Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 14:24   #91
BHPian

I tried driving through the same road in almost similar conditions today and the max I managed was 15.2 kmpl. Contrast this with 19+ kmpl yesterday
Old 19th March 2010, 21:35   #92
BHPian

First service

Did the first service on 15/March/10 (Monday). I was reminded by Deb about the impending date almost a week before itself. Drove the car down myself to the station. My car had done 796 kms only at the time of first service.

Reached Whitefield Honda opp KR Puram railway station at 10 am. Sales person arrived immediately and did an overall check of the car to mark any scratches. I had only two points for the service guy to attend -- Paint touch up of the under bumper scratch and straightening of headlight's low beam. Left at car at 10 am and the delivery was promised at 3 pm.

Walked out of the station and after reaching half the way back, I realized that I have left an electronic gadget on the sun visor. I had removed all valuables and sales person cross checked it, but still we both missed this one item. Called him up on my way home. He rushed to the car wash area and secured my equipment. It was returned along with the car later in the evening

Returned at 4:30 pm and waited in the service lounge for almost 20-30 minutes. The whole workshop is visible from the lounge which was interesting.

Service person arrived and took me to the car. This time it was my turn to find out if there are any scratches. I learned that low beam was adjusted but they did not have the paint available to do the touch up.

He was apologetic and informed that he had already ordered the paint and it will be available in 3 days time. I was a bit upset because I have to drive down 15kms one way for just a small touch up.

Incidentally, met Joe Cherian (another TBHP-ian) there for the first time. I knew the color of his car earlier. When coming out of the service area, I saw the TBHP sticker on a car. Accosted the owner to learn that he infact is the iconic Joe Cherian who dishes advices out to new ANHC members. I remember his second service was due and he came to pick up the car after that.

My car was washed and cleaned well. It appeared that the dash was polished too. I got a free tissue paper pack from Honda as a compliment. The charge this time was Rs 0. Gate pass was handed over to security by the service person itself. Drove out smoothly around 5:15 pm.

I saw from hrmanju1's post that he was not very impressed with the service facility at Whitefiled Honda. I didn't have much expectations in the first place and hence had a satisfactory overall experience. Had a feedback form to fill at the end and gave good ratings across the questions.

I was called today again by a Whitefield Honda employee and she checked if I indeed had a satisfying experience. Looks like the paint had arrived and I can get the touch up anytime this weekend.

Last edited by B103 : 19th March 2010 at 21:43.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:08   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Incidentally, met Joe Cherian (another TBHP-ian) there for the first time.
Hey Biju,that was a surprise meet and infact, we should post each other spotting our TBHP stickered car in the TBHP sticker spotting thread too.
Sorry that couldn't talk much as i was after the guy to wipe my car. The washing was of poor quality and there were some marks on the rear windshield.

Couple of things after the second service
(1) first thing, the wash quality. I was not at all satisfied (especially when I saw the grease marks on the rear windshield) The SA had to call the boy again to wipe the car
(2) the weights used for wheel balancing were aligned in an angle with reference to the wheel rims on front left Tyre. All other wheel rims had it aligned straight.The SA was like "it is normal sir" and I wanted to know why only this wheel rim had this.
Finally, he removed the weights and stuck them back with glue. I was really surprised when he told that the weights are stuck with glue. Is it so ?
Old 20th March 2010, 18:31   #94
BHPian

Quote:
(1) first thing, the wash quality. I was not at all satisfied (especially when I saw the grease marks on the rear windshield) The SA had to call the boy again to wipe the car
(2) the weights used for wheel balancing were aligned in an angle with reference to the wheel rims on front left Tyre. All other wheel rims had it aligned straight.The SA was like "it is normal sir" and I wanted to know why only this wheel rim had this.
Finally, he removed the weights and stuck them back with glue. I was really surprised when he told that the weights are stuck with glue. Is it so ?
Joe, On (1), SA who attends the car matters because the workers on the shop floor are mostly insensitive guys and has to be monitored closely by a supervisor.

On (2), I am not aware of the whole process. Did you get a chance to see the balancing work ? How should it be done ideally ? Please give some gyan if you know.

Last edited by B103 : 20th March 2010 at 18:39.
Old 20th March 2010, 18:37   #95
BHPian

Went to Whitefield Honda again today to get the paint touchup. Manjunath came out as soon as I came and finished the job in a jiffy. No charges for small paint touchups
Old 20th March 2010, 18:45   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Hey Biju,that was a surprise meet and infact, we should post each other spotting our TBHP stickered car in the TBHP sticker spotting thread too.
Sorry that couldn't talk much as i was after the guy to wipe my car. The washing was of poor quality and there were some marks on the rear windshield.
No issues Joe. Even I was in haste as the SA had parked the car near exit and waiting for me.
Old 20th March 2010, 21:44   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Went to Whitefield Honda again today to get the paint touchup. Manjunath came out as soon as I came and finished the job in a jiffy. No charges for small paint touchups
Hi my car's 15,000km service was done in Peninsular Honda Trivandrum.Since the SA advisers I knew had changed I was a bit apprehensive.I contacted the Manager and he assigned a new SA who was in Peninsular Honda Cochin previously for me.

I rate the service experience 9/10.Will upload the servce costs as soon as I get time.
They touched up the rear bumper scratch I had for free!.
Old 21st March 2010, 09:47   #98
BHPian

Hope I am not beating the dead topic of light upgrade again.
I talked to Mr Ramdas one more time on upgrading the lights via Hella relay kit. He maintained that it's wattage do not fall within the specification and hence the heat may melt and bend the platic enclosure.

Below is the bill received after the first service:
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-img_0001.jpg  

Last edited by B103 : 21st March 2010 at 09:54.
Old 21st March 2010, 11:32   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Yea the wash quality has become worse now.. my car was much shining when I gave it for service at Whitefield Honda yestrday. Depending on the service bay availability at the garage, the car may go for washing service and then oil change and finally does touch up cleaning... (my car service went this way)

Yes normally the weights that is put on the alloy wheels are self adhesive types .
Old 21st March 2010, 14:51   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Joe, On (1), SA who attends the car matters because the workers on the shop floor are mostly insensitive guys and has to be monitored closely by a supervisor.
The shop floor workers are not the insensitive guys, it is unfair to say that because they often put in the hardwork in resolving the probelms.
i would state below example to outline this:

Take example of two mothers, first a economically middle/higher class housewife, a new mother she is closely monitoring the child everyminute, does not want any anything to harm the child, she wipes the childs face, hands, legs very often to keep the child clean.

Second example is that of a mother who is also a construction worker.
she is often carrying the stones, cement, sand etc at the ocnstruction site. While she is at work she leaves her new born / infant kid some where near by often in the middle of the dust or amid similar kids. She does not rush everyminute to wipe the child clean, but she takes regular breaks to feed the child, play with the child and then return to the work.

Both mothers continue to passionately love their respective kids, only difference is the enviornment and the priorities. We as new car owners love our car, we are like the first mother, runs everytime the kid gets his/her hand dirty. Where as the shop floor workers are like the second mother, they also love their cars, but their priorites are different.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 21st March 2010 at 14:53.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:08   #101
BHPian

If anybody is looking for Philips Extreme Power bulb, I have got an unopened pair with me, which I have bought last week from the Philips authorized distributor. I can pass it on with the original bill.
Old 21st March 2010, 18:51   #102
BHPian

Quote:

On (2), I am not aware of the whole process. Did you get a chance to see the balancing work ? How should it be done ideally ? Please give some gyan if you know.
My car was taken by one Mr suresh reddy. Infact he was the same guy who took he car for my first service.Both times, I complained about the issue with the horn and his response was it has been tuned. Still, I get the dual tone issue when i keep pressing the horn for some time. Next time, I think I will tell not to assign my car to this SA.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:10   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
The shop floor workers are not the insensitive guys, it is unfair to say that because they often put in the hardwork in resolving the probelms.

Both mothers continue to passionately love their respective kids, only difference is the enviornment and the priorities. We as new car owners love our car, we are like the first mother, runs everytime the kid gets his/her hand dirty. Where as the shop floor workers are like the second mother, they also love their cars, but their priorites are different.
SV, thanks for taking the time off for typing in such a long story. Well, that is what I meant as well, albeit indirectly.

It is not possible to really compare this with the mother-children case because the multiplicity of the relation is different in both the cases. A mother will have a fixed number of children to attend. On the other side, a service personal may attend a new car each time, for months together.

Many owners most probably owns a single car and loves it very much because it is his hard earned money. I understand me, Joe and Raghu are like that. Floor guys attends many cars a day and over a period of time there is a high chance that the job becomes mundane. For him, it is a job which pays. He may or may not be professional, depending on his attitude. But there is no factor for him to love your car, anywhere near as much as you do.

It is obvious that there is a clear mismatch between what was expected and what was delivered and that is what is called 'insensitivity' to the needs/expectations of the owner. Period.

Last edited by B103 : 21st March 2010 at 21:20.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:29   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SV, thanks for taking the time off for typing in such a long story. Well, that is what I meant as well, albeit indirectly.

It is not possible to really compare this with the mother-children case because the multiplicity of the relation is different in both the cases. A mother will have a fixed number of children to attend. On the other side, a service personal may attend a new car each time, for months together.

Many owners most probably owns a single car and loves it very much because it is his hard earned money. I understand me, Joe and Raghu are like that. Floor guys attends many cars a day and over a period of time there is a high chance that the job becomes mundane. For him, it is a job which pays. He may or may not be professional, depending on his attitude. But there is no factor for him to love your car, anywhere near as much as you do.

It is obvious that there is a clear mismatch between what was expected and what was delivered and that is what is called 'insensitivity' to the needs/expectations of the owner. Period.
IMO this 'insensitivity' thing can be overcome a bit if the owner (I know this may neither be possible for all nor allowed in every A.S.S centre) is present with the car when it is being worked upon. I take a day off while my car goes for service, and leave the pleasure of a AC waiting room for the shop floor. Believe me, the guys working there realize that I do care that extra much for my car, and they also go that little bit more to satisfy you. Eg: They cleaned up my alloys from brake dust/petrol spillover that stuck like super glue with the dupont paint thinner they use. They did not have any reason to do so, as cleaning messed up alloys is totally owners responsibility. Talk to them, have some tea with them, stay with the car - and they are bound to understand that you care that extra bit for your car which is not present in other owners.
Old 21st March 2010, 22:47   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

you absolutely right, but this in-sensitivity may be or may not be from the shop floor workers. It is the Service Advisor who is at fault if there is a mis-match between what is expected by the owner Vs what was delivered.

It means one thing that either SA has not been able to understand the expectations or not able to communicate the same to his shop floor workers. Eventually it is the job the the SA to ensure that before the vehicle is shown/handed over to the owner, he needs to demo that everything is right or as per expectations.

All this asuming that the system at the service center is working. System means competent workforce + effective porcess + quality control.

Japanese system is desigend to remove any human dependency.
but off late i am witnessing Japanese systems are also prone to failure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks