Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 17:31   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicexpulsion View Post
Sprint Booster is a great mod, it makes the car feel very responsive and eliminates any lag whatsoever, a must for any car! Bluefin is a device which gives a bhp and torque boost.

I learnt about all this when i was studying in UK, my roommate was a total petrol head. Must say that my 525 beats the s**t out of any 530 in town
Not looking at modding the mercedes at moment but the A4 will get both sprintbooster and bluefin very soon. I've had the mods on my 5 for almost 2 years now and there have been no problems whatsoever. Its fantastic! I have beaten the crap out of so many 530d owners who line up by me at the stop signal Makes them look like fools wearing the 530d badge. I also upgraded the stock tyres to 245/45 17 which is usually the first mod i make to a new car.
I have a similar wheel setup on my 525d, running on 245/45R17, Michelin PP2s. That defiantly is the perfect upsize. I have read a lot about the sprint booster on e60forums and it is highly recommended but my only concern with it is that it might make the car feel jerky. Due to the high torque passengers already feel getting pushed back in the seat way too often with my driving style Also I believe the sprint booster doesn't really increase the performance timing ?
The bluefin sounds tempting but like I mentioned earlier, the only thing keeping me back is that gearbox concern. Have you noticed any increase in engine sound or smoke?
Old 9th February 2010, 18:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
You bought 1 car in 2007
You bought 2 cars in 2008
You bought 3 cars in 2009

So are there going to be 3 more for 2010 ?
Oh no, its in linear order, so that means 4 new cars for 2010! Congrats on the new Merc. Its a stunner for sure. Question: Does it come with a seat massager?
Old 10th February 2010, 01:39   #18

Quote:
Oh no, its in linear order, so that means 4 new cars for 2010! Congrats on the new Merc. Its a stunner for sure. Question: Does it come with a seat massager?
If they launch the mini in 2010 then that will be my second car of the year for sure. I would be more excited if the E came with a masseuse... :P

Quote:
Also I believe the sprint booster doesn't really increase the performance timing ?
The bluefin sounds tempting but like I mentioned earlier, the only thing keeping me back is that gearbox concern. Have you noticed any increase in engine sound or smoke?
Nope, there isn't any performance increase from the sprint booster, it only eliminates the lag. I haven't noticed any change in engine sound nor any increase in exhaust smoke.
Old 14th February 2010, 21:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Painted by Tata's. Quite surprised, most people seem to have no problem with it. Unless they have sent pre-production cars as test drive ( I doubt it)
Ajit, this was not a pre-production car. Paint was shiny, but with orange peel. Reflections of straight lines/edges were all choppy. They'll be bringing over another car in a week or so. Will take pics.
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:31   #20
BHPian

Hi TE,

Congrats a ton on the new Merc. Good choice. What made you buy it over Bimmer, A6?

Did you consider the Jag as well?
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicexpulsion View Post
I learnt about all this when i was studying in UK, my roommate was a total petrol head. Must say that my 525 beats the s**t out of any 530 in town
Not looking at modding the mercedes at moment but the A4 will get both sprintbooster and bluefin very soon. I've had the mods on my 5 for almost 2 years now and there have been no problems whatsoever. Its fantastic! I have beaten the crap out of so many 530d owners who line up by me at the stop signal Makes them look like fools wearing the 530d badge.

1 question though. If sprintbooster does not stimulate performance then how have to beaten the crap out of the 530D ?? Do you have any performance boosting mods in your 525D as well ? Oh , by the way, rich collection of cars to got there mate. Nice.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 23rd February 2010 at 09:31.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:10   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
1 question though. If sprintbooster does not stimulate performance then how have to beaten the crap out of the 530D ?? Do you have any performance boosting mods in your 525D as well ? Oh , by the way, rich collection of cars to got there mate. Nice.
Its "bluefin" that helps to achieve this marvel... Sprint booster is only eliminating the lag in transmission downshifts.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:44   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Platzda- He did mention that he has a remap/chip- Bluefin.
There is no way a sprint booster could make a 525d beat a 530d, perhaps maybe in the initial pick up by eliminating the lag but certainly not anything beyond that. A difference of 100nM of torque can't be defeated that easily
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Platzda- He did mention that he has a remap/chip- Bluefin.
There is no way a sprint booster could make a 525d beat a 530d, perhaps maybe in the initial pick up by eliminating the lag but certainly not anything beyond that. A difference of 100nM of torque can't be defeated that easily

