Team-BHP - Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/75579-yet-another-skoda-laura-1-8-tsi-team-bhp-edit-now-sold-3.html)

A mere 1,600 kms in 3 months! Go out and drive, Team-BHPian...that car is built for the open road.

You might want to consider a better set of alloys & tyres too.

Now that is the only car I'd look forward to buying next to an Altis.

Excellent VFM. Please list out the equipment on this version - I assume this is the base Laura.

What a car !, What a Color !, however odo numbers does not justify its value. Go on a Loooong trip man. You side of the country(N-E) is full of natural beauty, take your beauty for some nice hilly drive.

I Have Heard Many Times That Skoda People Void The Given Warranty If Any One Changes Oe Tyres Or Rims.please Clarify.

you think SKoda Warrenty is bad... try the warrenty on a Mitsubishi Evo..

12500km update
Just got the car back from a wash..its awesome as ever
Got a few upgrades over the last year:

Full grain Napa leather (black with contrast stitch)
Boot lip spoiler
Scuff plates
Black Kagu 3D mats
16 inch OEM alloys with Michelin Primacy LC tires
LED parking lamps
Activated the DRL's but need to change the bulbs to LEDs

Will post a detailed update with pictures

The attached pic doesnt do justice..shot with my mobile late in the evening!

Was trying to strive for the maximum fuel efficiency possible during a recent trip out of the city.

After a tank full and driving for about 126kms, I was amazed to see the onboard computer predict a range of 960kms..thats almost 1100kms in total

Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-834aperturetc2.jpg

Again during another trip, I achieved 5.8l/100kms thats over 17km/l, something which is truly amazing for a 1.8L turbocharged engine.

Name:  834aperturetc1.jpg
Views: 7282
Size:  178.2 KB

18000km update

Got the LED DRL's installed, no more mods planned.

Many congratulations pal on your Laura. Its one of the exciting cars to drive in the Civic/Corolla segment. Its a true blue performance car with the resounding European build quality and engineering. Its nice to know that you have followed your heart and the feedback from our fellow bhpians in choosing this beautiful car. The color of the lighting is nice in the night especially the white glow. Do you have any plans to upgrade the ICE or you are happy with the OEM setup? Given that your friend is a Skoda dealer, I hope you get good after sales support from your friend. Wishing you loads of happy miles and enjoy your stint with your new firecracker of a car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 2630382)
18000km update

Got the LED DRL's installed, no more mods planned.

Looks super cool. :thumbs up. Are those white xenon bulbs or LEDs? Could you share how you went about installing them, the specs of the bulbs etc... Also did you get it installed at the A.S.S or outside? Warranty issues? I am tempted to get it done on my TSI as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 2573825)
Boot lip spoiler

Can you really measure the difference with this spoiler in place? Is the car more stable beyond 180 or so?

My TSi is also a Feb 10 purchase and has done 19000KM so far. I want to go for a real (and effective) spoiler if it really makes any difference. The original Octy vRS is much better than the Laura Tsi at high speeds and corners but I am not sure if it is due to it's very low GC (130mm versus Laura's 160mm) or the spoiler or both.

I looked up the spoiler related "how does it work" kind of stuff on the internet and somehow could not understand how lip spoiler can help at all...

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 2630513)
Can you really measure the difference with this spoiler in place? Is the car more stable beyond 180 or so?

My TSi is also a Feb 10 purchase and has done 19000KM so far. I want to go for a real (and effective) spoiler if it really makes any difference. The original Octy vRS is much better than the Laura Tsi at high speeds and corners but I am not sure if it is due to it's very low GC (130mm versus Laura's 160mm) or the spoiler or both.

I looked up the spoiler related "how does it work" kind of stuff on the internet and somehow could not understand how lip spoiler can help at all...

That spoiler will hardly make a difference. The old octi rs was more stable due to the stiffer suspension and lower gc. If you really want high speed stability, i would suggest getting aftermarket shocks like bilstein or H&R etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 2630513)

I guess Jay has already answered your question. I haven't felt any any difference with the spoiler but then again I seldom push the car beyond 150. I guess the boot lip spoiler merely enhances the look of the car.

I am sure Bilstein B6 and above suspension kits would be much more useful in improving the handling of the car than just a spoiler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 2630477)
Looks super cool. :thumbs up. Are those white xenon bulbs or LEDs? Could you share how you went about installing them, the specs of the bulbs etc... Also did you get it installed at the A.S.S or outside? Warranty issues? I am tempted to get it done on my TSI as well.

I ve got white LED's (Spec : 1141/1156 12V LED) which are pretty cheap. I got them installed at the dealership and hence I believe there wont be any warranty issues. PM me for further details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 2630605)
I ve got white LED's (Spec : 1141/1156 12V LED) which are pretty cheap. I got them installed at the dealership and hence I believe there wont be any warranty issues. PM me for further details.

Hi Robi, how are the roads in and around Guwahati that you drive your car on? Have you faced any GC issues till date with a full load of passengers and luggage and otherwise?
How many services have you been through so far and what has been the experience and costs with the details of the parts/fluids changed?