Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 17:18   #1

Linea the ADA

HI Y'ALL,
I'm Sammy from Pune and now work out of Kolhapur. Well, I never expected to be a part of the TEAM-BHP world but then things do take an unexpected turn in life, don't they? I never was a car freak. It all started that one early morning when my father wakes me up with a phone call and says you are buying a car so start looking around and let me know which one you want. He hangs up and I go back to sleep. I never believed a word he said since I have an Uno and never did it cross my mind for a single moment to buy a new car. I have great car and a fantastic mechanic to take care of her so why should I. So I really didn't believe a word my dad said. Who would if you get a call like that at 6am. Then my dad calls up later on in the day asking me if I've made a list of cars to test drive and I ask him if he was serious and he said why else would he have called at 6am. To cut a long story short, I started to browse thru the internet for reviews and so I came across TEAM-BHP and hey I was hooked. I then looked thru the various forums and test drives and I was finally able to make a choice the FIAT LINEA. I told my dad and he was pretty apprehensive and my mom want me to buy the safari or the innova. I showed my folks theteam-bhp reviews and owner's reviews and a week later comes my LINEA. Why the linea... who can resist her beauty and a lot has been said about it but no matter how much is said it's still hard to refrain from saying more. This is exactly where words don't work their magic.
I bought the emotion + diesel. Color bossa nova white. The only area of concern was the 1300cc engine. I always drove 1700cc plus vehicles till date so this was a real bummer. But was pretty pleased with the way she moved. Afterall there is a lot to be said about the fuel economy. Guess it's worth it. My dad's only concern was the economy and that he's got. My experience with the dealer was not all bad. I bought the car from B.U Bhandari Pune It was like I Came, I Saw and I Bought. I wanted the car on the 30th of Nov which I got. I just had to wait for a couple of hours for the car to come from Ranjangaon. May be the car did come directly from the factory as the car till date does not have the dealer's name on it or not. I did the required PDI again thanks to team-bhp. The odo had 45kms on it. After the PDi the dealer gave me 10ltrs of diesel and got the car registered the next day. I was actually surprised that someone can have it bad.
So what I had to shift gears more often than I cared to, I had the real beauty. Now I need to get her dressed y'know great seat covers and stuff like that. I guess that shouldn't be difficult since I have you guys to walk me around the finer details. Tell me how many of you guys out there feel good about themselves at owning the linea? Though its been a couple of months since I've bought the car I still manage to go to sleep with a smile on my face.
I have to say THANK YOU team-bhp and all linea owners, without you I would have been another car owner. Now I have the car with the ADA.
Old 4th February 2010, 17:36   #2
BHPian

Let me be the first to congratulate you.

All the best with your new ride!

Regards,
Nag
Old 4th February 2010, 18:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

congratulations sammymane! welcome to car freaks club
please post some pics. I am a big fan of White Linea!

Wish you happy miles ahead!
Old 4th February 2010, 18:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

@sammymane!
Welcome to FIAT lovers club.
Old 4th February 2010, 18:10   #5
J.Ravi

Wow! Another proud owner of Fiat Linea! Congratulations and best wishes, sammymane. Happy Motoring!

Old 4th February 2010, 18:33   #6
BHPian

Another one smitten by the gorgeous italian. it is a Line after all, yet, how she impresses. Congrats sammy, many happy miles.
Old 4th February 2010, 18:34   #7
BHPian

congratz sammy..!
We would love to see some snaps of your beauty
Old 4th February 2010, 20:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sammy, Enjoy the Italian beauty!

Where is the pics?
Old 4th February 2010, 20:10   #9
BHPian

Congrats Sammy,

Welcome to the Club , being a part of TBHP is a addiction & beware you are getting addicted to it. You like it or not.

BTW my suggestion for your lovely beauty is a Pete's Box.!!!!
Old 4th February 2010, 22:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

welcome to team-bhp linea club mate
Old 5th February 2010, 02:13   #11
BHPian

Sammymane, congrats on your new car !
Post some pics dear friend.
Old 5th February 2010, 11:46   #12
UKR
BHPian

Smart choice mate . Welcome to the club and enjoy the admiration!

Although the stock power is sufficient, I think I also could do with little bit more. In case anyone has tried the pete's box or something similar, would you be kind enough to share the details
Old 5th February 2010, 13:09   #13
BHPian

Welcome mate to this wonderful site. Now after my work everyday i am sitting full time in front of teamBHP. Hardly talking to my parents and would be .
Old 5th February 2010, 15:20   #14
BHPian

Congrats on owning the beauty. Always wear your seat belts and drive safe. Wish you happy and great time with her. Cheers!

Last edited by Autocop : 5th February 2010 at 15:20. Reason: Text change
Old 5th February 2010, 23:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I always drove 1700cc plus vehicles till
one more query sammymane. Which car you had owned before? I cant recall any car launched with 1.7L engine!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks