Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 11:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

congratulations Penpavan on your sporty choice. Nice pics. Do upadte us with the initial ownsership! Drive safe!

Quote:
RES ACCEL
DECEL SET
what are these two buttons near the cruise button!
Old 10th February 2010, 12:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Congratulation PenPavan. Car looks great. Safe driving.

Quick Question: The Insurance which you took finally IS NOT part of Honda Assure. Correct?
@hrmanju1 - that is correct, it was from royal sundaram, i was told by dealer their claim settlement and coverage is good and they also have tie up with the dealer.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:33   #18
BHPian

Congrats for your new buy penpavan, as Civic is my dream machine too, but the main problem I think for Civic is GC. Tell me more about how many times the car kissed the earth??
Old 10th February 2010, 15:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
@hrmanju1 - that is correct, it was from royal sundaram, i was told by dealer their claim settlement and coverage is good and they also have tie up with the dealer.
I booked my car today and the dealer said it was next to impossible to go anything below 39K for Honda Assure. I managed to get accessories worth Rs 10K after a bit of haggling in addition to the corporate discount and the discount of 9K on insurance.

@penpavan: By the way, when I showed the type of side step garnish you have, I was told that it was not Honda OE and the only OE is what is shown on the website. But I somehow like the one that you have. Not sure where I can source it though.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:47   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I booked my car today and the dealer said it was next to impossible to go anything below 39K for Honda Assure. I managed to get accessories worth Rs 10K after a bit of haggling in addition to the corporate discount and the discount of 9K on insurance.

@penpavan: By the way, when I showed the type of side step garnish you have, I was told that it was not Honda OE and the only OE is what is shown on the website. But I somehow like the one that you have. Not sure where I can source it though.
How much corporate discount did you get ? Whats the OTR?
Congratulations on your booking . Welcome to the Club .
Old 10th February 2010, 16:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj-m View Post
How much corporate discount did you get ? Whats the OTR?
Congratulations on your booking . Welcome to the Club .
Thanks. The OTR in Chennai for V MT is 14,57,775 INR. The corporate discount offered was 20,000 INR.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on the booking of your Civic rr_zen!
Old 10th February 2010, 17:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:

@rr_zen - Congratulations on your booking !!!! Welcome to the Club
BTW i will enquire with my dealer about my side step garnish where he sourced it and let you know, If you dont like OEM ones dont go for it out of showroom and rather negotiate something else in its place and get side step from outside.
Old 10th February 2010, 17:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Congrats for your new buy penpavan, as Civic is my dream machine too, but the main problem I think for Civic is GC. Tell me more about how many times the car kissed the earth??
@hiren959 - i haven't kissed any bumps in bangalore yet, i somewhat feel the rear suspension is stiff infact , when i drive especially on potholes and bumps in bangalore. Haven't had a chance to drive full load with 5 people in car yet , so dont know how weight will add problems to rear suspension yet
Old 10th February 2010, 18:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations on the booking of your Civic rr_zen!
Thanks a ton. Am all excited. Btw, where is report with pics of the new AT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
@rr_zen - Congratulations on your booking !!!! Welcome to the Club
BTW i will enquire with my dealer about my side step garnish where he sourced it and let you know, If you dont like OEM ones dont go for it out of showroom and rather negotiate something else in its place and get side step from outside.
That will be of great help. I am not keen on the OE ones as they do not cover a larger area as yours. Also, the OE ones do not have illumination for the rear doors. Since I have managed to get 10K worth of free accessories, am planning to go in for the following:

1. Body Cover
2. Ambiant Lights
3. 3M sun film (maybe)

Let me know if you think there is something else that am missing for the amount offered.
Old 10th February 2010, 18:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
congratulations Penpavan on your sporty choice. Nice pics. Do upadte us with the initial ownsership! Drive safe!

what are these two buttons near the cruise button!
Set / Reset, Accelerate / Decelerate for Cruise Control
Old 10th February 2010, 21:53   #27
BHPian

congrats!
BTW in the pic of compartment containing usb input, what is the other wire for?
Old 10th February 2010, 22:04   #28
BHPian

Are the tyres Michelin Energy XM1 or XM1+ ?
Old 10th February 2010, 22:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton. Am all excited. Btw, where is report with pics of the new AT?

That will be of great help. I am not keen on the OE ones as they do not cover a larger area as yours. Also, the OE ones do not have illumination for the rear doors. Since I have managed to get 10K worth of free accessories, am planning to go in for the following:

1. Body Cover
2. Ambiant Lights
3. 3M sun film (maybe)

Let me know if you think there is something else that am missing for the amount offered.
What are Ambient lights ? if they are offering 10k accesories try to squeeze in rear parking sensors, 3M sun film + Rubber mats + Body cover + wheel lock nuts :-) happy negotiating....
Old 10th February 2010, 22:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Are the tyres Michelin Energy XM1 or XM1+ ?
Michelin Energy MXV8's

Most Viewed