True. In that case, i must keep "bluefin" in mind for the future. I am 100% interested in the 530D
So, a 530D with Bluefin .
That would sure be something wouldn't it ? It says, the break horsepower would increase by 46 and the torque would shoot up by 132NM ...so in the e60's case, the 530D specs would be - 277hp & 632NM torque !!(535D territory?)
By the way, Sahil i remember reading in your 525D ownership report of you avoiding the temptation of a Pete's box or any other remap on your car as it hasn't been tried and tested before and you didn't want to risk it. Well , i suppose now would be the best time wouldn't it ? Now that toxicexpulsion has tried and tested Bluefin out on his 525D and it works like a whiz, why dont you give it a thought. you would relish it i am sure

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 23rd February 2010 at 11:10.
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
...One sore spot though -- paint quality sucked. Orange peel everywhere. What's up with that? I was expecting better quality from MB.
BN
I noticed this (on a white car) as well.
I wouldn't say it "sucked" - but if you look closely you can definitely see orange peel.

cya
R
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:32   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, Sahil i remember reading in your 525D ownership report of you avoiding the temptation of a Pete's box or any other remap on your car as it hasn't been tried and tested before and you didn't want to risk it. Well , i suppose now would be the best time wouldn't it ? Now that toxicexpulsion has tried and tested Bluefin out on his 525D and it works like a whiz, why dont you give it a thought. you would relish it i am sure
Well I got over that apprehension long back, my biggest concern now is that the gearbox might snap. I believe the 530d comes with the same gearbox of the 525d but with only one difference, the ability to handle more torque !
However even though the gearbox is recommended to handle only around 400nM of torque, there are several people running some heavy remaps.
Old 24th February 2010, 06:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I got over that apprehension long back, my biggest concern now is that the gearbox might snap. I believe the 530d comes with the same gearbox of the 525d but with only one difference, the ability to handle more torque !
However even though the gearbox is recommended to handle only around 400nM of torque, there are several people running some heavy remaps.

Something tells me, instead of getting any remaps done on your 525d, you might just end up buying the next generation 530D
Old 24th February 2010, 09:53   #28
BHPian

I believe the Bluefin Remap leaves quite a few fault codes on the car.I have a 2010 E60 530d & was adviced against going for the bluefin map as the stealers would come to know immediately that the car is remapped looking at the fault codes.The other option would be to return the settings to stock beforehand but I'm not sure whether the fault codes would still be visible.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:50   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeepm777 View Post
I believe the Bluefin Remap leaves quite a few fault codes on the car.I have a 2010 E60 530d & was adviced against going for the bluefin map as the stealers would come to know immediately that the car is remapped looking at the fault codes.The other option would be to return the settings to stock beforehand but I'm not sure whether the fault codes would still be visible.
I thought the Bluefin was a tuning box? In that case you could just unplug it when the car goes in for service hence there is no trace of you having used it.

Quote:
Something tells me, instead of getting any remaps done on your 525d, you might just end up buying the next generation 530D
Well once you climb on the luxury car bandwagon, you gotta keep on working your way up (god willing )
Don't see myself getting the F10 to replace the E60. Would like to upgrade to a bigger luxury sedan or SUV few years down the line.

Last edited by Sahil : 24th February 2010 at 11:56.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well once you climb on the luxury car bandwagon, you gotta keep on working your way up (god willing )
Don't see myself getting the F10 to replace the E60. Would like to upgrade to a bigger luxury sedan or SUV few years down the line.

Oh god loves cars too im sure so you will definitely have gods will on your side.lol
& bigger luxury sedan or SUV...well well...i will be on the lookout for an ownership report of maybe an X6,Q7, 7 series or alike in the near future !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks