Team-BHP - NANO singh (car of the decade)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   NANO singh (car of the decade) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74871-nano-singh-car-decade.html)

For starters, I wasnt as excited when I took delivery of my Verna (or any other car) as I was taking delivery of this cutie.

The ride is very comfortable and its quite peppy too. Though the running-in period lasts for the 1000kms, i have had a couple of drag runs. But mostly driving it @ 40-60 km/h max.

The build quality is Ok but much better than what used to be in the Maruti 800 in its first few years. The designing of the car is fantastic, on the outside as well as on the inside. The amount of space (head room & leg room) that is provided on the inside beats most mid size sedans. The width is an issue but not enough that i would complain.

It has a rear mounted 624 CC, 2 cylinder, MPFI which churns out an impressive 35 PS @ 5250rpm and 48 NM of torque. The speeds tops out @ 105km/h beyond which all the alarms and lights on the instrument cluster go crazy, requesting you to lower the speed :). It has a 4-speed synchromesh on all forward gears and sliding mesh on reverse.

Front suspension has Independent, Lower Wishbone McPherson Strut with gas filled shock absorbers. The Rear suspension has Independent, Semi Trailing arm with coil spring & gas filled shock absorbers which give quite a comfortable and stable ride. The tyres give away a bit, as it has puny 135/70 R12 up front and a decent size 155/65 R12 at the rear. The brakes feel sufficient as they are Dual Circuit, Vertically Split operated by tandem master cylinder with a vacuum booster DRUM brakes on all four. 180mm dia.

The fuel tank has a maximum capacity of 15 ltrs (got the first full tank done for a mere 650 bucks, LOL). FE is yet to be tested.

The interiors are dual tone vinyl, black on grey. There is a rear parcel shelf and can only accommodate 4 inch speakers that too with spacers :eek:. What surprised me was a digital fuel gauge which looks very hep and is only there in cars which cost 10 Lac and above. There is a low fuel warning lamp as well. A two spoke steering grips well and the cabin light up front is more than adequate. The instrument cluster has a nice orange color backlight.

The variant that i have bought (CX) has an air-conditioner with heater. The A/C is pretty effective right now, will have to wait and see how it performs in the torturing summers.

Power-steering is not available in any variant. It doesnt need it too coz it weighs 615 Kg only and with the engine mounted @ the rear the car is pretty light upfront.

As I opened the front hood/boot, i discovered the fuel cap, spare wheel, brake oil container and a few other things which i could not understand. Most parts seem to have been borrowed from the Indica.

In terms of safety, it has a laminated windshield, a centre high mounted stop lamp, front and rear seat belts, booster assisted brakes and tubeless radial tyres.

Thats about all i have seen/read up till now. Will keep updating this thread as my ownership gains more experience.

Forgot to mention the celebrity status that has come with the car. I have had atleast 50-60 people walking upto the car when its parked and ask questions like - "kitney ki padhi?" "diesel hai?" "booking ho rahi hai abhi?" "average kya hai?" "chalne mein kaisi hai?" etc. And there have been a few auntyjis as well stating "alto se better jagah hai" & "cute gadhi hai".

Adios!

:)
Congrats for your new car.
NANO is a perfect city car.
Waiting for more review and pics too.

Congrats on the Nano, mate. You haven't mentioned it's color.
And where are the customary pics?

Congratulations on the new ride. Please post some pics. Also, hows the ride quality and does it have a noisy engine?

Congratulations. Enjoy the exclusivity. Maybe Nano should come with COTY stickers. (Car Of the Year). Do post some pictures.

Congratulations. Also nice that you see the car in its contest. But we need pictures.

The Nano is one car which can be beautified very well; the stunning JBL Nano at Auto Expo is a reflection.

Enjoy the drive.Pics Sir?

Congratulations on the NANO, may it make you famous!! :)

What is the colour?

Nano Singh, tussi great ho, India da hope ho clap:
But please post lots of pictures and share the delivery experience of buying a piece of marvelous automobile engineering.

thank you all. Its a silver colored beauty. Just clicked some pics in the rush of leaving for work in the morning. Will put some more soon.

The buying experience was pretty nice. Got it from ABS motors gurgaon. Helpful people, but if one has contacts then its even better. What they lack is being a bit more professional in their work. They should complete the formalities of internal documentation before calling the customer to take delivery. They made us wait for about an hour and a half so we got a little cheesed off by the end of it. Plus the delivery bay was uneven with dust, rocks and bricks (a small area @ the back of the showroom). Quite risky I would say to have brand new cars standing there as any stone can fly off a tyre & scratch or even dent :eek: the vehicle.

But overall it was pretty ok, I have had worse.

Congrats clap:, the car has indeed attained a celebrity status . How much did she cost you and i think you have a top end variant with alloy wheels and body colored bumpers?

I would love to know how nano does once it has done 50K + in city driving.

Just yesterday, I had the privilege of parking my car next to a nano in our office parking. I and my wife went around it 2-3 times, soaking in the looks of the newbie.

And my wife did mention that it was "Cute" :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurudutt (Post 1717750)
Congrats clap:, the car has indeed attained a celebrity status . How much did she cost you and i think you have a top end variant with alloy wheels and body colored bumpers?

:thumbs up thanx GD.

Alloys are not an option on any variant. This is the middle variant NANO CX (with AC/Heater but no body colored bumpers). The top variant is NANO LX which comes with fabric seat upholstery, fabric inserts on door trims, body colored bumpers, rear and front fog lights, a gear console with cigarette lighter and a few other knicks over the CX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 (Post 1717796)
I would love to know how nano does once it has done 50K + in city driving.

Just yesterday, I had the privilege of parking my car next to a nano in our office parking. I and my wife went around it 2-3 times, soaking in the looks of the newbie.

And my wife did mention that it was "Cute" :)

I certainly hope to keep this "cutie" till it lasts. By the looks and feel of things, it should last 50-60K kms minimum.

@GD: It cost me 1.65 L (on-road Gurgaon) inclusive of extended warranty (from 12 months to 30 months @ 2750/-)

Good to see another nano on the forum. Congratulations.I can understand your excitement and the attention you are enjoying because we are in the same boat, ( i got my nano two weeks back and since than there is no loking back)clap::thumbs up

Just enjoy the cutie and share the experiences....:thumbs up