Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 21:20   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I have daughter's birthday on Sunday. I would have loved to join.
Even I have to come back by 10.
Old 6th March 2010, 16:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Hope the meet is on !!

we have two options:

1. reach Nandi Hills directly and meet at the ticket counter at 7 AM

2. meet some where on Bellary road (either at Kogilu Cross or near Yelahanka or prior to the BIAL diversion from bellary road at 6:30 AM.

Actually my wife and daughter are planning to join on this early morning drive.

thanks,
Old 6th March 2010, 18:52   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Guys,

Hope the meet is on !!

we have two options:

1. reach Nandi Hills directly and meet at the ticket counter at 7 AM

2. meet some where on Bellary road (either at Kogilu Cross or near Yelahanka or prior to the BIAL diversion from bellary road at 6:30 AM.

Actually my wife and daughter are planning to join on this early morning drive.

thanks,
SV -> Please see the PM which I sent you
Old 6th March 2010, 19:42   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
SV -> Please see the PM which I sent you
I have replied to your PM
See you at Nandi Hills ticket counter tomorrow morning.
Old 6th March 2010, 21:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

How about a "Bangalore Honda meet" sometime next weekend? May be we can go to Nandi Hills or some other interesting place within 150 kms for a day's trip.
Old 7th March 2010, 09:55   #81
BHPian

congrats on the ANHC.drive safe.very good buy indeed in the petrol segment
Old 7th March 2010, 16:06   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
congrats on the ANHC.drive safe.very good buy indeed in the petrol segment
Thank you vigneshram. Indeed it is a pleasure to drive the ANHC.
Old 7th March 2010, 16:25   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
How about a "Bangalore Honda meet" sometime next weekend? May be we can go to Nandi Hills or some other interesting place within 150 kms for a day's trip.
Yes vasoo, we can have that. However co-ordinating for such an event would not be any easy task considering that post is the only way to co-ordinate.

Me, Raghu and Starvegabond had a nice get together @ Nandhi hills today morning. Early morning drive to Nandhi hills was hassle free and fun. Meeting a never met senior BHP-ian and an ANHC owner was even more exciting.

Starvegabond was like a tour guide for us at Nandhi hills as he took us around and explained all the historical facets of the hills. I have been there before but had not been to all those nook and corners which he had showed us today. Thank you very much SV.

I am for more meets like this. It is a good way to meet other like minded people with similar background and building contacts.

Last edited by B103 : 7th March 2010 at 16:28.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:06   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me, Raghu and Starvegabond had a nice get together @ Nandhi hills today morning. Early morning drive to Nandhi hills was hassle free and fun.
It was my pleasure meeting both of you.

For me this early morning drive was fantastic with MS Subbulakhmi reciting the Suprabhat followed by Marathi Abhags being sung in morning raga "Bhoopali" by legendary singers like Suman Kalyanpur, Bhimsen Joshi, Ajit Kadkade, Suresh Wadkar set the divine feeling with the back drop of sun rise.

I will let some pictures speak for themselves, If you place your mouse pointer on the pictures, you can see the names = to the caption for the picture. These pictures have been taken by using my mobile phone. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-01-sun-rise-nh7.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-02-natures-bookay.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-03-better-roads.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-04-fantastic-roads.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-05-wonderful-roads.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-06-nandi-hills-horizon.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-07-nearing-nandi-hills.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-08-mahatma-drinking-alcohol.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-09-retrospective-sun.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-10-sun-kissing-nandi.jpg  

Last edited by StarVegabond : 7th March 2010 at 20:09.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:38   #85
BHPian

Wow lovely pics SV. I guess you clicked them enroute uphill.

I don't know if people at the top of the hills were wondering if it is a Honda City day atop. I saw at least one guy was pointing this to his friend.

Continuing the travelogue, on the way back, we stopped at a small but nice hotel to have breakfast. Iddlis, pooris and coffees were the order of the day. SV was familiar with the area more than us and lead the way. I was the slowest and stuck to the max of 80 because first service was not yet over for the car. It had been a long time since I had eaten breakfast outside. Needless to say enjoyed a good interactive breakfast with fellow t-bhp-ians. Finally started back home from the eatery at 10:30 and reached home at 11:20.

We saw policemen with radars atleast 2 places on new airport road and again on ORR. On new airport road the upper limit is 80km and on ORR it is 60. Guys beware. Hawks can track all your offenses with their new blackberry devices with ease. I see that police department is generating lot of revenue with those speed guns.

Last edited by B103 : 7th March 2010 at 20:51.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:22   #86
BHPian

Thanks SV, B103, it was a great event to start the day.

Lovely pics SV.

Morning drive was pleasant, I have never been to Nandi Hill in the morning time, but can bet it's the right time to be there, would be off with Wife sometime this week.

I paid thrice for overspeeding on Airport road and was very keen not to pay this time and hence managed.
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc02878_1.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc02883_1.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc02887_1.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-dsc02888_1.jpg  

Old 8th March 2010, 12:59   #87
BHPian

On-board fuel indicator

Honda sipulates that the first service be done at 1000 km or one month whichever is earlier.

I am feeling that it is better to run the full 1000 kms before giving it for the first service. Also a highway drive of medium distance is surely beneficial.

There is a reason for this thought. In the initial days of running the car, the onboard fuel consumption indicator use to display around 9 for smaller roads and around 10 for wider roads like outer ring road in Bangalore. This improved slowly to 12 as the car put in more kms but it more or less remained the same.

Went for the first long drive of around 150 kms yesterday when the indicator displayed till 15.5 kmpl. Went via Chandapura road to work today which is a longer but good road where you could drive at 80 consistently. To my suprise the fuel indicator displayed upto 19.9 kmpl today.

I am a sober driver which could have helped but mine is an automatic car. As per users in T-BHP, the fuel consumption indicator has an error of 1-2 kmpl. I am tad surprised and thinking of cross-checking using some other method as well to know if the indicator is true or not.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:13   #88
BHPian

Quote:
In the initial days of running the car, the onboard fuel consumption indicator use to display around 9 for smaller roads and around 10 for wider roads like outer ring road in Bangalore. This improved slowly to 12 as the car put in more kms but it more or less remained the same.

Went for the first long drive of around 150 kms yesterday when the indicator displayed till 15.5 kmpl. Went via Chandapura road to work today which is a longer but good road where you could drive at 80 consistently. To my suprise the fuel indicator displayed upto 19.9 kmpl today.
In my case it just opposite, for the first calculation the on-board fuel consumption indicator displayed 12.5 while actual was 10.5

For 2nd it showed 11.3 and actual was 10.2

Now its showing 10.8, actual awaited...

I am thinking its doing kind of calibration

I am making sure to fill the tank at the exact level every time i.e. when Yellow Light of Low Fuel starts glowing.

PS.: Mine is also VAT.

Last edited by TheBeastFieast : 8th March 2010 at 14:17.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:26   #89
BHPian

Hi Biju,

I guess it all depends on the driving style, apart from that I don't see anything related the service schedule (first service).

First service doesn't add anything to the car, It's just addressing your complaints and bits of tweak nothing added to the engine.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:07   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
In my case it just opposite, for the first calculation the on-board fuel consumption indicator displayed 12.5 while actual was 10.5

For 2nd it showed 11.3 and actual was 10.2. Now its showing 10.8, actual awaited...

PS.: Mine is also VAT.
Sorry to hear that Beast. I guess there is a significant impact on FE based on your driving style. on the other side, I am not sure how much reliable and accurate are those on-board fuel efficency indicators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi Biju,

I guess it all depends on the driving style, apart from that I don't see anything related the service schedule (first service).

First service doesn't add anything to the car, It's just addressing your complaints and bits of tweak nothing added to the engine.
Raghu, There is a difference for sure. One reason could be that the engine parts are moving more freely now because the associated friction between parts are low. This may have happened because of a good strech of high way drive. I cannot reason anything else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks