Team-BHP - Paprika Red Fiesta SXi 1.6 comes home!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Paprika Red Fiesta SXi 1.6 comes home! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/75048-paprika-red-fiesta-sxi-1-6-comes-home.html)

Well, this is going to be a bit long - as the narrowing down process was!
The thought to sell my 2006 Indica had started creeping in about 4 months back and as it would be, there was a parallel thought on replacing her.

The problem with being knowledgeable by virtue of association with forums such as these, is that the grey cells get a bit overworked by the information overload and start pushing the thoughts into the grey world of confusion. This was compounded by the fact that the better half was happy with a hatch (well..maybe a slightly bigger hatch) and that the budget was stretchable to about 8.5L. News of impending launches to be announced at the Auto Expo only added to this!.

So I started a round of the dealerships and numerous test drives ensued.

Cars considered (Test driven cars marked):
  1. Hyundai i10 (TD)
  2. Hyundai i20 (Petrol and Diesel) (TD)
  3. Maruti Ritz (Petrol) (TD)
  4. Maruti SX4 (TD)
  5. Chevrolet Beat (TD)
  6. Fiat Punto (Multijet) (TD)
  7. Fiat Linea (Multijet)
  8. Tata Manza (Quadrajet) (TD)
  9. Ford Fiesta (Petrol) (TD)
  10. VW Polo
  11. Mahindra Xylo
  12. Honda Jazz
Cars considered (2nd Hand):
  1. Toyota Innova
  2. Ford Mondeo
  3. Chevrolet Optra Magnum TDCi
The 2nd hand cars were considered on the basis that I had received a couple of good deals.

So the forum threads related to all these cars were researched and digested and all information was analyzed - which only lead to more confusion!
Finally when the Indica sale deal was struck - I sat with the better half and decided a simple way to end the analysis. Which car was the most fun to drive? this was the question we asked ourselves and the answer was Maruti Ritz and Ford Fiesta. The next choice was obviously the space required and financial consideration and we decided to join the sedan bandwagon (after owning 5 hatchbacks between the two of us previously)

Variants which offered ABS/Airbags were considered for all the cars mentioned. This was a no-compromise point.

Finally, the Fiesta was booked in Paprika Red in the SXi avatar as it offers all the requirements that were a pre-requisite for us. Many of you will ask - why not the Sport variant? and the answer to that is that having test driven the SXi, I found the handling to be pretty good and the comfort was just right. I did not want a car with stiffer springs that would have made the ride that much more rigid.

congrats on your buy viper. pics pls dude.

paprika red is a nice and a different color than standard silver / white etc. no offence to white / silver car owners.

Also can you give a little bit indication on the OTR pricing breakdown.

how was the dealership experience? any freebies offered?

safe motoring.

The booking was made at Metro Ford, St.Marks road showroom. I managed the loan and insurance on my own and managed to get the door scuff plates and a body cover as freebies.
The PDI was conducted a day before the registration as per the TBHP guideline and the car came home on the evening of 3rd Feb'10.
The dealership experience was excellent

The Fiesta got its first dose of aftermarket beautification: 3M CR series film.
The windscreen got fixed with the CR70 and the other glasses with CR50.

A tyre upgrade to Conti CPC2 195/60 R14 is planned but dealers in Bangalore seem to have run out of stocks and I will have to wait for 15 days.:Frustrati

Viper, congratulations.
Nice choice of colour. Drive safe and enjoy the beauty.

How much did it cost you for CR70 alone ? I am planning the same for my Linea to prepare myself for the summer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 1720505)
Viper, congratulations.
Nice choice of colour. Drive safe and enjoy the beauty.

How much did it cost you for CR70 alone ? I am planning the same for my Linea to prepare myself for the summer.

Not sure of the price - the dealer is someone I know from my trade of being an architect - so I will get some discount. I can inquire for their standard price and revert.

congratulations viper711. drive safe!

what is the price of Conti CPC2? Did you consider the Micheline or Yoko?

any ICE upgrade planned?

Wow! Nice ride there. I am in love with Fiestas in this forum. Just pray that my dad agrees to get a 1.6S for us too.

Are these 3M films fitted outside or inside? What is the worker doing with that machine in his hand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1720574)
congratulations viper711. drive safe!

what is the price of Conti CPC2? Did you consider the Micheline or Yoko?

any ICE upgrade planned?

I considered both but narrowed on conti's. Also considered Falken. I am using the XM1+ on my palio and they are good but i want something sportier! Conti's have been quoted for 4K/tyre.
ICE upgrade is planned in stages depending on replenishment of vitamin M:) - First will be an amp followed by components for the front and better quality 5x7 for the rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 1720584)
Wow! Nice ride there. I am in love with Fiestas in this forum. Just pray that my dad agrees to get a 1.6S for us too.

My good wishes for the same

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 1720610)
Are these 3M films fitted outside or inside? What is the worker doing with that machine in his hand?

Film is fixed from inside. The worker is moulding the film using a hot air blower so that there are no wrinkles on account of the curvature of the glass.

It's a lovely car, congratulations.

OT: Did you ask the dealer anything about the Figo? :D

@Viper..Congrats on the Fiesta Sxi..Suddenly there is a spurt of Paprika Fiesta postings it seems! Gorgeus color.

You must be on the top of the "Max TDs done" list;-}

What does your VIN say? Any plans for rear spoiler?

@viper,

A BIG Congratulations on your Fiestaclap:. The colour is too good looking on the mean machine. Hope you handle and take care of her well.
Can you fill in more details regarding the pricing, freebies you got for the Fiesta. Also let us know how was your insurance and loan deals experience. Did you hit any jackpots with the same. :D
BTW did you get a Jan 2010 model, Whats does the VIN say?
Enjoy the car and post some more pic soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1721061)
It's a lovely car, congratulations.

OT: Did you ask the dealer anything about the Figo? :D

Yes, in fact I did discuss that. The sales team did not have pricing details but were accepting bookings (without brochures of full technical details!). This week they are to receive their training for the Figo and he confirmed deliveries will begin first week of March'10

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjayc (Post 1721076)
@Viper..Congrats on the Fiesta Sxi..Suddenly there is a spurt of Paprika Fiesta postings it seems! Gorgeus color.

You must be on the top of the "Max TDs done" list;-}

What does your VIN say? Any plans for rear spoiler?

Rear spoiler is planned for but after vitamin M deficiency is taken care of.
Not sure of the exact VIN right now - (I'll look it up and confirm)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1721216)
@viper,

A BIG Congratulations on your Fiestaclap:. The colour is too good looking on the mean machine. Hope you handle and take care of her well.
Can you fill in more details regarding the pricing, freebies you got for the Fiesta. Also let us know how was your insurance and loan deals experience. Did you hit any jackpots with the same. :D
BTW did you get a Jan 2010 model, Whats does the VIN say?
Enjoy the car and post some more pic soon

thanks for the compliments!
I got a 9.25% interest loan from ICICI based on past relationships (Kotak offered 9.5%) On the insurance front, i opted for Bajaj Allianz as they have a national tie up with Ford. I did not opt for the one the dealer was offering as this was 7K more than the no frills package that I opted for on my own. The package offered by dealer includes RSA package anywhere in the country. This didn't make sense for me as I do not tour long distances. Fords own RSA package for Karnataka is good enough!

The car is a 2009 make and I did get it at the promotional price that was prevailing in Dec'09.

Congratulations becoming another proud Fiesta Owner !
You will definitely enjoy driving the car.

Cheers!