Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 13:01   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
I got an SMS from Honda that my communication had been received.It has a reference no as well.

So, the feedback had reached I guess.
Okay, good to hear it has reached. Yes the other way to reach is call Honda one-2-one at 1800 113 121 / 011 - 39898918. I have called them few times and they would recieve the complaint and have the Dealer (Service Manager) call you. There will be a follow up call from Honda One-2-One checking if the query has been attendted to your satisfaction.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:14   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Also he told me not to change the oil for the 3rd service, as it is only 3 months away from now and the car would generally not complete 10,000 kms by then.

I will think again before going to Whitefield Honda. .
Biju, you have another unsatisfied customer of whitefield Honda in me. Two services I had with them.I don't think I will go to them again. Third service, I am planning to do in my home town (Kottayam) as I have a drive planned some time around.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:28   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I think it is a normal practice by car companies to give only 4 alloys. I have seen this in case of even more expensive cars. In fact in many expensive cars, you will find space saver tire instead of a full sized wheel.

Is it true that the alloy that comes in Jazz is same as that of the one that comes in Honda City. Because i got a call from the Honda dealer that they are giving an offer with Jazz so that you could get that five spoke alloy at an offer price of Rs.1800 per wheel. Did anyone else hear about this? I have ordered this for my City.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:22   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Biju, you have another unsatisfied customer of whitefield Honda in me. Two services I had with them.I don't think I will go to them again. Third service, I am planning to do in my home town (Kottayam) as I have a drive planned some time around.
Joe, There aren't many options in Bangalore. It is Whitefield, Magnum or Dakshin finally. From what I can see here, all are of same breed.

In Whitefield Honda, there is a SA know as Manjunath. I did my first service through him. Another colleague at work too did the service via Manju. We both were happy on these occassions.

In a related thread, when I went to collect my car back in the afternoon, I met this guy in the front office. I double checked about the engine oil type with him. He replied earnestly indicating that it is mineral oil. Later, I heard my current SA rebuking this guy (hushed tone in local language) for that answer.

Once you are at the service desk of Whitefield, try asking specifically for this guy as the SA. I guess that will work. I am thinking of doing that next time.

I am keen to know your service experience at Kottayam. I hope it will be good. Looking to hear from you on that.

Last edited by B103 : 25th May 2010 at 16:26.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:32   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Joe, Are you planning to drive via Erode -> Coimbatore route ? If you continue to drive straight at Erode (than turning right to Coimbatore) there are two roads to enter Kerala. One is via Munnar and another via Kumali. Looks like these are scenic routes and traffic is very less. Munnar --> Kottayam is around 170 kms. Ghat sections will slow you down. Also, I doubt if roads in TN are 4 laned all the way.

There are a couple of T-bhp threads already available on this topic. Hope they may be of help.

Last edited by B103 : 25th May 2010 at 16:44.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:30   #171
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Whitefield honda. James talked to me and told me these. We have clear instruction from Honda to change engine oil every 6 months whether mineral or Synthetic. And does not know what exactly is that engine oil and whether is synthetic or semi-synthetic he don't have that information from Honda. Will ask them and try to find and again call back. I feel Honda is giving us Semi-synthetic and charging us the amount of fully synthetic? Talking to him made me more confusing. I will let Honda to call me back and ask whether your questions are answered, that time will tell strongly i need correct information what oil and what grade is being used.

He told And you can bring any engine oil of your choice during servicing we will use it without any question just that oil rating is 0w40. But replacing at every 6 months or 5000 kms is must.

Last edited by shamanth : 25th May 2010 at 17:44.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:45   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Got a call from Whitefield honda. James talked to me and told me these. We have clear instruction from Honda to change engine oil every 6 months whether mineral or Synthetic. And does not know what exactly is that engine oil and whether is synthetic or semi-synthetic he don't have that information from Honda. Will ask them and try to find and again call back. I feel Honda is giving us Semi-synthetic and charging us the amount of fully synthetic? Talking to him made me more confusing. I will let Honda to call me back and ask whether your questions are answered, that time will tell strongly i need correct information what oil and what grade is being used.

And you can bring any engine oil of your choice during servicing we will use it without any question just that oil rating is 0w40. But replacing at every 6 months or 5000 kms is must.
Guys this is getting more confusing now, SA in Dakshin confirmed me as 10k/1year and hence I shifted to Synthetic this time, may be he took me for a ride

I don't really see any need for synthetic if it's for 5k/6months interval.
Old 25th May 2010, 18:06   #173
BHPian

I am sure normal motorists will be taken for a ride by these Service advisors. People like us are atleast questioning because we have more info via the T-Bhp network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Guys this is getting more confusing now, SA in Dakshin confirmed me as 10k/1year and hence I shifted to Synthetic this time, may be he took me for a ride

I don't really see any need for synthetic if it's for 5k/6months interval.
The procedure as prescribed by GTO for a change in engine oil type is a detailed one. That URL is in one of the posts by Raghu in this thread itself. I am not sure if service guys will perform all those procedures.

Quote:
I feel Honda is giving us Semi-synthetic and charging us the amount of fully synthetic? Talking to him made me more confusing.

He told And you can bring any engine oil of your choice during servicing we will use it without any question just that oil rating is 0w40. But replacing at every 6 months or 5000 kms is must.
From other posts, it seems that the synthetic engine oil which Honda gives us costs less than similar one from Mobil. So, it is pretty safe to assume that what they give us is semi-synthetic.

I am yet to see anything from Honda (accesory, oil etc) that can be called cost-effective. If not sem-synthetic, the invoice for oil would have been much higher. Nothing comes cheap esp from Honda.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2010 at 11:12. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 25th May 2010, 22:48   #174
BHPian

Thuding Noise

Hi

I have ANHC which has done abt 12k over the last 10 months. I have installed 15*6.5 alloy wheels and installed 195/60/ R15 tires. When the car goes over uneven roads, I can hear a thud thud noise front the front left. On smooth roads there is absolutely no noise.

Can anyone tell what i should get check first?
Old 25th May 2010, 23:03   #175
BHPian

Whats the tyre make/model. Didn't observe with stock tyres?
Old 25th May 2010, 23:45   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, weekend i had a puncture on my city, when i was replacing tyres found out with shock that spare wheel is not Alloy, i called Honda and enquired, they also told we give only 4 alloys.

We have paid highest than any other car in the category and Honda is cutting cost where ever possible. Really felt bad when i10 is giving 5 Alloys why cannot Honda which costs more than double the price.
I having owned 4 hondas now over the past 10 years can vouch for the fact that they charge huge premiums for their products and till the recent past customers used to pay more for the HONDA badge'
I would like to tell you a surprising fact that my 2006 Honda Civic has an alloy wheel for the spare tyre but my 2008 Honda Accord does not have one.!!!!
I guess with constant decline in sales and no hope of an increase until they get their diesel engines Honda will have to do cost cutting like this as they cant use bad plastics .etc. as it will affect the Honda image.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:43   #177
BHPian

Service Manager, Mr. James from Whitefield Honda called me now and spoke to me for the last 2 hours.

Earlier, the lady to whom I gave the service feedback made the same SA call me. That was the end to it. I don't think they took my complaint seriously and nothing happened after that. Heeding Jayanth's opinion, I posted my service feedback in Honda website and then there was some impact. Thanks Jayanth.

Mr. James profusely apologized and volunteered to refund the difference amount (diff between synthetic and mineral oil) which I had spent, because I was not given the right information. Replied that I am looking for genuine and reliable services and not money. He promised to attend my car personally at least for the next service.It seems Mr james itself is a Tbhp-ian and an expert in car engines, who clarifies doubts in Team bhp, whenever he has time.

Now, below is some of the info on synthetic oil. This would be useful for other TBhp-ians, who are confused about making a decision on engine oil type:

1) Honda delivers a new car with mineral oil only. Period.
2) Synthetic oil is used in aircraft engines which operate long time under high engine tempratures
3) If synthetic oil is used, the residues which get accumulated in the engine over a long period of time (say 2 lac kms) will be much less when compared to mineral oil
4) There zero difference in mileage just because synthetic oil is used
5) Irrespective of the type of oil, as per Honda's mandate, the engine oil had to be replaced every 5000 kms.

Last edited by B103 : 26th May 2010 at 12:45.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:43   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewheel View Post
Is it true that the alloy that comes in Jazz is same as that of the one that comes in Honda City. Because i got a call from the Honda dealer that they are giving an offer with Jazz so that you could get that five spoke alloy at an offer price of Rs.1800 per wheel. Did anyone else hear about this? I have ordered this for my City.
Size of the tires are same (not sure about PCD, no. of holes etc)
Are you getting this deal without buying Jazz?
Old 26th May 2010, 15:31   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Size of the tires are same (not sure about PCD, no. of holes etc)
Are you getting this deal without buying Jazz?

Yes. I have ordered the alloys (5 pieces) alone. Will be getting them in a week or so.

Last edited by infinitewheel : 26th May 2010 at 15:33.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:03   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Now, below is some of the info on synthetic oil. This would be useful for other TBhp-ians, who are confused about making a decision on engine oil type:

1) Honda delivers a new car with mineral oil only. Period.
2) Synthetic oil is used in aircraft engines which operate long time under high engine tempratures
3) If synthetic oil is used, the residues which get accumulated in the engine over a long period of time (say 2 lac kms) will be much less when compared to mineral oil
4) There zero difference in mileage just because synthetic oil is used
5) Irrespective of the type of oil, as per Honda's mandate, the engine oil had to be replaced every 5000 kms.
Thanks Biju. That clears a lot of air around the confusion between synth & mineral oil as far as ANHC is concerned. (I am sure Honda will have a different reasoning for other cars from their stable until some one like you confronts them )

So are you planning to switch back to mineral oil next time? If am not wrong, that would require an engine flush (to remove traces of synthetic oil and then filling up with mineral oil right ?)
Can any experts comment on this aspect of switching back to mineral from synth version ?

Most Viewed