Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 10:51   #151
Senior - BHPian

Oh ya, Whitefield Honda is telling ANHC should only be put Synthetic Oil, so it means they are just not telling truth. Anyways, i always wanted to put synthetic oil knowing its advantages, even recently my bike became super smooth after changing to synthetic, so i told them to put synthetic oil, SA told me they always put only synthetic for ANHC.

Then i told them, since its Synthetic, oil change should be once in 10,000 km. But he was telling every 6 months its must to change engine oil. So after 6 months i have to change again ? what do you guys do ?

Between i saw a big poster inside the lobby from Honda, "Honda recommends Synthetic Oil".

Last edited by shamanth : 19th May 2010 at 10:57.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:10   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Then i told them, since its Synthetic, oil change should be once in 10,000 km. But he was telling every 6 months its must to change engine oil. So after 6 months i have to change again ? what do you guys do ?
Same was told to me as well. Those people who have synthetic oil in their car already, please let us know what do they do usually. Do they change the oil every 6 months or wait till 10,000 kms ?

Next service is the third service for my car. I guess engine oil will be changed anyway for the 3rd service.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:14   #153
BHPian

It is the third day after my second service. Surprising to see that nobody had called me till now from Whitefield Honda to gather my feedback related to the service.

Again, nobody from Whitefield Honda had called me earlier to intimate that my second service is due on such and such date. It is a courtesy call which they usually make.
Old 23rd May 2010, 21:39   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
It is the third day after my second service. Surprising to see that nobody had called me till now from Whitefield Honda to gather my feedback related to the service.

Again, nobody from Whitefield Honda had called me earlier to intimate that my second service is due on such and such date. It is a courtesy call which they usually make.

currently Honda is under going costcutting measures so may be they dont want to waste a call for a all ready satisfied Honda customer
Old 24th May 2010, 11:49   #155
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, weekend i had a puncture on my city, when i was replacing tyres found out with shock that spare wheel is not Alloy, i called Honda and enquired, they also told we give only 4 alloys.

We have paid highest than any other car in the category and Honda is cutting cost where ever possible. Really felt bad when i10 is giving 5 Alloys why cannot Honda which costs more than double the price.
Old 24th May 2010, 18:10   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, weekend i had a puncture on my city, when i was replacing tyres found out with shock that spare wheel is not Alloy, i called Honda and enquired, they also told we give only 4 alloys.

We have paid highest than any other car in the category and Honda is cutting cost where ever possible. Really felt bad when i10 is giving 5 Alloys why cannot Honda which costs more than double the price.
Your shock now was a shock then to me, when the SA was doing the car demo during delivery. No difference either. Yes that is correct it comes with 4 alloys only.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 24th May 2010 at 18:14.
Old 24th May 2010, 18:51   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Your shock now was a shock then to me, when the SA was doing the car demo during delivery. No difference either. Yes that is correct it comes with 4 alloys only.
I think it is a normal practice by car companies to give only 4 alloys. I have seen this in case of even more expensive cars. In fact in many expensive cars, you will find space saver tire instead of a full sized wheel.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:07   #158
BHPian

Earlier this was not the case.. when I bought NHC Vtec in 2007, the spare wheel also was alloy
Old 25th May 2010, 08:17   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Same was told to me as well. Those people who have synthetic oil in their car already, please let us know what do they do usually. Do they change the oil every 6 months or wait till 10,000 kms ?

Next service is the third service for my car. I guess engine oil will be changed anyway for the 3rd service.
Hi Biju, Dakshin SA told me it would be 10k/1year if opted Synthetic. Let's see what happens when I take it for next servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Earlier this was not the case.. when I bought NHC Vtec in 2007, the spare wheel also was alloy
My friends NHC non Vtec came only with 4 alloys.
Old 25th May 2010, 09:12   #160
BHPian

Last Thursday evening, a lady from Whitefield Honda called me. I told her categorically that I am not satisfied with (1) service advisor giving wrong info on oil change and (2) car wash. These were the only two major things done for the 2nd service apart from filling nitrogen in tyres. She requested me to allow the service advisor to call me. Next day he called up.

This time, I told him outright that I am a member of a T-bhp motoring community and I clearly know now that the car does not come with synthetic oil. He budged and did accept the truth about engine oil. However he still tried to defend his advice for go for synthetic oil quoting the improved smoothness and mileage which I would be enjoying by now. Also he told me not to change the oil for the 3rd service, as it is only 3 months away from now and the car would generally not complete 10,000 kms by then.

I will think again before going to Whitefield Honda. Atleast some SAs' there think that they can fool anybody by giving wrong info. I was made one. Once bitten, twice shy. I really hate it when sales/service guys blatantly lie to me when buying new products or services.

Last edited by B103 : 25th May 2010 at 09:15.
Old 25th May 2010, 09:45   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Last Thursday evening, a lady from Whitefield Honda called me. I told her categorically that I am not satisfied with (1) service advisor giving wrong info on oil change and (2) car wash. These were the only two major things done for the 2nd service apart from filling nitrogen in tyres. She requested me to allow the service advisor to call me. Next day he called up.

This time, I told him outright that I am a member of a T-bhp motoring community and I clearly know now that the car does not come with synthetic oil. He budged and did accept the truth about engine oil. However he still tried to defend his advice for go for synthetic oil quoting the improved smoothness and mileage which I would be enjoying by now. Also he told me not to change the oil for the 3rd service, as it is only 3 months away from now and the car would generally not complete 10,000 kms by then.

I will think again before going to Whitefield Honda. Atleast some SAs' there think that they can fool anybody by giving wrong info. I was made one. Once bitten, twice shy. I really hate it when sales/service guys blatantly lie to me when buying new products or services.
It's not the case only with Whitefiled Honda folks, it's the same with Magnum as well. Giving wrong information to promote sales has become a habbit. The service feedback that we give will remain within the dealer and sure Honda would never know about this. Thankfully everything is controlled by Honda, which is the case with other automobile companies as well, which means that the delaers always don't get to play the trick. I would suggest write a feedback to Honda at Honda Car India::Feedback for Service
Old 25th May 2010, 09:55   #162
Senior - BHPian

Today i called Honda customer care and told them that Whitefield Honda told us we have to change engine oil every 6 months whether synthetic or mineral, but as far as i know synthetic will last for 10k kms.
She told me we don't force anyone to use synthetic oil, its customers choice. And we will forward to technical department and will call you back about when synthetic oil should be changed. Lets see what Honda will tell.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:13   #163
BHPian

When I visited Cochin dealer, the SA briefed me that, earlier they followed the Synthetic oil change interval as 10k/6months, but now Honda advices on 5k/6months interval...

Now my doubt is that the Honda provided oil is fully synthetic? comparing its lower prices to Mobil/Shell ?
Old 25th May 2010, 11:25   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
It's not the case only with Whitefiled Honda folks, it's the same with Magnum as well. Giving wrong information to promote sales has become a habbit. The service feedback that we give will remain within the dealer and sure Honda would never know about this. Thankfully everything is controlled by Honda, which is the case with other automobile companies as well, which means that the delaers always don't get to play the trick. I would suggest write a feedback to Honda at Honda Car India::Feedback for Service
Quote:
Today i called Honda customer care and told them that Whitefield Honda told us we have to change engine oil every 6 months whether synthetic or mineral, but as far as i know synthetic will last for 10k kms.
She told me we don't force anyone to use synthetic oil, its customers choice. And we will forward to technical department and will call you back about when synthetic oil should be changed. Lets see what Honda will tell.
Thanks Jayanth. I posted my feedback to Honda in the URL which you gave here. I am not sure if it works as I got a bounced mail immediately:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached honda@logix.in on 5/25/2010 11:19 AM. There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <hondaweb2007.hondacarindia.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 #5.1.0 Address rejected honda@logix.in.

Probably, we have to call and speak to them like Shamanth had.

Last edited by B103 : 25th May 2010 at 11:27.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:22   #165
BHPian

I got an SMS from Honda that my communication had been received.It has a reference no as well.

So, the feedback had reached I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks