Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 11:21   #1

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)

It took me over 3 months to settle for a car and it took me over a week to get time to write about my new love , quite a lazy guy I am .

It was confusing yet an exciting journey. I was supposed to get a car on my birthday which was on 4th December . My first choice was a pre-owned 06/07 model Honda Accord . I spent a month searching for a good car but my dad rejected every car for some or the other reason and he was not at all ready to go for a pre-owned car . He always wanted me to go for a Brand New FIAT LINEA Top Model . After several arguments for months , We settled for a New Honda Civic , he had to increase his budget but he was quite happy because he was able to convince me for a new car rather than a pre-owned accord. Moreover I was happy too :P . After this , I again got into thoughts of considering Chevy Cruze as an option because of the looks and the diesel engine . I asked a few people and they told me that it was better to go for a Honda Car than a Chevrolet car . Besides , CIVIC's interiors were much better than that of Cruze's keeping in mind that interior was one of the most important factor for me .

After our final decision to go for the CIVIC , we went to the Honda Dealer a couple of week's back and enquired about the New Civic . The New CIVIC's S Model costed 12.89 L on-road whereas the V Model Costed 13.85 L and the S model came under our maximum budget of 13 L . However the S Model did not have leathers and I wanted to get leathers which costed a massive amount of Rs. 35,000 separately . I wasn't so happy with the price tag of 12.89 L without leathers and fog lamps . Besides I wanted to go for the top model . My Dad had a few corporate dealings with another Honda Dealer . So he went and met him the same day and asked him if there were some previous year CIVIC V model's available just so that he could get some discounts of the 09 Models and guess what we found - a 09 V Model . It was the facelifted Civic V in Silver color . We were getting 50,000 off that car . I never in my entire journey had a thought of going for any other color except WHITE . I had an obsession with that color , So that was rejected on the go . The next day my dad got a call from the GM again and he told him about another car they had , it had been put up on showroom display for two months earlier . It was a pre-facelift version of Civic V model manufactured in June 2009 , that too in WHITE . I saw the car , it was perfect . It lacked Cruze Control and Fuel Economy Indicator as they were new features that were added in the Current Civic . The Metallic grill and the rear lights were different(minor changes) . The Discount that they were ready to give was just Rs. 1 Lakh knowing that new features were added to the current V Model . As my Dad had done several corporate dealings with them , my dad was able to convince them to give us a discount of 1.5 L . Me and my Dad both were quite happy because it was the top model at a very low price and we weren't really concerned about the resale value .
We Finally brought the car home this wednesday on 3rd February 2010 and I'm just lovin each and everything about the car .

The On-road price comes out to be Rs.12.25 L only (1.5 L Discount + 10,000 Off insurance ) .
Freebies : Body Cover , Cushion Set , Perfume and Gear Lock . (Over Rs. 5,000)
Mods Installed : LED Side Step Garnish (Rs. 10,500)
Attached Thumbnails
The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-03022010095.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-030220100941.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-030220100961.jpg  

Old 9th February 2010, 11:41   #2
BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase . Post some interior pictures as well . safe drive .
Old 9th February 2010, 12:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Civic in white looks good! Congrats on the big discount. Happy under-body scraping on road humps!

Is Honda still selling the Civic hybrid version at Rs. 16 Lacs on-road?
Old 9th February 2010, 13:08   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Congrats on the new purchase . Post some interior pictures as well . safe drive .
Thanks mate and I'll definitely grab some more pictures tonight and post them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Civic in white looks good! Congrats on the big discount. Happy under-body scraping on road humps!

Is Honda still selling the Civic hybrid version at Rs. 16 Lacs on-road?
Haha , I experienced one of those yesterday at a speed breaker . I really got scared at that time but then one of my friends told me that there is nothing to worry , it happens with the CIVIC .
Is there anything that I can do about it ?

I have no idea about the hybrid cost but I'll let you know in a couple of days when I talk to the Honda Dealer .
Old 9th February 2010, 15:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Generally upsizing helps. See if you can fit 16 or 17 inch alloys on your Civic. However, the ride quality might take a hit on 17 inchers.

See if it helps if your drive into a speed breaker at a slight angle (say 20 degrees). That is, only one wheel should be on the speed breaker at a time. This might not be possible if there is a heavy traffic behind you though.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:25   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Generally upsizing helps. See if you can fit 16 or 17 inch alloys on your Civic. However, the ride quality might take a hit on 17 inchers.

See if it helps if your drive into a speed breaker at a slight angle (say 20 degrees). That is, only one wheel should be on the speed breaker at a time. This might not be possible if there is a heavy traffic behind you though.
I won't change the alloys atm . I'll try what you said and get back on that .

I'm uploading a few interior pictures along with this post .
More to be uploaded soon .

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010137.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010132.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010133.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010134.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010135.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010138.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010139.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010140.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010141.jpg  

The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White)-09022010142.jpg  

Old 9th February 2010, 16:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats tanju.. you got a very sweet deal.. What is the manufactured month of the car?

Quote:
Haha , I experienced one of those yesterday at a speed breaker . I really got scared at that time but then one of my friends told me that there is nothing to worry , it happens with the CIVIC .
Is there anything that I can do about it ?
That is bad! How many were travelling on the car? And which particular road/speed breaker? I have so far not touched any speed breaker yet, with the car fully loaded.. so, I am guessing, the stiffened suspension in the facelift Civic does work..
Old 9th February 2010, 16:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Congrats tanju.. you got a very sweet deal.. What is the manufactured month of the car?

That is bad! How many were travelling on the car? And which particular road/speed breaker? I have so far not touched any speed breaker yet, with the car fully loaded.. so, I am guessing, the stiffened suspension in the facelift Civic does work..
@iTNerd - I was expecting your reply here . Manufacturing month is June 09 .
We were four people travelling and it was a 'not so big' speed breaker near Shanti Niketan market .
What has been the maximum speed you've had while crossing a breaker?

P.S - Its tanuj , not tanju
Old 9th February 2010, 17:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

congratulations tanuj! you got a very sweet deal

Quote:
Mods Installed : LED Side Step Garnish (Rs. 10,500)
10.5K for LED side step! where you got them from?
how you are liking stock Audio, any upgrade planned?
Old 9th February 2010, 17:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Congratulations Tanuj !!!

Enjoy your ride

your side step garnish looks like OEM and they have only illumination in front doors i guess and not in rear, the ones which my dealer gave have illumination on all 4. By the way did delaer gave those mats for you or you purchased extra ? do you know how much those rubber mats cost ? i need one badly.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:36   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Thanks . I got them from the Honda Dealer , thats the price there .
The stock Audio is pretty decent but sometimes when I am with my friends I feel that it could've been better . I might think of some audio upgrades in future .

I've planned the following Mods lined up for this month :

1 . Sun Films
2 . Back censors
3 . Rear spoiler ( not sure about this )

I really wanted to get a sun-roof on my car but that'll void my honda warranty if i get it from outside . Does anyone knows if honda does that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Congratulations Tanuj !!!

Enjoy your ride

your side step garnish looks like OEM and they have only illumination in front doors i guess and not in rear, the ones which my dealer gave have illumination on all 4. By the way did delaer gave those mats for you or you purchased extra ? do you know how much those rubber mats cost ? i need one badly.
Thanks mate .
They are OEM! and yes you're right they have illumination in front doors only . I got those mats from outside for Rs.600 in total . Quite effective they are

Do you plan any other mods for your Civic in the coming months?
Old 9th February 2010, 17:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj-m View Post
@iTNerd - I was expecting your reply here . Manufacturing month is June 09 .
We were four people travelling and it was a 'not so big' speed breaker near Shanti Niketan market .
What has been the maximum speed you've had while crossing a breaker?
I am usually careful when crossing over a speed breaker if the car is loaded.. Now I am even more, with the body kits.. not sure if I ever crossed a breaker on high speed..

Quote:
P.S - Its tanuj , not tanju
My bad... where do you put up, btw?
Old 9th February 2010, 21:30   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I am usually careful when crossing over a speed breaker if the car is loaded.. Now I am even more, with the body kits.. not sure if I ever crossed a breaker on high speed..

My bad... where do you put up, btw?
Speed might be the reason then . I did not notice the breaker at that time and was at a speed of 30-40 and did not apply brakes on the go .

And I put up in Janak Puri ( West Delhi ) . What about you ?
Old 24th May 2010, 14:40   #14
BHPian

Fantastic photoes, and congrats on the purchase.
The preface lifted white civic looks better in my opinion and the white one is absolutely ravishing!
You are lucky to get the generous discount and add to the fact it is cheaper by 2 lakhs (on road, compared to B'lore), the cost you have paid is the asking rate for a 2 year old AT civic in B'lore with low mileage!
Old 25th May 2010, 11:18   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks