Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 00:44   #1
BHPian

Maruti SX4 AT : 2000 KMs initial ownership report

Frankly I was not supposed to buy SX4 AT or rather SX4 as well. I was thinking about Honda City or Altis Manual. Accidently happened to be at SX4 Exchange Mela & AT was only option for demo. Driving AT in Pune’s traffic was such a relaxing treat. It really changed my perception of SX4 & AT variant as well.

Booked SX4 same time with MyCar Pune dealer. Unfortunately, they couldn’t deliver AT car for about 1 month & also were not ready commit any date. It was December so I was anxious about price hike.

So decided to take chance & try my luck at Sai Service. To My pleasant surprise they had one Black SX4 AT at Mumbai location. So re-booked car with Sai. Sai Service rocks, excellent sales support!

Since my budget was little bit higher so decided to go with full fledge accessories like SunRoof Webasto (46 K), Stanley Leather Seats (34 K) , ICE : JBL Components for Front & JBL Speakers for rear (11 K) , MGA sports Kit (22K), etc. I did my exhaustive research by visiting accessories shops, Team BHP & so on. I purchased most of the accessories from Sai Service only. Accessories slightly costly but it’s with more comfort & assurance than accessory shops.

My wife is happiest person with AT decision. During first week only, She drove for entire journey from Nashik to Pune. It’s really comfortable for me to have Free Chauffer ).

Driving experience is just superb. Only in typical Indian “slowdown, look & overtake” situations, you feel jerk due to sudden gear changes. Rest all is fantastic. Really I used other than ‘D’ gear, even during Ghat drives.

Webasto SunRoof made my car ‘Kids friendly’. My nieces want to travel with me instead of their parents. Also, It’s awesome to experience breezing cold air during night time..

Stanley Leather Seats: Highly recommended. But try to avoid lighter sheds otherwise you need to keep cleaning after every long trip. Don’t forget to buy Chameleon leather & Stanley Leather clearner.

Sports Kit : Maruti delivered after 15 days, we were used to decent look for car. Initially sudden change & lower ground clearance did intrigue us a bit. But driving experience & differential looks improved greatly. It’s again recommended if you are not too much fussy about ground clearance & looking for exclusive ‘Men are Back’ looks.

Also added Spoiler recently from accessory shop Bhandari Accessories & not very happy with finishing.

Mileage : 12 KMs per Liter in City & 15-17 KMs on highways. Thanks to new VVT engine.

Tyres : Not changed

Being Black Beauty like every beauty I need to take extra care. Jopasu Car Duster again highly recommended. Sonax car cleaning products are helpful.

Thanks Team BHP Gurus & members for all help during decision making process..
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti SX4 AT : 2000 KMs initial ownership report-dsc02592.jpg  

Maruti SX4 AT : 2000 KMs initial ownership report-dsc02595.jpg  

Maruti SX4 AT : 2000 KMs initial ownership report-dsc02596.jpg  

Maruti SX4 AT : 2000 KMs initial ownership report-dsc02599.jpg  

Maruti SX4 AT : 2000 KMs initial ownership report-dsc02600.jpg  

Maruti SX4 AT : 2000 KMs initial ownership report-dsc02605.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 03:36   #2
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase , welcome to the club. Mine's a non VVT.

You are getting some really fantastic mileage.

A few more pictures of the interior & the sun-roof would be highly appreciated, did you get the sun-roof from Maruti itself ??

Drive safe & happy motoring...
Old 17th February 2010, 07:52   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congrats! Looks great!

The mileage figures are really good for a 1.6 AT. Some AT hatches were qouted to have lesser figures!

One thing that surprised me- Isn't there any badge that says AT?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th February 2010 at 07:53.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

waw. is this first Sx4 AT on team bhp? The FE is really fantastic!

Pardon my ignorance, how was sun roof fixed! Did they actually cut the top and then fixed it or replaced whole of the top!

Are you happy with stock tyres? which are they!
How about some better tyre as an added accessory
Old 17th February 2010, 09:31   #5
BHPian

Thanks .

I will post some more pictures of interior soon.

There is nothing like Maruti Sun Roofs. Even if dealer say MGA & part of catalogue, Sunroofs are always procured from Webasto & even fitted by Webasto Engineers. I got it from Maruti Dealer Sai Services for convenience perspective. Later I found, it is the same guy whom I met at Websato authroised accessory shop .

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Congratulations on your purchase , welcome to the club. Mine's a non VVT.

You are getting some really fantastic mileage.

A few more pictures of the interior & the sun-roof would be highly appreciated, did you get the sun-roof from Maruti itself ??

Drive safe & happy motoring...
Old 17th February 2010, 09:39   #6
BHPian

Maruti did wonders with new improved engines. ARAI Milage for SX4 AT model is 12.7 KM/Liter & for Manual 15.5
True no AT badge Only self sastisfaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats! Looks great!

The mileage figures are really good for a 1.6 AT. Some AT hatches were qouted to have lesser figures!

One thing that surprised me- Isn't there any badge that says AT?
Old 17th February 2010, 09:47   #7
BHPian

Not sure whether its first AT. But I could see few Test Drive reports.

They did cut the top & fixed SunRoof.

Not so happy with Stock JK Tyres. Later I read many posts about suggestion to change Stock Tyres. Planning to do it after 20 K Kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
waw. is this first Sx4 AT on team bhp? The FE is really fantastic!

Pardon my ignorance, how was sun roof fixed! Did they actually cut the top and then fixed it or replaced whole of the top!

Are you happy with stock tyres? which are they!
How about some better tyre as an added accessory
Old 17th February 2010, 10:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devendradesh View Post
They did cut the top & fixed SunRoof.
Is it an electrical sunroof?
Did you have any concerns around the sunroof? Quality niggles? Leaking etc? What is the warranty offered by Webasto?

And congrats on your purchase! It looks great and really nice to see the accessories you have put on top
Old 17th February 2010, 11:44   #9
BHPian

Finally its' here - Thanks Devendra.

Regards the ICE, did you change only the speakers or the console as well? What's the difference in quality like, as I'm starting to get offended by the music quality being served inside my car!

I also enquired about the Sun-roof with Sai-Service, Borivali. They said it is no longer fitted by them, as they received many complaints about water-leaks - Mumbai rains are truly awesome. This is one accessory I'd guess that I need to wait for till my next car :(

The body kit looks amazing in black - it truly does - doesnt have the bulky feel of lighter shades.

12 kmpl in AT - now that's amazing value. I've managed 11.xx & 8.80 in the two measured runs I've had, with the latter being an outcome of incessant experimentation.

Also like the thought of tyre change @ 20K, doesnt sound very far away too.
Old 17th February 2010, 11:45   #10
BHPian

Congrats first. Looks smashing in black.

I have been thinking about an AT because of a left knee issue, but have been waiting for the elusive diesel hatchback with AT. I'm concerned about mileage and the increasing costs of petrol these days. The mileage you are getting is kind of encouraging me to look towards the SX4. I've been a happy Baleno owner and would want to stay with Suzukis. The impressive ground clearance of SX4 is another factor; I'm tired of my car bottoming out on bumps with 3 people on the rear seats.

The experts says deduct 10% from the ARAI figures to arrive at the exact city mileage for our kind of crawling traffic. That would put it around 10 in bumper to bumper traffic. Is my thinking correct?

Congrats again,

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by devendradesh View Post
Maruti did wonders with new improved engines. ARAI Milage for SX4 AT model is 12.7 KM/Liter & for Manual 15.5
True no AT badge Only self sastisfaction
Old 17th February 2010, 12:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats devendradesh.
Nice FE you got there.
Did you research about the cut-paste sunroof before taking the plunge? Especially as Fornax has info about them leaking etc.

P.S: bodykit looks great!
Old 17th February 2010, 12:02   #12
BHPian

Bolt from the blue this! Looks fantastic in black!!

Congrats on the purchase especially with all the mods. A little more detail re which shops you picked up stuff from (other than that from Sai itself) would help.

12 kmpl in city with AT sounds terrific considering that I only get a little over 11 with MT in city.. Hmm change in driving style indicated?
Old 17th February 2010, 12:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

@ devendradesh

Fantastic buy and even more fantastic mileage for an automatic. After your review i am sure a lot of new sedan buyers would consider SX4. Did read a lot about SX4 improvised mileage.

Please upload more interior pics and if you dont mind, can you share the OTR details of the black beauty or rather the beast.

Enjoy your drive and happy motoring.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:05   #14
BHPian

Congratulations on your new possession, keep rolling more...

Drive safe,

Wow, that's a great turnaround in Mileage for SX4, AT@12 is great indeed, is this verified from tank full-tank full?

Cheers
Raghu
Old 17th February 2010, 14:48   #15
BHPian

Congrats on ur new car. Drive safe and enjoy.
With your wife keen on driving...enjoy the luxury of being driven around. Though a core BHPian usually drives his wheels himself .

By the way during that time frame on of my friends was looking out for an SX4 and we had checked it out in MyCar. Lousy dealership for sure. They kept saying that SX4 is coming in a new design and we don't have stock. No commitment on the dates too. Finally he went to Sai Service and booked a Dzire.
I didn't have a very good experience with Sai Service when I sold my old Alto. They gave me a good price but they delayed the cheque by 4 days. It is it was tossed around to all their centres and finally ended up in the JM Road office. I promptly logged a complaint with the Maruti website and then I had like 3-4 calls from Sai and a couple of them from Delhi apologising for the delay etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks