Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:19   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
I will be changing my job in mid Apr'10 and the company I am joining first gave me option to join 'Banglore' location.

I was happy that I would be joining the Great ANHC Banglore club as well, but post reading all the scarry and horror story of 'BANG-lore' / hilly speed breaker, I am more than happy that I am not relocating to banglore.

I am better with joining the virtual club of ANHC.
TheBeastFieast, I would rather request you to think over it. Bangalore is the best place in India to find/switch an IT job.

Car scraping it's bottom is a small issue in the big picture.
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:40   #62
BHPian

Hi All,

We did a test of headlights from Biju's car this afternoon and I would have to go with what Biju had confirmed earlier,

It's better than the OE, they added

> White shade to the lights instead of yellow shade. Gave a good look
> Low beam range seemed to be bit better (slightly, not significantly)

It would be a nice choice if we intend not to touch the electrical parts on the car but get a slight improvement on the existing ones.
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
TheBeastFieast, I would rather request you to think over it. Bangalore is the best place in India to find/switch an IT job.

Car scraping it's bottom is a small issue in the big picture.
, Your concern is deeply appreciated.

But the good part is that the same company gave me Delhi - NCR location and moreover I am Remote Management kind of profile so doesnt matter from where I work. For significant amount of time I work from home as well.

The relocation to Banglore was costing too much, it was even more than what I was about to get as raise.

Might be sometime in future I come over there
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:07   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Guys, meet is fine with me provided it is a peaceful affair.

If it is going to be a mega event involving few weeks of planning, a poll to select a date, another poll to select the venue, third poll to select where and how much KM drive we need to do after the lunch etc etc then count me out.

i prefer chat mangani, pat bhyaha (quick engagement, quicker marriage)

PM me date, time, venue

Star,

Chat Mangani, Pat Bhyaha,

Ok, thats a good idea. Would you mind suggesting the time and place. It would also be nice if you could start off.

Lets see the response and plan.

What do you say
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:13   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Star,

Chat Mangani, Pat Bhyaha,

Ok, thats a good idea. Would you mind suggesting the time and place. It would also be nice if you could start off.

Lets see the response and plan.

What do you say
This Saturday (6th March), Nandi Hills, morning 7 AM
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:07   #66
BHPian

Quote:
2 day trip isn't ? Got to start Friday night from Bangalore to be at Nandi Hills @ 7 AM. Just joking guys. Not sure if I can make it if it is so early. I'm a late starter esp on weekends.

Wifey sitting besides me as I am replying to this post. Reminds me that it is the sports day for my son at school.

Last edited by B103 : 3rd March 2010 at 21:13.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:16   #67
BHPian

Quote:
i am fine with it, though i work on saturdays. i can ask my guys to take care of the office, no issues whatsoever.

But star, i feel this saturday is too short, what do you say? i am fine with anyday anytime though.Dont you think its too much CHAT mangani, too short:-)

and B103,

Sorry, you thread is being hijacked.
Old 4th March 2010, 09:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SV,

Iam fine with the time and venue.
Old 4th March 2010, 14:38   #69
BHPian

My son has his sports day from school on Sat morning. Annual general body meeting of my apartment is on Sunday morning. I will be busy on mornings.

I can make it if it is in the after noon of any of these two days. Don't know if it is
convenient for you guys then.
Old 5th March 2010, 10:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I had proposed morning drive to nandi hills because, that is the best time to visit Nandi Hills. lesser traffic, cooler, less crowded. easier to find parking, can have breakfast together, by the time we return (say 10AM), we still had the whole weekend for the family anyway.

once again if you ask me my preference, i would stick with morning drive, i am okay with sunday morning as well.

saturday and sunday after 10 AM, i am occupied with some dentist appointment, payment of bills, monthly trip to big bazaar, cooking a meal for the family, we also have some guests on sunday, collecting my passport from the travel agent, preparing for my next week outside india trip etc etc.

my apologies, for me these are the only two slots (sat & sun mornings) as of now.
Old 5th March 2010, 14:30   #71
BHPian

I can drive on sunday morning but has to back at Sarjapur road by 10 AM which looks possible from SV's post.

Saturday looks impossible because the sports day for children starts pretty early at 8:30 to wind up before sun being scorching.

Also is it a family affair (with whole family ) and breakfast cooked and bought from home ?
Old 5th March 2010, 15:15   #72
Senior - BHPian

Sunday morning is fine with me

initially i had thought it to be an owner's meet. if it is a family meet, i need to check with my wife and daughter. they will have their own schedules during week end. i will update in the evening.

regarding breakfast, there are couple of resturants on the top, but limited variety of food would be served. For hot south Indian breakfast, one option is airport, second option Nandini resturant/ CCD on the BIAL road
or some small resturants at the foot hills of Nandi hills or Gokul (Kogilu cross) or Swati Gardenia (Kodigehalli cross).

i think, we should NOT trouble the ladies to cook breakfast for us so early in the morning.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 5th March 2010 at 15:17.
Old 5th March 2010, 15:25   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Sunday morning is fine with me

initially i had thought it to be an owner's meet. if it is a family meet, i need to check with my wife and daughter. they will have their own schedules during week end. i will update in the evening.

regarding breakfast, there are couple of resturants on the top, but limited variety of food would be served. For hot south Indian breakfast, one option is airport, second option Nandini resturant/ CCD on the BIAL road
or some small resturants at the foot hills of Nandi hills or Gokul (Kogilu cross) or Swati Gardenia (Kodigehalli cross).

i think, we should NOT trouble the ladies to cook breakfast for us so early in the morning.
Even I planned for Owner's meet, Need to check if she would join.

I was thinking of some packed stuff to carry, may be some Juice, Bread, jam,... if we have an options then Iam fine with anything.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:25   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Even I planned for Owner's meet, Need to check if she would join.

I was thinking of some packed stuff to carry, may be some Juice, Bread, jam,... if we have an options then Iam fine with anything.
Fine for me too. Will pack some bread & jam with me. How many will come ? SV, me , Raghu and Nandan might turn up ?

How about Manju, Guna, Pratim ?

Last edited by B103 : 5th March 2010 at 18:27.
Old 5th March 2010, 19:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
How about Manju, Guna, Pratim ?
I have daughter's birthday on Sunday. I would have loved to join.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks