, though i have just done about 70kms only.

one more thing guys the music system is excellent for a company provided system, sounds quite clear..

hey guys,
here is an update on my jazz after a long long delay.
as of today the car has done about 8000kms and is booked for its 3rd service tomorrow.

So what has the jazz experience been like?

the car has been great and it really did justify the premium i paid for it over the very attractively priced i20 which was my initial choice of car to buy.
just to make it more convenient for all to read and be of use to new car buyers i will list my experience under the following headings.

DESIGN AND STYLING
when you consider the current stable of hatchbacks in the market it really stands out, though i wont say that it is the best looking but it definitely does manage to get a second look.

it looks quite modern and funky, has an energy about the way its designed right from the xl sized headlamps to the very neatly stylized tail lamps.

for me it looks the best when viewed from the rear three quarters, looks huge and perfectly chiseled from here.

INTERIORS
the first thing that strikes you when you get in car is the expansive dashboard and the huge glass area which affords it a big car and an airy feel.

the seats are supportive but i do feel that the lower back support is not the best around, my indica was better at it or may be i had got used to it in the five years i had it.

the build quality of the interiors is good and its all pretty well screwed together. there has not been a single squeak or rattle thats come up.

interiors are quite practical with all controls falling easily to hand, wide opening doors, twin glove boxes and ten cup holders ( though i am sure you wont be really using all of them)

now coming to the few essential features that should have been provided but are not-
#automatic climate control system
#auto folding rear view mirrors
#no USB support
the omission of these features seems more prominent when you consider the fact that the much cheaper i20 provides them and more.

ENGINE AND PERFORMANCE
it is a typical honda, has to be revved to perform.
has a very poor low end grunt that make it quite boring to drive in city traffic, requires frequent downshifts to keep it moving swiftly.

but once it gets going it does move quick and does feel like a honda should.
it has been giving me a quite consistent 13-14km/l in city traffic and about 17-18km/l on the highway.
the best fuel average i have been able to achieve is 23km/l maintaining 70-80 km/hr on the highway that too with ac.
that does bring a smile to my face.

also the engine is super silent and very refined. for me its a big big change from the indica diesel, made me feel as if i had gone deaf for a moment:D

ON THE ROAD
it drives like a big car, feels planted and secure and does nothing funny at speed upto 120km/hr, normally i don't drive above 100km/hr so cant really say how it behaves at very high speeds but i feel it would be pretty stable.

if you are looking for a soft and cushioned ride then its not the right car for you, it feels quite firm and you do feel every bump on the road. still its nothing jarring but not up there with the punto.
but this firm suspension is also advantageous, i have never scraped the underbelly in all those 8000kms.

UTILITY AND THOSE MAGIC SEATS
this car is all about utility and space, trust me this is one small car that can actually move a small house.
there is space for a baby elephant in the bootlol:
really it has enough boot space to swallow all the luggage your "once in a year visiting overseas relatives" would bring along.

though i have not really done anything magical with those magic seats but still its good to know it has the potential to do some magic:)

DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE
for me the dealership experience here at horizon honda in ludhiana has been really pleasant from the first time i walked into the showroom with no real intention of buying the jazz to this day.
the sales team and the service personnel have been very polite and courteous.

FINALLY, WOULD I RECOMMEND THE JAZZ TO NEW CAR BUYER?
YES, FOR SURE
if you are in the market for a premium hatchback that provides a great all round package and peace of mind then it has got to be the jazz.
though the i20 is equally good and much better equipped at a much lower price and thus if you think with your head it is a sensible choice.
wont comment on other premium hatches as i have not test driven them.

jazz is got to bought more with your heart than your head.

attaching a few more recent pics, will update the thread with more pics after the service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by superboy44 (Post 2105134)
but once it gets going it does move quick and does feel like a honda should.
it has been giving me a quite consistent 13-14km/l in city traffic and about 17-18km/l on the highway.
the best fuel average i have been able to achieve is 23km/l maintaining 70-80 km/hr on the highway that too with ac.
that does bring a smile to my face.

Thanks for updating your experience after a very long time.

I would be interested in knowing how this average is measured. Is this reported by MID of the Jazz or by tankful to tankful method.

My experience of MID is that it is off the mark by about 2 kmpl. I have compared both in the city and on the highway averages by tankful to tankful method and this is my experience.

Actual FE that I am getting is about 12 with AC in the city and about 15 with AC on the highways.

hey guys
got the 3rd service done today,
changed oil, oil filter and a drain pipe.
total cost Rs978

did not get balance and alignment done from the dealership, will get it done from an independent tyre shop.

got a rear sunshade fixed, looks good and does a decent job of reducing the glare from headlight of cars behind you at night.

also my car got its first bruise that too for no fault of mine, had gone to the market and most probably someone must have hit the car while moving his car out of the parking spot.:Frustrati

attaching a few more pics of the car after the service,

@rutvij
i measure the average as per the MID and i don't feel it is that inaccurate,
still i am happy with the mileage it gives, much better than my petrol zen that barely does 11km/l in the city with 100% ac.

Sad to hear about the bruise. I think a touch up job should solve the it.

Also on the FE point can you let us know what is the speed you normally drive to get those FE figures?