Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 12:29   #106
BHPian

re: Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!

Saw your ride and posted it on the T-BHP sightings thread. Thats when I saw this thread. You have an awesome car ! The moment I saw the Borbet and Tarox combo i knew there was a connection with Pete. Now confirmed.

Last edited by anand_lukose : 18th September 2012 at 12:33.
Old 20th September 2012, 15:20   #107
BHPian

Your ride is just awesome! Very well maintained too. I love the mods on this car. Each and every one of them. Very tastefully done
Old 17th October 2012, 19:35   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

41000km update
No issues whatsoever. Its been a pleasure driving across the highways down south.
The car is in for a regular service and an upgrade again!

The Hybrid K04 turbo is in, waiting for the rest of the things to follow. Stay tuned.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-screenshot20121017at6.59.39pm.jpg  

robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 21:41   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
The Hybrid K04 turbo is in, waiting for the rest of the things to follow. Stay tuned.
Does that mean another remap is on the cards mate ?, I was told first remap is normally never enough and only paves way for more. Is that the case. If yes - Please share the target HP.

Good to see you enjoying it.

Best - ML
Old 18th October 2012, 13:05   #110
BHPian

Awesome stuff ! Pete has put up some pics in FB on your ride's mods !
Old 18th October 2012, 17:01   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Does that mean another remap... Is that the case. If yes - Please share the target HP.
Thanks Motoringlover. Yes its a Stage 2 remap with the required mods. The ballpark bhp is just over 300. But will need to try out the remap and fine tune for driveability rather than going all out to achieve the maximum bhp which is around 340.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Awesome stuff ! Pete has put up some pics in FB on your ride's mods !
Thanks Anand. I am sure you will be able to check it out in person next time you are in your brothers place in Bangalore.

The APR intercooler is in. I was planning on the Forge twintercooler setup but Peter felt the APR was a better option from both reliability and performance perspective.
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-screenshot20121018at4.46.05pm.jpg

The Milltek downwpipe with Sports Cat (already had the Milltek sports cat back exhaust). Again it was between going decat and sports cat, eventually decided to go green with the sports cat.
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-screenshot20121018at4.46.18pm.jpg
robimahanta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 21:32   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

The TAROX 6 pot brakes are in. As the power increased, the Tarox G88 rotors and pad with stock calipers were not confidence inspiring.
The 6 pot brake system is amazing.

Shapur Kotwal from Autocar summed it up nicely " the six pot calipers from TAROX deliver so much feel and are so well weighted that you can almost pick a spot from where you want to stop and execute it with ease"
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-screenshot20121019at9.11.34pm.jpg

Also got the uprated rear H&R AntiRoll Bar to further enhance the handling.
http://www.hrsprings.com/products/sway-bars/

Also changed the black roof vinyl to a 3M CF vinyl
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-img2012101900088.jpg

did the B pillars as well
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-img2012101900090.jpg

the upgrade is almost over, just a few small things are pending. I will post better pictures soon.

Last edited by robimahanta : 19th October 2012 at 21:38. Reason: formatting
robimahanta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 22:13   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

The car is ready after the stage 2 mods.
I will post a review with pictures after a long drive. Its scarily fast and pretty loud now.

The CF mirror covers

Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-img_1088.jpg

MOD: Please edit the thread title to 300BHP instead of 200BHP
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-img_1085.jpg  

Last edited by robimahanta : 29th October 2012 at 22:14.
robimahanta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 00:42   #114
Team-BHP Support

Just brilliant stuff buddy. I am totally envious now. You have done the perfect ugprades. Please get the vRS bumper, since you seem to be going all out anyway. It just looks so much nicer compared to the stock bumper, and will add to the looks of your car.
Old 30th October 2012, 07:50   #115
Senior - BHPian

Are we already over stretching the engine ? There was this OPTRA TDCi which was remapped to such levels and ended up with blown engine.

Stock 1.8Tsi is rated at 168 Horses ? and you are almost pushing this to the twice the stock rating. Please BEWARE !!

I hope Petes is taking long term reliability in to consideration.

The car looks FANTASTIC and HAWT !! with the cosmetic/exterior upgrades. The wheels are drool maal.

Last edited by F150 : 30th October 2012 at 07:51.
F150 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 10:03   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Just brilliant stuff buddy. I am totally envious now. You have done the perfect ugprades. Please get the vRS bumper, since you seem to be going all out anyway. It just looks so much nicer compared to the stock bumper, and will add to the looks of your car.
Thanks Akshay. I did check on the VRS bumper at the dealership. The bumper itsself costs almost the same as the standard but the LED's are crazily priced at 24k a pair

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post

Stock 1.8Tsi is rated at 168 Horses ? and you are almost pushing this to the twice the stock rating. Please BEWARE !!
Thanks F10 for the concern. I have spoken to a lot of guys running over 350hp in India as well as Europe and nobody fortunately has had any issues till date. The same engine in AudiS3 and AudiTT comes with over 220hp as stock.
Mostly of the guys say the engine can take upto 380hp but then again wear and tear will be definitely at a faster rate.
robimahanta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 10:12   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Akshay. I did check on the VRS bumper at the dealership. The bumper itsself costs almost the same as the standard but the LED's are crazily priced at 24k a pair
Well then order the LEDs from here, still not cheap but better than the dealership cost -
http://www.superskoda.com/skoda/octa...facelift-model

You will have to buy these too -
http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTA...fog-lights-set
Old 30th October 2012, 13:52   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Akshay
With the duties and shipping costs, it will almost be the same. Besides superskoda customer service is poor and they only ship via EMS ( india post ). Once I got a part just after 5 days in Bangalore but again a similar item took 15 after it was shipped.
Guess I ll just get the cheaper honeycomb bumper grill to go with the similar bonnet grill
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI on Team-BHP. EDIT: Now sold!-image3333886155.jpg  

Old 30th October 2012, 15:15   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....Guess I ll just get the cheaper honeycomb bumper grill to go with the similar bonnet grill
Superb upgrades buddy, I remember you mentioned the 200bhp few months back and now its 300bhp, hope I get to see this beauty before it goes to the 400 mark

Let me know when you are around, its long time we are due for a coffee meet !! Have fun and drive safe
Old 30th October 2012, 16:20   #120
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic upgrades dude!

I concur with Akshay1234. You need to get a vRS bumper to complete the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Are we already over stretching the engine ? There was this OPTRA TDCi which was remapped to such levels and ended up with blown engine.

I hope Petes is taking long term reliability in to consideration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Superb upgrades buddy, I remember you mentioned the 200bhp few months back and now its 300bhp, hope I get to see this beauty before it goes to the 400 mark
If I remember correctly, there was an Octavia vRS tuned to 500 horses by Petes! That's a crazy amount of power going to the front wheels that are also supposed to steer the car apart from propelling it. Even an E-Diff isn't going to help in harnessing all that power and most of it isn't going to be usable anyway. 300 is more than enough for a FWD car.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed