Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2005, 19:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Well I don't know about magazine reviews, I only know about this one car. It is possible it was a bad car, but unfortunately one bad apple spoils the whole bunch. In any case, Fiat's non-existent service today kind of makes their cars a dodgy purchase at best and to my mind reliability, parts and service backup are essential.

I never said it wasn't good to drive, in fact I came very close to buying one myself some years ago, but didn't because of this car's negative vibe and the questions over their service backup.
Old 16th December 2005, 22:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Ya and well thats why FIAT comes at No. 3 in customer satisfaction in JD Power Asia Pacific report..... Anybody ever tried to pitch hyundai in that ???? Now please dont say JD Power dont know anything as Maruti used to showcase the award in each ad they make... . Getz is a very good car but that does not make Palio worst..... About built quality...... I have given up.... certainly many car columnist must have taken money to comment Palio as one of the best built quality hatch in the market...

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Old 17th December 2005, 01:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well to be honest, I couldn't give a rat's ass what JD Power says about Asia Pacific when I've experienced a bad car for myself over here. Like I said earlier it could have been a particularly bad car, but having said that...

I had a damn close look at the rear of a 1.2 Palio that was parked behind my Getz tonight and the gap between the rear lights and the hatch is AT LEAST TWICE AS MUCH as that on my Getz, so, say what you like, I believe its build quality isn't everything the magazines have made it out to be.

Amen.
Old 17th December 2005, 17:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

See I do own a Palio 1.2 sport and believe me the car is not as bad as you showcasing here. It is rock solid and Italian designer has certainly did a fantastic job and so is beautiful. You know what even I know one Getz which is relly in bad shape, forget about sitting inside, you will not even look at her.... But this does not mean Getz is not a good car. It is certainly a good hacth so plz dont make your mind by looking at any perticular palio..... Its a good car and if it was marketted under Maruti badge (Marketting strategy)... no doubt you cud have seen Palios everywhere.....

Anyways.... happy driving and always wear your seat belts...

Cheers
Abhijeet
Old 17th December 2005, 19:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

OK look, for the last time, let me say this...I never said the Palio was a bad car or didn't look good or anything like that, so don't go getting offended. What I said is that I had experience with a particularly bad Palio and that, in my opinion, Fiat's service backup and dealerships were crap.

Let's not carry-on this pointless argument in a thread about the Getz, ok?

Message from Mod: Please take your argument offline - If we see a continuation of this argument- this thread gets closed

Last edited by ajmat : 17th December 2005 at 21:31.
Old 17th March 2006, 11:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Good write up NC.
My friends also just got a GETZ GLS recently and it is awesome though they got ripped off with the Audio.
Enjoy the car bro. and tank up the minute you drive out of the showroom. My friends car got stuck at our shared office in Mahalaxmi because it ran out of fuel and i believe they took delivery from Hyundai Motor Plaza, Haji Ali
ya, you are very corrct.. my friend has got getz but i dont know which model and he is also veyr satisfied with it..
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:32   #37
BHPian

WELL a team mate of mine also bought one gets...
he says he is getting FE 13-14Kmpl in city
and 16-17Kmpl on Highway...
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:33   #38
BHPian

he is light foot...
he does not rip the car at all...
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for digging this out now, but I had to comment on this after a recent trip to Coimbatore to check out interior options:

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
carbon graphite in the centre console ( its carbon graphite , right ? )
They're most likely Carbon Graphics, not Carbon Graphite I saw Autographix's stick-on interior trim for various car models and realized that the Indigo's 'carbon graphite finish' is just that - very likely that they make all the other 'wood', 'carbon graphite' and 'brushed aluminium' finishes for all other manufacturers too.

Unfortunately you only get model-specific cut-outs and not sheets of the stuff that you could "cut and paste" onto your dashboard. Arush and others should be able to tell us more about these options, I guess.

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd April 2006 at 13:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks