Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 13:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
It resembles a manual box as you need to upshift only when you want like to get more pickup to overtake another vehicle. All that with little strain of a gentle tap of the paddler.
Normally, it is the other way - you downshift to get more pick up or overtake quickly.
Old 15th February 2010, 13:59   #17
BHPian

Hey B103,

Congrats on your new ANHC. You are welcome to the ANHC family out here. There are load of guys around here. Also there is an interesting Bangalore group here like Star, Skywalker, joe , Guna, Jayanth, Shamanth & so on.

Is the first picture is of your car's. I observe that the shade is uniform throughout, but the shade on the rear door looks little dark ( is it the light playing the trick). Just try & have a check.

Bye

Last edited by nandans2005 : 15th February 2010 at 14:01.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Normally, it is the other way - you downshift to get more pick up or overtake quickly.
Yes Guna, you are right. I typed in wrong accidently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Hey B103,

Is the first picture is of your car's. I observe that the shade is uniform throughout, but the shade on the rear door looks little dark ( is it the light playing the trick). Just try & have a check.

Bye
It is a trick played by the light in that angle. No issues with the color of the car. Anyways, thanks for the alert.

Last edited by Dippy : 15th February 2010 at 16:20. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:06   #19
BHPian

Hi Biju,

Welcome to Team-BHP and as well to ANHC club.

I still remember you asking the details about my ANHC in our office Basement parking (if Iam not mistaken). So you made it...

Have fun in riding the new babe, Drive safe.

Congratulations.

Cheers
Raghu

Last edited by raghu230506 : 16th February 2010 at 09:08.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi B103

Congratulations on your ANHC AT

i see that lot of new buyers of ANHC are buying AT version, especially in Bangalore. It tells one thing: people are fed up with driving in the heavy traffic.

ANHC AT is probably the best AT vehicle available in India

keep your ownership thread updated, it helps in the long term.

Drive Safe, Have fun
Old 16th February 2010, 11:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Hey B103,

Congrats on your new ANHC. You are welcome to the ANHC family out here. There are load of guys around here. Also there is an interesting Bangalore group here like Star, Skywalker, joe , Guna, Jayanth, Shamanth & so on.

Bye
Thank you once again Nandans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi Biju,

Welcome to Team-BHP and as well to ANHC club.

I still remember you asking the details about my ANHC in our office Basement parking (if Iam not mistaken). So you made it...

Have fun in riding the new babe, Drive safe.

Congratulations.

Cheers
Raghu
Thank you for the wishes Raghu. As an aside, I am not the person who asked about parking ANHC in the office basement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi B103

Congratulations on your ANHC AT

i see that lot of new buyers of ANHC are buying AT version, especially in Bangalore. It tells one thing: people are fed up with driving in the heavy traffic.

ANHC AT is probably the best AT vehicle available in India

keep your ownership thread updated, it helps in the long term.

Drive Safe, Have fun
Thanks SV. Yes , ANHC AT is the best AT available in India in the the 8-12L range. There are many ATs available in the market in a price range above this. AT is definitely very useful for the city drive.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:38   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your buy. I must say that City AT is in a league on it's own and there is no match as of today in that segment. Welcome to the proud ANHC club
Old 25th February 2010, 12:25   #23
BHPian

Hi B103

Many congratulations on your new car and welcome to the ANHC club. Do keep the thread updated.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:51   #24
BHPian

Hi B103,
Than you for the great write up.Congrats on your new car.Hope you are enjoying the paddle shifts.There is no better choice in the given price range.Third gear of ANHC can be used as a substitute for automatic in moderate traffic.But in heavy traffic AT is a boon.

Enjoy your car.Please keep updating
Old 28th February 2010, 15:04   #25
BHPian

question

Other City AT owners may share their experience -- if I accelerate the car to say 60 kmph on a level road and took my foot off accelerator, the car is kind of cruizing by itself around the same speed for a longer time than what I expected. I have driven cars in cruise control mode and felt quite similar. Also in 'D mode', after stopping the vehicle the vehicle is very eager to move as soon as I release the brake.

Is the setting done like that purposefully by Honda before first service ? Or is it that in 5th gear the auto gearbox is sof freewheeling that it takes a longer time to slow down if not braked ?
Old 28th February 2010, 22:45   #26
BHPian

Some more pics

Clicked some more snaps when I took the car out for it's first water service.
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010054.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010049.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010068.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010066.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010057.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010059.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010061.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010062.jpg  

Old 28th February 2010, 23:01   #27
BHPian

Scratched the underside of front bumper

I have a problem with vehicle's low beam currently being pointed too steep down. It's range is not sufficent for me to see the minimum stopping distance.

I almost missed a hump or sensed it very late just to run over it a little too quickly. I have seen people complaining about the scratching the under-chasis. I got it at the wrong place -- under the front bumper. I am posting some pics of the scratches here. Did anybody have the same experience before me ?

One question to gurus: I tried everything as per the manual to adjust the level of my headlight -- i.e, to turn the ignition key to 'ON' position and then adjust the dial on the right bottom side of the steerring. I tried in high beam as well as low beam position. Looks like it is not working. Is there anything which I am missing ??

If it is indeed not working, can I demand that Honda repair the minor scratch because it was indirectly caused by a malfunctioning control ? Don't know if I sound too demanding !!
Attached Thumbnails
Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010053.jpg  

Dream comes true -- Silver Honda City AT, now 10 years up!-28022010052.jpg  

Old 1st March 2010, 00:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I almost missed a hump or sensed it very late just to run over it a little too quickly. I have seen people complaining about the scratching the under-chasis. I got it at the wrong place -- under the front bumper. I am posting some pics of the scratches here. Did anybody have the same experience before me ?
+1, I did that to my ANHC. Mine was not due to the low beam of light but my own mistake/ negligence. I was taking the car out from a basement parking lot and had not noticed a harshly slant platform followed by a hump and approached it faster than I normally would.

Quote:
I tried everything as per the manual to adjust the level of my headlight -- i.e, to turn the ignition key to 'ON' position and then adjust the dial on the right bottom side of the steerring. I tried in high beam as well as low beam position. Looks like it is not working. Is there anything which I am missing ??
I have never done this as you mention, I mean with the key in 'ON' position but I did this quite a lot of times when I was on the road with the car in the 'START'ed position. If I see that there is more weight in the back of my ANHC and the angle of the beam is not as per what I am used to, I adjust the slider and I can see the beam moving across physically.

Can you try it once after starting your car? I am not sure if this is supposed to work just with the battery.

Quote:
If it is indeed not working, can I demand that Honda repair the minor scratch because it was indirectly caused by a malfunctioning control ? Don't know if I sound too demanding
IMHO, you can request, at times, Honda dealers have carried-out minor touch-up jobs complimentarily.
Old 1st March 2010, 01:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Ouch, that hurts. I don't blame the car alone in this. Combination of

BANGalore unscientific Hump Hills + Low GC of the car + maybe the light.

I am concentrating on the roads a tad too much for these humps. Well, need to crack the Humps problem. Seniors - new ideas. (Slow + Turning the wheel in an angle are covered already)

Hope i am not beating this GC topic to death.
Old 1st March 2010, 07:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

@Kalyan & Manju: I never had any major problems with GC in last 1 year. Agreed, if i am a little careless and there are 5 people on board it does get bottomed out,but those and few and rare (only 2-3 times last year).

Manju mentioned two things i use. Go very slow and use and angle so that both wheels arent off the bump at the same time (then the suspension dips and that when it hits).

In you case Kalyan, it still wont save you from any unseen bumps. But the same problem is there in most cars except probably SUVs.

Most Viewed