Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 21:44   #46
BHPian

Lights - Havent tried Highways in the night. For City driving, i am fine with the lighting provided.

@Pratim - whew i am not alone then. With regards to scraping.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:59   #47
BHPian

Looks like both the bulbs are good. Going by specs, Osram looks a bit better. However Philips might be durable.

Philips X-treme is 80% brighter and the Osram is 90% brighter than regular bulbs.

Osram nightbreaker: OSRAM NightBreaker - Osram Bulbs from Power Bulbs

Philips X-treme power: Philips X-Treme (Extreme) Power - Philips Bulbs from Power Bulbs

Comparison: Interesting Read: Osram Nightbreaker vs Phillips Xtreme Power and Light Output - Honda-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
We were four adults and two kids and I was trying to cross those at speeds ~ 5 KMPH, literally forcing the car to crawl over the breakers and haplessly hearing screeching noise due to the car underbody scraping against the breakers. There were no room to cross the breakers diagonally due to moderate to heavy traffic condition. So, I had no options :(
Sorry to hear that Pratim. Well this is something we have chosen and now has to live with. We could try our best to negotiate those humps without scratches but if it is to be so be it. I am resigning to the fact that there is no point worrying about those things which are not in our control.

Enjoy driving.

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd March 2010 at 16:10. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 1st March 2010, 23:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Lights - Havent tried Highways in the night. For City driving, i am fine with the lighting provided.

@Pratim - whew i am not alone then. With regards to scraping.
Yes sir, we are not alone...I am sure there are many ANHC owners in Bangalore like us. I do not blame Honda that much; it's the local authority here that has to take the blame of not having a standard design for these speed breakers. Its impossible to take the loaded car over those speed breakers without scraping.

-Pratim
Old 2nd March 2010, 07:06   #49
BHPian

Headlight Upgrade

I have recently (4days back) upgraded lights of my ANHC VAT to Philips Rally 90/100 with Hella Relay Kit (Relay, wiring, Ceramic holders).

Total cost INR 1010/- and output is just awesome.

Philips Xtreame power says +80% but practically its only up-to +30%, and cost is more then what I have paid.
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:11   #50
BHPian

Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
I have recently (4days back) upgraded lights of my ANHC VAT to Philips Rally 90/100 with Hella Relay Kit (Relay, wiring, Ceramic holders).

Total cost INR 1010/- and output is just awesome.

Philips Xtreame power says +80% but practically its only up-to +30%, and cost is more then what I have paid.
BeastFieast, With this option there is more than a significant chance that it lead to voiding the warranty provided by Honda.

I checked this with AGM Sales Mr. Ramdas from Whitefield Honda yesterday. He confirmed that it could indeed void the warranty and adviced me better not to do so. Hence I went for Osram bulbs.

Is it a risk worth taking considering that Honda gives a 2+2 year extended warranty ? Did you talk to anybody from Honda before doing this modification ?
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
BeastFieast, With this option there is more than a significant chance that it lead to voiding the warranty provided by Honda.

I checked this with AGM Sales Mr. Ramdas from Whitefield Honda yesterday. He confirmed that it could indeed void the warranty and adviced me better not to do so. Hence I went for Osram bulbs.

Is it a risk worth taking considering that Honda gives a 2+2 year extended warranty ? Did you talk to anybody from Honda before doing this modification ?
Yeah, its all about having relations with ppl. at dealership. In my case they don't any issue with my upgrading the tyres, headlights etc.

More so over the complete setup is so plug and play it will hardly take me 5 min to switch to older setup.

A lot of TBHP users are already running this setup.

This setup has got a relay and 2 fuse box, so in any worst case scenario the fuse and relay would the first to burst.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:17   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like both the bulbs are good. Going by specs, Osram looks a bit better. However Philips might be durable.

Philips X-treme is 80% brighter and the Osram is 90% brighter than regular bulbs.

Osram nightbreaker: OSRAM NightBreaker - Osram Bulbs from Power Bulbs

Philips X-treme power: Philips X-Treme (Extreme) Power - Philips Bulbs from Power Bulbs

Comparison: Interesting Read: Osram Nightbreaker vs Phillips Xtreme Power and Light Output - Honda-Tech
Theory is fine. Did you find noticeable changes in the divine white light? Do let us know please.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Yeah, its all about having relations with ppl. at dealership. In my case they don't any issue with my upgrading the tyres, headlights etc.

More so over the complete setup is so plug and play it will hardly take me 5 min to switch to older setup.

A lot of TBHP users are already running this setup.

This setup has got a relay and 2 fuse box, so in any worst case scenario the fuse and relay would the first to burst.
Thanks TheBeastFieast. In that case, it could be a good option to consider. Looks like it would be good to do some PR building with the Whitefield Honda guys.

I have spent Rs 1800 already on Osram Night breaker bulbs. Would probably go your way next time when these bulbs expire. Don't know how long will they last but expecting them to be out before the 2+2 yr Honda warranty.

Last edited by B103 : 2nd March 2010 at 14:23.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:07   #54
BHPian

@B103, what is your feedback on the head light output improvement after using Osram nightbreakers? Do you feel an appreciable difference at night?

-Pratim
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:24   #55
BHPian

[quoteWe should have an ANHC meet - i think there are lots of Bangalore owners here now. [/quote]

Ron,
when are you making up your mind to tee off first. i have been waiting since two months now. We do have some great guys out here. We can really have a good meet. I also see guys have not responded, something to think about, i must say.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Guys, meet is fine with me provided it is a peaceful affair.

If it is going to be a mega event involving few weeks of planning, a poll to select a date, another poll to select the venue, third poll to select where and how much KM drive we need to do after the lunch etc etc then count me out.

i prefer chat mangani, pat bhyaha (quick engagement, quicker marriage)

PM me date, time, venue

Last edited by StarVegabond : 2nd March 2010 at 21:55.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Theory is fine. Did you find noticeable changes in the divine white light? Do let us know please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
@B103, what is your feedback on the head light output improvement after using Osram nightbreakers? Do you feel an appreciable difference at night?
-Pratim
Manju/Pratim --> I went out for a spin around 9 pm just to update you guys. I was indisposed and so didn't go to work today otherwise.

The feedback is that I didn't feel a dazzling difference. There could be a 10 - 15 % improvement with both high and low beams but nothing great to talk about as such.

For anybody who wants great lights, it might be better to go the way which beast had suggested (as seen in post above) if they are willing to take the risk on honda warranty. That option is cheap (costing almost half) and giving better light as far as I understand.

Having said that, I am not a great fan of glaring headlights and ear-drum breaking horns. Road is not all ours and we have to consider other users too. From that perspective, Osram is a welcome improvement and would be close to the level which is sober and probably close to sufficent.

I and Raghu work in the same office and we will try to do a headlight comparison tomorrow, if we can find some time to spare. This may help to confirm my conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

If it is going to be a mega event involving few weeks of planning, a poll to select a date, another poll to select the venue, third poll to select where and how much KM drive we need to do after the lunch etc etc then count me out.

PM me date, time, venue
If it is a 3-4 hr event in a weekend at Bangalore you can count me in.

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd March 2010 at 16:10. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 3rd March 2010, 06:11   #58
BHPian

Quote:
The feedback is that I didn't feel a dazzling difference. There could be a 10 - 15 % improvement with both high and low beams but nothing great to talk about as such.
This is the feedback of majority of TBHPians as well, though theoritically Phillips Xtream Power and Osram Nightbreaker claims around +80% but actually they are upto +25-30%.
Quote:
For anybody who wants great lights, it might be better to go the way which beast had suggested (as seen in post above) if they are willing to take the risk on honda warranty. That option is cheap (costing almost half) and giving better light as far as I understand.
Believe me it wont void warranty, its all plug and play. Thousands of people are using it, including TBHPians.
Quote:
Having said that, I am not a great fan of glaring headlights and ear-drum breaking horns. Road is not all ours and we have to consider other users too. From that perspective, Osram is a welcome improvement and would be close to the level which is sober and probably close to sufficent.
That's why I am not upgrading my horns and since upgrade to lights I am using low beam only, I use high beam only when the car coming from opposite direction doesn't switch to low beam even after 2-3 dippers.

Quote:
I and Raghu work in the same office and we will try to do a headlight comparison tomorrow, if we can find some time to spare. This may help to confirm my conclusion.
That's great, waiting for those results.
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

PM me date, time, venue
Iam in anytime over the weekends.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:00   #60
BHPian

I will be changing my job in mid Apr'10 and the company I am joining first gave me option to join 'Banglore' location.

I was happy that I would be joining the Great ANHC Banglore club as well, but post reading all the scarry and horror story of 'BANG-lore' / hilly speed breaker, I am more than happy that I am not relocating to banglore.

I am better with joining the virtual club of ANHC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks