Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 07:08   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
My Silver Shadow - Ford Fiesta

Hi All,

Moving from a small car to a sedan is a big change for me. Moving from a petrol to a diesel an even bigger change, but my daily and weekly running warranted such a move.

My Journey for a replacement for WagonR started June 2009. Our test drives varied from a Ritz Diesel to a Xylo but could not make up our (Me and my better half) mind. A neighbour had a Fiesta. The very minute I sat down, I felt a new dawn. Next day, we went to the ford showroom for a test drive and the mind was made.

We chose the special edition diesel which ford came up with. Chose the Silver Color after a few deliberations and booked the Car around 20th of January. Started bugging the salesman on delivery and finally got a call on 8th Feb that the car has reached the yard.

I had finalized SBI has a financier and what a royal pain in the axx, the process has become. * A warning to those in chennai who wish to avail a loan through SBI, be prepared to go to their central loan office and wait for a few hours to get it sanctioned.

On 9th Feb, went to the yard and did a basic PDI, was satisfied. The salesguy came home and collected the Cheque and an address proof for delivery. 10th Feb was the day for registration and all had gone smooth as planned.

I get a call from the GM of the dealership (MPL Ford), saying that they are opening a new showroom in Taramani and asked "Would I like to be first customer to take delivery there". I said "Yes". After a sleepless night, I got up at 4 A.M. and was restless.

We were asked to come to the dealership at 10.30 A.M. but in typical fashion, turned up at 9 A.M. Thankfully the car was awaiting me there. I started doing the final pdi before delivery which took an hour. A Delivery guy then explained me the documents I receive and the car functions. Then MPL's owner came up and congratulated us and gave us the car key with photographs all around.

The Silver Journey continues later tonight. Pictures first
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Shadow - Ford Fiesta-dsc_0482.jpg  

My Silver Shadow - Ford Fiesta-dsc_0485.jpg  

My Silver Shadow - Ford Fiesta-dsc_0486.jpg  

My Silver Shadow - Ford Fiesta-dsc_0488.jpg  

My Silver Shadow - Ford Fiesta-dsc_0495.jpg  

Old 12th February 2010, 08:03   #2
BHPian

congrats on your new ford..she is going to be a dream experience.
i too had jumped from the maruti bandwagon just like you and totally dint expect to fall for the fiesta.everything was out of the blue and im just loving the experience ever since.

it never tired to see a new fiesta even after the latest rush of these new cars in the forum,,waiting for more pics

btw,the car looks stunning as ever in silver.congrats once again.
what was your on road price?
Old 12th February 2010, 08:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

It's not surprising that the cars that are often deemed as not-so-special in terms of looks, age the most gracefully.

Look at the Fiesta, it's proportions are perfect. Being a Linea fan cannot dissuade me from saying that the Fiesta has better proportions (the Linea, if you look carefully, has the bonnet length to boot length ratio a little wonky)

Congratulations on your purchase, it's a lovely colour as well. Here's to many miles of happiness for you and your family
Old 12th February 2010, 09:23   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Bharanidharang!

Wishing you many more happy miles

Small suggestion:The black fog lamps housing looks out of place. Please add the fog lamps You'll appreciate the looks for sure!
Old 12th February 2010, 09:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice color. If you can replace the black with the silver grille it will enhance the car's looks, IMO. Enjoy your new car.
Old 12th February 2010, 09:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations !
Now, you become the proud owner of Fiesta !
And more over you got the special attention as the First customer (first car ) taking delivery from the dealer's new showroom.
Enjoy and drive safely.
Cheers !
Old 12th February 2010, 10:18   #7
BHPian

Thank you ariendj, amartya, kiku007,nickatnite, nairrk for your wishes.

Yes, I am planning to put the fogs soon. Not so sure yet about the silver grill though

I need a help guys. This version does not come with a remote key. What are the choices in the market ?

I am planning to put 3M sun film this weekend. Any pointers towards that would be helpful.
Old 12th February 2010, 10:36   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate! The silver colored car looks nice. Wish you many more happy miles in the car.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:03   #9
BHPian

Here is another congrats from a fellow moondust silver fiesta owner!
Double congrats for making it into Nairji's acclaimed,much sought after fiesta list

Quote:
Yes, I am planning to put the fogs soon. Not so sure yet about the silver grill though

I need a help guys. This version does not come with a remote key. What are the choices in the market ?

I am planning to put 3M sun film this weekend. Any pointers towards that would be helpful.
Did'nt know some versions come without the fogs! It looks really out of place. You can refer to the accessories list in the closed "All Fiesta Owners" thread for prices.

You are lucky that this version did not come with remote key..that way, you can install a remote lock with both audio/visual clue. For rest many of us, we are stuck with only visual indicator! Would suggest have a look at the dedicated thread for remote key/locks.

Regarding sunfilms, I was a little skeptical regarding the utility value of front windscreen tints..but slowly am finding out the benefits..it does reduces temp inside to a great extent if parked under the open sun. Realized this after I had parked my vehicle on 3rd floor open parking in Spencers Plaza few days back for some 4 hrs. The steering wheel still felt comfortable to hold and the butt did not get burnt on seating. Carefully go thru the various options in the dedicated sunfilm thread and based on your budget you can take a call. Balaji Agencies in Chennai would be the best choice for 3M products.

Feel free to post any doubts you have though most of them would have already been taken care of in the Fiesta Bible ("All Fiesta Owners..you are here" thread)
Old 12th February 2010, 12:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the new purchase.
Which version you got and what is the onroad price?
Old 12th February 2010, 13:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Wow! congrats man, your fiesta looks great in silver. IMO, it's probably one of the best colours for it

Enjoy and drive safe!
Old 12th February 2010, 13:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Silver Fiesta. Please post some interior pics and also give in details on differences of the "Special Edition".

What was the OTR?

Congrats once again and drive safe.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:10   #13
BHPian

Thanks guys

OTR was 7.42.

Special Edition has the following

1. Audio system which comes with Zxi
2. Seat Cover - fabric
3. Height adjustable driver seat
4. body colored ovrm

sanjayc -> I called up Balaji agencies for a quote on Sun control

I had checked for RE50 for the sides and RE70 for the back. Was quoted Rs. 4700. I am sure to haggle a little more.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Thanks guys

OTR was 7.42.

2. Seat Cover - fabric
4. body colored ovrm

I had checked for RE50 for the sides and RE70 for the back. Was quoted Rs. 4700. I am sure to haggle a little more.

Thanks for the info. So the limited edition doesnt have ABS or AIR BAGS right?

Just confirming this on behalf of a friend who is looking out for Fiesta Limited Edition.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Thanks guys

OTR was 7.42.

2. Seat Cover - fabric
4. body colored ovrm

++

Audio system with 4 speakers or 6 speakers? (ZXi comes with 6 speakers)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks