Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 10:07   #226
BHPian

I have got the underbody coating done at Magnum. I have never felt that it had anything to do with sealing of road noise, neither has it reduced after the coating in my case. All I can say is that it has an anti-rust element which acts as protection. Ideally as Vasoo said underbody coating is not required for places like bangalore, It is just that ANHC+Bangalore Humps combination cries for this. So evertime I visit the service station the gentleman inspects the bottom and sprays the coat for the scrubbed area, simple.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:34   #227
BHPian

Third free service

I gave my card for it's 3rd service last Saturday (14/Aug). I haven't clocked lot of kms. At the third service, I have just made 4315 kms on the odo.

I called up SA Manjunath in the morning and made sure that he is available at work. Reached Whitefield Honda at 10. Surprised to find service manager Mr James at the entrance receiving cars. Apart from him, I saw another new person trying to manage the show. Later learned that he is the General Manager, Service. I guess Whitefield Honda is taking it a bit more seriously these days. Probably many people like me would have complained directly to Honda about bad experiences.

Immediately after reaching the service station, I called up Manjunath and he came in 3-4 mins time. I asked him to replace the costly synthetic oil (put during 2nd service) with normal mineral oil, this time. Nitrogen has to be topped up in the tyres and some minor scratches had to be touched up. That was the job list from my side. Neither SA insisted nor I requested for the under chasis coating.

After handing over the car, I went and met Mr Deb (Sales), Mr Ramdas (AGM Sales) and finally Mr. James (Service manager). Mr James assured that he will take care of doing the flusing before the changing the oil. I headed home after that.

Received a call by 2:30 indicating that the car is ready. I reached WF Honda around 4:30 to pick up the car. This time, had a good impression seeing the car. It was washed and cleaned properly. Minor scratches were polished well. Total bill amount including the oil change was Rs 975. I paid the money, thanked Manju and left the place. I had a happy experience everytime my car was serviced by this guy. It making a difference for sure.

Before leaving, I checked with Manju regarding the next date when I shall bring my car for servicing. He told me to bring the car after 3 months, and get a general checkup done. It looks like they will charge Rs 800 only for this.

I am not convinced though. Honda manual says 6 months or specific km (I guess 5000). These days most of the cars are coming out with a service interval of 10,000 to 15,000 kms. Three months is too short a time to drive the car back for servicing. Guys --> what is your opinion ?

Last edited by B103 : 17th August 2010 at 19:36.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:51   #228
BHPian

I would say, let's stick to the service schedules defined by Honda untill the warranty period so that we don't let the hook loose to be plucked by Honda in case of any eventuality with the car.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:54   #229
BHPian

Hi Biju,

There's the update. Good to hear that you are happy with the service. Did you discuss FE part with SA?

Iam hearing more of 3months schedule from owners visiting WF only. What's so specific?
Old 17th August 2010, 21:11   #230
BHPian

I doubt if it is necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
I would say, let's stick to the service schedules defined by Honda untill the warranty period so that we don't let the hook loose to be plucked by Honda in case of any eventuality with the car.
Jayanth, Honda says 6 months. WF Honda is asking us to bring the car earlier than that for a general checkup, which I doubt about.

Last edited by B103 : 17th August 2010 at 21:12.
Old 17th August 2010, 21:16   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi Biju,

There's the update. Good to hear that you are happy with the service. Did you discuss FE part with SA?
Yeah it was a pleasant experience this time. I haven't discussed about the FE part. In fact, I am not able to relate to the particular point which you are talking here. Can you explain a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Iam hearing more of 3months schedule from owners visiting WF only. What's so specific?
Is it so ? Is Magnum or Dakshin not insisting on that ? How about vehicles serviced outside Bangalore ? If it is a policy from Honda, it would have been clearly mentioned in the service manual as well.
Old 17th August 2010, 21:19   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Yeah it was a pleasant experience this time. I haven't discussed about the FE part. In fact, I am not able to relate to the particular point which you are talking here. Can you explain a bit more.
You were mentioning FE being low some time ago when we met in office, so was just checking if in case you discussed this with SA,

Quote:
Is it so ? Is Magnum or Dakshin not insisting on that ? How about vehicles serviced outside Bangalore ? If it is a policy from Honda, it would have been clearly mentioned in the service manual as well.
In my case no.
Old 18th August 2010, 10:23   #233
BHPian

Biju,
I know Honda says 6 months or 5k Kms which ever is earlier. I would certainly challenge the dealers if they want our cars for check up anytime before that. I certainly wouldn't mind if the checkup is done free of cost after 3rd service.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:12   #234
BHPian

Honda dealers in Cochin/Trivandrum also ask to do 3months service. (next service date will come printed in the service bill)
May be you can do free services as per timelines, and later 6month/5000 service. After initial 2years, I am giving my NHC for service after 5000/6months
Old 18th August 2010, 15:44   #235
BHPian

Not sure who, but I think StarVB had said in one of his comments that taking the car for service once in 6 months should not void the warranty. I am of the same opinion.

Check-up, once in 3 months is more of a pre-caution rather than compulsion as per my observation. If you read the manual carefully, you will find a clause which says 3 months check-up is necessitated by rough conditions like less than n kms of run at a time(I believe n to be around 6 kms) or running the car mostly in dense bumper to bumper traffic on a daily basis, etc. In which case, the car might as well need an oil change within 3 months of use.
Old 27th August 2010, 20:05   #236
BHPian

Whitefield Honda service department called me today to receive the feedback of the third service. I told them I am very happy this time
Old 14th September 2010, 11:01   #237
BHPian

I had been observing a problem from the beginning and it is making life difficult esp. now because it affects visibility in the rainy season. This is the first big rainy season since I bought the car and so I am noticing this issue more closely now.

I usually drive with all window glasses rolled up most of the time. Problem with ANHC is that, if it is raining outside mist forms quite quickly on the windshield. I tried to (1) switch on A/c with intake of fresh air as well as (2) make the fan's blower to direct the air to the windshield.

It appears to work initially. However, I can see quick formation of a vertical layer of condesed water along the bottom part of the windshield. I have to operate the wiper continuously to clean this up, though the rain had stopped.

Are other ANHC owners facing the same issue ? They would have noted this esp on the long drives. Overall, I am feeling that ANHC windscreen has a tendency to have this kind of a problem. I never faced this issue in a Hyundai Getz which I was driving earlier. Other ANHC owners, kindly share your experience.

Last edited by B103 : 14th September 2010 at 11:05.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:05   #238
BHPian

Biju, I too had the same issue and at times, I had to park the car by the side as I was unable to see the road ahead. Then, thanks to my friend,who was with me once when we went to Mysore,who saw me struggle with the mist, asked me to put on the temperature knob to the mid position and direct the air on to the windshield.Within no time, could see that the entire mist got cleared.
Hope this helps.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:17   #239
BHPian

Quote:
I had been observing a problem from the beginning and it is making life difficult esp. now because it affects visibility in the rainy season. This is the first big rainy season since I bought the car and so I am noticing this issue more closely now.

I usually drive with all window glasses rolled up most of the time. Problem with ANHC is that, if it is raining outside mist forms quite quickly on the windshield. I tried to (1) switch on A/c with intake of fresh air as well as (2) make the fan's blower to direct the air to the windshield.

It appears to work initially. However, I can see quick formation of a vertical layer of condesed water along the bottom part of the windshield. I have to operate the wiper continuously to clean this up, though the rain had stopped.

Are other ANHC owners facing the same issue ? They would have noted this esp on the long drives. Overall, I am feeling that ANHC windscreen has a tendency to have this kind of a problem. I never faced this issue in a Hyundai Getz which I was driving earlier. Other ANHC owners, kindly share your experience.
Hi Biju,

That's a common problem on all the cars not just ANHC, when it starts forming more mist on the lower part I either turn off the AC or put the temperature to middle position and that worked all the time.

Try it out.

I might be wrong, but when I saw WS changed on my car I was surprised to see the guage ( I felt it's very thin), or probably it's expected. This might also be a reason for mist formation quickly. I thought Santro took quite some time to form the same.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 14th September 2010 at 11:18. Reason: typo
Old 14th September 2010, 11:21   #240

Quote:
Do no blow the cold air directly to the windshield as it cools the glass and causes condensation outside.
To clear the mist do following and you will not have this problem.
1) Keep AC on with internal air re-circulation
2) Keep the air flow to front and/or lower leg area vents. The mist will still go away within a minute.
3) If it gets too cold you can periodically switch off the AC or set AC to lower level of cooling using AC controls.

Most Viewed