Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
rr_zen : I spoke with my dealer, he is qouting 11.4K for side step garnish, i know it may not be the right price, but thats what he is quoting and cant argue much with him, did not find the same in external shops yet, those which are available outside in shops have some kind of honeycomb material which has LEDs in them.
@pavan: Thanks for the information. I too was not able to find the garnish in any of the shops in chennai. Looks like I will have to cough up the money the dealer is quoting.
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:32   #62
BANNED

i found the door step garnish at the local shop for Rs 1800 and it oncludes rear illuminated door step garnish.where as the dealer's rear garnish is not illuminated. ill buy these in a day or two when avalible with shop keeper and will post some pics.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:00   #63
BANNED

sorry, the door garnish i am talking about is for ANHC not for civic. i will ask him about the civic.
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

Pavan, please update on your experience so far with your car...
Old 7th March 2010, 16:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@pavan: Thanks for the information. I too was not able to find the garnish in any of the shops in chennai. Looks like I will have to cough up the money the dealer is quoting.
@rr_zen : During my recent visit to honda service, i re-enquired side step garnish prize directly with the shopkeeper of accessories , guess what he is saying 7K net and infact he showed me them also and its available, let me know if you are still interested.
Old 7th March 2010, 16:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Pavan, please update on your experience so far with your car...
Here is my experience so far,
Done 1000Kms and tok for 1st free service last weekend, no cost incurred, bill was zero rupees, i told the service engineer to take a look at heaviness in clutch and i was also experiencing wheel alightment issue wherein if i leave the steering straight during driving the vehicle used to move towards right, after service i dont see much difference in clutch , no change and looks like the alighnment issue is gone - need to test more to confirm.
in this 1000kms went for a long drive to mysore and back, scraped 2 bumps during that trip and not scraped bumps in city driving so far.
Avg FE is 12.5kmpl, infact it touched 13.7 during my long drive and is gradually coming down since then.
Maintaining the michelin MXV8's at 33Psi,
No sunfilm or reverse parking sensor so far, haven't found time to get them.
Ride quality - Good and enjoying so far, will rip above 3K now after 1st service , haven't got a chance
FE - happy with what ever the meter is showing

Overall rating: Goood so far,
Old 7th March 2010, 18:15   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
in this 1000kms went for a long drive to mysore and back, scraped 2 bumps during that trip and not scraped bumps in city driving so far.

Maintaining the michelin MXV8's at 33Psi,

FE - happy with what ever the meter is showing
I think I know the bumps you are talking about. Had been to Mysore y.day and saw 3 huge ones, as I entered Mysore (painted in Yellow and white). I slightly scraped one of them after managing the other two.

Isn't 33psi high (30 is what Honda recommends)? How do you find the ride?

Use tankful to tankful method for actual FE. From what I have seen so far, there is a max difference of 0.5kmpl, between the meter and the manual method.

Regarding the side-step garnish, does it need cutting of wires or is it just plugging-in ?
Old 7th March 2010, 19:30   #68
Senior - BHPian

@penpavan: Thanks for the follow-up. I will let you know upon finalizing the same. Meanwhile, I have a few questions for you. I had been to the dealership to have a look at my car and to sign some form for the corporate discount.

1.The guy at the accessories dept told me that the car as such has wiring provision (for illumination) only for the garnish on the front door and not for the one on the rear. If this were to be accomodated, it would mean cutting of wires to join the additional one which would affect the wiring and could in turn affect warranty. Now, my question is, if the illumination on all the four doors in your car is working fine till now ?

2. When I enquired about the spoiler, I was told that if the spoiler was fitted, the internal brake light (the one at the rear windscreen) would not function anymore. It can either be the brake light on the spoiler or the internal one that can function at one time. How does this work in your case, since you have a spoiler?
Old 8th March 2010, 12:21   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
I think I know the bumps you are talking about. Had been to Mysore y.day and saw 3 huge ones, as I entered Mysore (painted in Yellow and white). I slightly scraped one of them after managing the other two.

Isn't 33psi high (30 is what Honda recommends)? How do you find the ride?

Use tankful to tankful method for actual FE. From what I have seen so far, there is a max difference of 0.5kmpl, between the meter and the manual method.

Regarding the side-step garnish, does it need cutting of wires or is it just plugging-in ?
reg : 33psi
I was just going by iTNerds experience with michelin to keep them at 33psi
i haven't tried 30psi, will try and check the diff in ride quality
so far i have re-inflated only once out of showroom and 1st time around it was out of showroom and now they should have checked the pressure in 1st service

reg : side step garnish
i am not sure how they installed it, since i was not there when they did it before delivery, but i can notice a small piece of wire going inside in the center, BTW on one of the side steps the sticker is not holding up,if i try to press it up it bounces back, dont know how reliable this sticking is for long run
Old 8th March 2010, 12:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@penpavan: Thanks for the follow-up. I will let you know upon finalizing the same. Meanwhile, I have a few questions for you. I had been to the dealership to have a look at my car and to sign some form for the corporate discount.

1.The guy at the accessories dept told me that the car as such has wiring provision (for illumination) only for the garnish on the front door and not for the one on the rear. If this were to be accomodated, it would mean cutting of wires to join the additional one which would affect the wiring and could in turn affect warranty. Now, my question is, if the illumination on all the four doors in your car is working fine till now ?

2. When I enquired about the spoiler, I was told that if the spoiler was fitted, the internal brake light (the one at the rear windscreen) would not function anymore. It can either be the brake light on the spoiler or the internal one that can function at one time. How does this work in your case, since you have a spoiler?
For 1:-

Yes , all 4 are illuminated, dont know if they did any extra wiring for them since i wasn't there when they put it on, but i dont notice any wires coming out and visible though any where

For 2 :-
this is not correct, in my car both glow when i brake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks