Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 13:37   #16
BHPian

@HammerHead
The car is sluggish especially in the 2nd gear, takes ages to move forward. But once it crosses 2000 RPM then it looks like it is eager to move.
Old 7th February 2010, 15:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Gene. i20 is a great looking car. like the punto, it is a refreshing change from the weird looking hatches that are coming out these days. happy motoring!
Old 7th February 2010, 16:01   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Gene.
i20 is definetely one of the Nice looking hatch currently and a fun to drive car.

Drive safe and enjoy the beauty. Some pictures would be nice.
Old 7th February 2010, 18:10   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your new car, Gene. Review is well written like i20’s look.

Happy and a safe motoring.
Old 7th February 2010, 21:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gene - enjoy the i
Old 8th February 2010, 17:44   #21
BHPian

A "not so good" Update

I thought I will ask my wife to drive the i20 (she recently got her learners license). It was almost 9:30 pm and I thought the traffic would have subsided and we started. She was quite nervous and after some initial hiccups we started moving. There was a blind turn ahead and in no time
I was shouting break and it did break: my front headlamps. We collided against an indicab who was taking the turn from the opposite side. My i20's bumper got hit and my front rightside headlamps broke. Also, the right fender was bent. I was shocked for a moment but accidents do happen! The indicas front door had a big dent. He demanded Rs.3000 and I was not ready to give it. I told him lets go to the police station and register a complaint. Then after some negotiations, He agreed for Rs. 2500. I dont know whether I have overpaid. I guess it would take so much (it was a big dent indeed). Moreover, it was almost 10:30 pm and I did not want to spend more time out there. My wife all this while looked terrified and
was dead silent. I told her not to worry and drove back home.

The next day was a saturday, I got up early and took my car to the Trident service center on the inner ring road, Domlur around 9 am. I wanted to go before it is too crowded. The service executive examined the vehicle and said the head lamps need to be replaced and the bumper which had some
scratches will have to be repainted. Also, the fender has to be brought back to shape(though the bend was very minor). He gave me an estimate of around 10K. On the headlamps, just a small piece was broken from the outer glass and the entire assembly needs to be fixed. What a waste of resources. I rembered the fevikwik ad at that point of time. For repainting the bumper it costs 6K and for replacing the headlamp assembly it costs Rs. 3000. Phew, the spares are expensive indeed. I said I want to claim insurance. He then helped me with the formalities. I called up the insurance guys (bajaj - alliance) and told them about the incident and said I wanted a claim. They immediately gave me a claim number. Then I left the car there and left. The service guy said it would take 4-5 working days to get it done. So I went home hoping I would get back the car in perfect condition.

On thursday evening I got a call from trident saying that my car is ready. I went to the service center and there she was smiling and ready to go. The bill was Rs. 10661. The insurance guys had paid Rs.8645. So I had to pay the balance of Rs.2016. I hope I had made the correct decision in claiming the insurance. The paint job was very good, there is no difference in shade between the body and the bumper. I paid the balance and drove away.
Old 8th February 2010, 18:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Not to worry, these kind of stuff happens once in a while.
Enjoy your drive.
Old 11th February 2010, 09:32   #23
BHPian

Hey, I am planning to put seat covers for my car. I need suggestions on what kind of covers are good and which brand I should go for.
Old 21st February 2010, 16:00   #24
BHPian

Firstly, congrats on your great car. Am about to join the 'i' Club pretty soon too.
The covers sold by Hyundai are beige with brown inserts along the middle of the backrests & the seat; they cost some 6.5k from the dealer. They're Polyurethane Leather. The fit & finish is truly great though i personally didn't really like the brown inserts. Friends have asked me get it done from some other unaffiliated dealers, should come upto some 4k.

I don't quite remember where on this forum I have this picture from (I'm pretty sure it was pachchu's car, sparkling blue) but i'd saved it to show my family the exact type of covers i'm looking out for. Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car - The Hyundai i20-i20_front_seats2-art-leather-new-seats.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2010, 16:19   #25
BHPian

Thanks Musicmaker23. It really looks nice. I had enquired around places in bangalore. JC road was the cheapest though did not like the quailty and workmanship. This is what I have gathered.
G-Sport - starts at 7K
Splendid-starts at 5K
Classic - 4.7K, 6K and 7K
Ovion - 5K and 8K
I haven't enquired at the dealer yet.
One more thing, after putting the seat covers, how does the back side of the rear seat look (I mean, after opening the boot, is the threads visible all over). Because, I dont think anyone covers the back side of the rear seat.
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Thanks Musicmaker23. It really looks nice. I had enquired around places in bangalore. JC road was the cheapest though did not like the quailty and workmanship. This is what I have gathered.
G-Sport - starts at 7K
Splendid-starts at 5K
Classic - 4.7K, 6K and 7K
Ovion - 5K and 8K
I haven't enquired at the dealer yet.
One more thing, after putting the seat covers, how does the back side of the rear seat look (I mean, after opening the boot, is the threads visible all over). Because, I dont think anyone covers the back side of the rear seat.
Yep, threads are visible all around when one opens the hatch.
I have found a use for them and use the tight threads as anchor points for small shopping bags
Old 6th April 2010, 13:05   #27
BHPian

Well, its been quite a while since I updated my thread. Last weekend I had been on a trip to Lepakshi (couple of hours from bangalore). The road was so good and empty that I was able to touch 155 kmph on my i20. WOW. I could have gone some more but had to slow down. There was absolutely no vibration whatsoever at that speed. The car was very stable and the steering pretty hard (not the free wheel that one would associate i20 with). Let me upload a couple of pics of my car... Its been long pending task.

Picasa Web Albums - gene - my car

Picasa Web Albums - gene - my car
Old 6th April 2010, 14:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Gene on the i20.

I am a little surprised on the ride quality part of the test drive on the Punto. Its better known for the ride and handling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks