Team-BHP - Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/75579-yet-another-skoda-laura-1-8-tsi-team-bhp-edit-now-sold-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 3410197)
I always wanted to get black interiors for the car as I hate beige. Unfortunately, in 2010 when I got the car, beige was the only option.

Hey Robimahanta, did you ever look into swapping interior parts with a Laura VRS? Because I know that the VRS came with a black interior. I am also looking into turning my interior to black, so I was just wondering what would be the best way to go about it. I would also appreciate it if you could PM me the costs of dyeing an interior black. I PM'ed you but didn't receive a response. Thanks!

How is the car doing @Robi? Long time no update. Do you still have the car and use it regularly? Have things been reliable after such an aggressive remap to 300 BHP? What about oil consumption?

Mine has done 45000KM in 6.5 years and is absolutely stock. We were contemplating a drive to Kochi and that reminded me of Petes and your car :)

Hi

I own a 2011 Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI (manual gears) which has done 48,000 kms. Driving the car is pure joy and always brings a smile to my face even now.

I was wondering if it is worth going for Pete's stage 1 remapping. I believe the power is increased from 160 to 200bhp. Will this make substantial difference? I also wanted to understand the downsides to the modification i.e will the stock turbo, brakes, suspension be able to support the additional power. Can it cause any damage to the car? I was reading somewhere on this forum that acceleration becomes jerky between a certain power band due to the remapping. Is this a common problem?

I have done a search on this site, but thought if would be good to get your inputs all in one place.

Really appreciate your help and thoughts

A friend of mine has got his Laura 1.8TSI built in Bangalore at 300hp with all supporting mods.
Car is mental and the drama in 2 and 3 gears is just out of the world for a FWD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by afg (Post 4235399)
Hi

I own a 2011 Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI (manual gears) which has done 48,000 kms. Driving the car is pure joy and always brings a smile to my face even now.

I was wondering if it is worth going for Pete's stage 1 remapping. I believe the power is increased from 160 to 200bhp. Will this make substantial difference? I also wanted to understand the downsides to the modification i.e will the stock turbo, brakes, suspension be able to support the additional power. Can it cause any damage to the car? I was reading somewhere on this forum that acceleration becomes jerky between a certain power band due to the remapping. Is this a common problem?

I have done a search on this site, but thought if would be good to get your inputs all in one place.

Really appreciate your help and thoughts

Why Petes? Being in Mumbai you can go for even Revo or APR if you don't want an Indian tuner like Tune O Tronics. But with a TSI you definitely need a remap, otherwise you are missing out on all the fun. I had a remap on my vrs for over 50k kms and it ran beautifully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay1234 (Post 4238370)
Why Petes? Being in Mumbai you can go for even Revo or APR if you don't want an Indian tuner like Tune O Tronics. But with a TSI you definitely need a remap, otherwise you are missing out on all the fun. I had a remap on my vrs for over 50k kms and it ran beautifully.

Thanks. How does Revo compare to Pete and the others in terms of reliability and performance? Is there a difference in the way they do the remapping? Appreciate your help.

Final update :

Recently I sold my Skoda 1.8 Tsi after having completed close to 70000kms in a little more than 7 years. It served me well and never let me down inspite of all the modifications and pushing it beyond its limits. I loved the way it used to accelerate after 60kmph and how fast it used to hit the double ton. The suspension was something special and so were the brakes. Finding a replacement for this car was a difficult task as all new cars which came close in performance were above 70 lacs atleast or highly impractical for Bangalore roads. So finally decided to go the preowned route and narrowed down to a car which is a slight compromise in performance but with more refinement compared to the laura.

My final pic of the 300bhp Skoda Laura Tsi
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-skodatsi.jpg

The replacement: I have been driving this over the last few months (around 5000kms) and will put up a short impression soon. I am sure the enthusiasts will be able to figure out the car:)

Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-328i.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 4265772)

My final pic of the 300bhp Skoda Laura Tsi

I have seen this car in person and know how quick it really is, so I can completely understand what you were looking for in your next car Robbie. clap:

Quote:

I am sure the enthusiasts will be able to figure out the car:)

There are no 2 ways about this that it is a BMW.

But this statement of yours is creating a tiny bit confusion:

Quote:

narrowed down to a car which is a slight compromise in performance but with more refinement compared to the laura.
So I am guessing it is a 328i.

But those rims are shouting out 530D !! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4265918)

But those rims are shouting out 530D !! :D

Omg Vik, this means you're not a true enthusiast :O
Haha kidding. I agree most BMW rims have that similarity and get confusing, but these rims belong to the 328i!

Congrats on the rare beauty Robi!

A 328i! Sweet! What an amazing ride, and the perfect upgrade from the Laura. It's got the performance chops, is an upgrade in quality and then some, and it's just a fantastic brute in a suite.

Congrats on the new ride, looking forward to your impressions of it. One story ends, another one begins.

Did some vbox test runs with the BMW 328i and the Polo. Managed to get 5.9s and 6.7s for the 3er and GTi respectively. Big shout out to bhpians Dr.AD and Sunnyboi for all the help.

Short video:
https://youtu.be/8f9xT1s10YU

*Settings were messed up for the BMW runs, hence its showing 5.92s@100kph at 100meters. Basically faster than Usain Bolt by little less than 4secs😂

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 4601237)
Did some vbox test runs with the BMW 328i and the Polo. Managed to get 5.9s and 6.7s for the 3er and GTi respectively. Big shout out to bhpians Dr.AD and Sunnyboi for all the help.

*Settings were messed up for the BMW runs, hence its showing 5.92s@100kph at 100meters. Basically faster than Usain Bolt by little less than 4secs😂

This VBox run was an amazing fun. The 328i is a crazy fast car. And the sound is just awesome. You have to hear it in person to experience how nice it is.

The 5.9s is a very impressive number for sure. And what was equally impressive (though not captured in those tests listed above) was the braking ability. The car always braked very quickly and without any drama whatsoever even after reaching some really fast speeds.

Here are a couple of pictures.

The 328i looks as hot as it performs. The looks match the performance:
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc04766-3.jpg

The 320d watches from behind as the 328i gears up for 0-100 in 5.9s!
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-dsc04768-2.jpg

Update:

I sold the 328i to another BHPian and I am pretty sure he will take good care of it. The car served me well and I have had a memorable time with it. Like they say “Only know you love her when you let her go”

Now the wait begins for an upgrade. Hope I can get a worthy upgrade soon. It has to be a petrol😊

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 5020910)
Update:

I sold the 328i to another BHPian and I am pretty sure he will take good care of it. The car served me well and I have had a memorable time with it. Like they say “Only know you love her when you let her go”

Now the wait begins for an upgrade. Hope I can get a worthy upgrade soon. It has to be a petrol😊

What about the M340i as an upgrade?
Is a petrol
Has good equipment
Faster than your 328i
New generation
AWD grip

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhruvritzed (Post 5022257)
What about the M340i as an upgrade?
Is a petrol
Has good equipment
Faster than your 328i
New generation
AWD grip

Already bought and delivered rl::
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5021240