Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

bharani, congrats! It looks like you bought the car on the sly without telling any of us. If I am not mistaken, this is the EXi with some additional 'limited' features of ZXI, correct? I was under the impression that even the EXi comes with fog lamps, so I was surprised to see it missing. Maybe it was removed in this edition.

I do not have windshield sun film in my Fiesta. Even on the rare occasions that I parked it in the sun, the AC was able to able to cool the cabin in a few minutes. The AC is one of the best in its class.

If you want a remote key with a security system, check out the one made by Xenos. I have one on my 800 for more than 4 years now and it has never failed me so far. It comes with a lifetime warranty as well.

Where is the new MPL showroom in Taramani? I bought mine from MPL as well. Who was your salesman?

Last edited by Gilead : 12th February 2010 at 14:23.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:32   #17
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

1. Limited edition does not come with ABS or Airbag :(
2. Its 4 speakers not 6.

Gilead -> I mentioned this in the "I Booked My Car" thread which you must have missed.
I am not yet thinking of a front end sun film but might put one if i find it is required.

Xenos -> Is there a website where i can see the options.

The showroom is at the beginning of the taramani road when you come from SRP tools. It is on the left side. ArutSelvan was my sales guy.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Xenos -> Is there a website where i can see the options.
Take a look at this. Xenos
I have the one called FW 200-1A. You should be able to get it for 4K and they will come and install at your place. The next two models feature a vibration sensor and an immobilizer. The vibration sensor is a big pain, but the immobilizer could be useful. If i am not mistaken, Xenos is a Pricol brand.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:06   #19
BHPian

Features looks ok. I think they have a showroom in Nandanam. Will drop in to have a look in the weekend.

Does'nt Fiesta have an inbuilt Immobilizer. Do I need an additional one ?

How is the service of Xenos.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:17   #20
BHPian

If you are going for RE50, ensure to check out in daylight..I have this 50% visibilty installed (Huper-Optik brand)..checked the shade during evenings and thought it to be ok, but now feel it to be on the lighter side when the car is taken out in bright sunshine, everything inside is visible clearly from outside.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Features looks ok. I think they have a showroom in Nandanam. Will drop in to have a look in the weekend.

Does'nt Fiesta have an inbuilt Immobilizer. Do I need an additional one ?

How is the service of Xenos.
Yes, Fiesta does have an immobilizer. Take a look at the basic 4K one then. You can get it at most accessories shops as well. I got mine at Radio Warehouse. I have no idea about their service as mine has has never had an issue till now. In fact, it's still running on original batteries.
Old 12th February 2010, 17:55   #22
BHPian

Will check it out Gilead.

Forgot to mention that with this edition I have got warranty for 3 years. Not sure if it was available standard before.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Will check it out Gilead.

Forgot to mention that with this edition I have got warranty for 3 years. Not sure if it was available standard before.
Standard is 2 years. For 3rd/4th yr it will cost appx 4.5K/yr..can u confirm if the 3rd yr warranty was included as per essential pack pricing or was it offered free of cost. I got the 3rd yr free as part of loyalty bonus ( have to show my previous ikon RC).

It will be nice if you can post the complete breakup of your pricing, since the dealers time and again bundle different things at different points.

Last edited by sanjayc : 12th February 2010 at 18:25.
Old 13th February 2010, 06:47   #24
BHPian

Sanjac,

OTR was initially 7.47 including essential pack. I opted out of the essential pack and got the rubber mats, mud flaps free.

As part of the special edition, the 3rd year warranty is free.
Old 13th February 2010, 13:34   #25
BHPian

Put Autocop Remote lock similar to what I had previously in my WagonR. My FIL's friends son worked with the manufacturer and he came home and did it for me. Cost me 3.4K.
Old 15th February 2010, 11:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

@bharani,

Congrats on the New Fiesta (I know I am bit late to do so, cud not access BHP forum due to V-day preparations & celebrations)
Thats one fine piece of machine you got yourselves. Now I suppose you have fallen in love with the looks, it would be far when you will simply love the perfomance. Get ready to Zip, Zap & Zoom. All the Best & drive safe.
I see you have a list of accessories on mind. I feel the Seat covers also need special attention esp for those long drives you would go for. I also feel that the rear carpets are not enough, go in for the complete covered carpet to prevent the hump area in the back from getting soiled.
Keep us posted of the interior pics and the modifications.
Old 20th February 2010, 06:56   #27
BHPian

Thanks guys for the wishes. Had a tight week at office and could not log on to team-bhp much.

Yes, Ghodlur would be putting the sun control (3M) next week and the seat cover early in March. I used to have G-sport in my WagonR previously. Ford has given a fabric seat cover for the fiesta but needs something on top of it.

Once these are in place, speakers need to be replaced. I might stick around with the audio given since it looks nice with the dash.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

It was a sensible buy. Diesel Sedan for 7.5L is VFM in today's market where as Premium diesel Hatchback are around 6 to 8.5L.

Any reason for not going for ZXI? I hope the difference between Exi & Zxi is 50K, your EMI would be around +1K per month.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:03   #29
BHPian

Thanks Ramsagar. Since this is a special edition, its priced lesser than exi (with more features ! Ford and their art of pricing).

Guys. First visit today to the service center to get the thermostat replaced under warranty. Car seems to cool quite fast than before.

Read about it here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-program.html

Staff at MPL were courteous but cleaning of car post service needs a reminder. Not happy about it.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:54   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
If I am not mistaken, this is the EXi with some additional 'limited' features of ZXI, correct? I was under the impression that even the EXi comes with fog lamps, so I was surprised to see it missing. Maybe it was removed in this edition.
Quote:
1. Limited edition does not come with ABS or Airbag :(
2. Its 4 speakers not 6.
You'll be surprised by the items added, removed in the different versions and special editions of Fiesta over the years
The only difference between the 2006 SXi and 2009 ZXi Fiesta is leather interiors (CD Player was upgraded for both ZXi and SXi during this period though). Want a twist? The 2009 ZXi SVP had leather interiors as well.

A friend of mine is swearing that the 2010 LE TDCI has ABS. What can I do!

Think of someone who's looking out for a used Fiesta. Quite a confusion!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks