Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 14:08   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
A very nice writeup and some good collections of pictures !!! I read all in 1 shot.

BTW, does this model have ACC? I assume the stock rim is of alloy. Am I correct?
Thanks a lot!!!

Any model of ANHC doesn't have ACC but believe me when you start driving it you don't remember you had asked for ACC. The driving pleasure is so much that one tend to forget everything, most of the time I don't even start the music system.

The V models (Both V MT - Manual and V AT - Automatic) comes with alloys.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:31   #62
BHPian

Nice write-up and liked the presentation of your ride.

Congratulations.

It's been almost 4 months now, I can say, driving it is fun.

Any plans on sun-films?
Old 25th February 2010, 05:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Nice write-up and liked the presentation of your ride.

Congratulations.

It's been almost 4 months now, I can say, driving it is fun.

Any plans on sun-films?
Thanks,

Yes, I am planning following add-ons:

1.) Sun Film: Either 3M CR70 + CR50 Combo OR CR70 + RE50 combo, price difference is around 6K which is confusing me.

2.) Headlight: Either change to Philips Extrem Power 55/60 OR Phillips Rally 90/100 with Philips/Bosch Relay.

Any suggestions are most welcome, please help me in deciding.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:04   #64
BHPian

Hey TBF,

Congratulations on your ANHC. It's a nicely put write up. Your happiness and joy is understandable and is justified. You got what you dream of.

Once you got addicted to the the S mode, I am sure that you will barely use the D mode. May be, when you are lazy or tired enough to even move your fingers, you might want to use the D mode. Also, S mode will give you better mileage.
D mode is nit boring compared to S mode and as you have noted, for a quick and crisp overtaking the D mode takes a wee bit more time to respond to your throttle inputs than in S mode. Also, in S mode you have the additional benefit of going down t 2nd/3rd gear, floor the pedal and complete the overtake.

You have taken a very good decision by upgrading to 195/60 Michelin LC. This car deserves this. It difficult to gauge why Honda did not put it as default (195/60).

On the sun film: Go for CR50 + CR70 combo. You may want to do it in two stages: go for the four windows and rear windshield with CR50 and later the front windshield with CR70.

Wish you many many miles of happy and responsible motoring.

-Pratim
Old 26th February 2010, 05:55   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Hey TBF,

Congratulations on your ANHC. It's a nicely put write up. Your happiness and joy is understandable and is justified. You got what you dream of.

Once you got addicted to the the S mode, I am sure that you will barely use the D mode. May be, when you are lazy or tired enough to even move your fingers, you might want to use the D mode. Also, S mode will give you better mileage.
D mode is nit boring compared to S mode and as you have noted, for a quick and crisp overtaking the D mode takes a wee bit more time to respond to your throttle inputs than in S mode. Also, in S mode you have the additional benefit of going down t 2nd/3rd gear, floor the pedal and complete the overtake.

You have taken a very good decision by upgrading to 195/60 Michelin LC. This car deserves this. It difficult to gauge why Honda did not put it as default (195/60).

On the sun film: Go for CR50 + CR70 combo. You may want to do it in two stages: go for the four windows and rear windshield with CR50 and later the front windshield with CR70.

Wish you many many miles of happy and responsible motoring.

-Pratim
Thanks a lot.

About 'D', 'S' and 'S mode with Shifters' (I Call it semi - auto ) , What I have read is when we use the 'S' or the 'S with shifters' on highway and dont change the gear for longer time then the car automatically switches to pure automatic mode, I am not sure, does it shifts to 'D' mode? Have you noticed that?

I will check that during the very first long highway drive I will do.
Old 26th February 2010, 08:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

TheBeast, congrats on your car. Somehow i missed replying to this thread. Polished Metal was my first choice, my wife vetoed me and went for the Bold Beige. I like BB, but i really love the color of your car! And while i am at it, a great write up and lovely pics.

Glad you found my review helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post

We know the car's meter is showing around 1 KM difference in average, another 1 could be due to upgrade to wider tyres? Experts can comment on that part.
I always find the actual reading to be 1-1.5 kmpl less than the display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I think that the city is quite a photogenic car, with a right background, it looks very stunning in polished metal, like some pics below, courtesy
Sid, brilliant snaps!

Quote:
First Ripping: By any standard that was not ripping, but I enjoyed a very short experience of same, I was in Noida city and I have found its roads very smooth. The car was in 'D' mode only and I started pressing accelerator, it started responding immediately. Within no time it was at 2.8 - 3K RPM and 100+KM speed. Wow what feeling. But my wife was with me and I had to return to my gentle way of driving.
Highly recommend following a run-in. Please check out the TBHP recommendations. You can do ripping to your hearts content post 1st service

Quote:
2.) Headlight: Either change to Philips Extrem Power 55/60 OR Phillips Rally 90/100 with Philips/Bosch Relay.
please do check with the service that you dont void any warranty if you do this. There's already this discussion in a few threads.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 26th February 2010 at 08:55.
Old 26th February 2010, 09:24   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
TheBeast, congrats on your car. Somehow i missed replying to this thread. Polished Metal was my first choice, my wife vetoed me and went for the Bold Beige. I like BB, but i really love the color of your car! And while i am at it, a great write up and lovely pics.
Thanks, Exactly opposite happened in my case, I loved the Bold Beige, but my wife has the power to select color, hence we went with Polished Metallic.
Quote:
Glad you found my review helpful.
All of your reviews are always very very helpful, keep them coming please.

Quote:
I always find the actual reading to be 1-1.5 kmpl less than the display.
Seems the same case with all. But few members commented in my thread that if we fill the petrol when its near empty like yellow light blinking, then difference is very less.

Quote:
Highly recommend following a run-in. Please check out the TBHP recommendations. You can do ripping to your hearts content post 1st service
Yeah, I am trying my best, but you better know how hard that is. This is the prime reason I am avoiding it running in 'S' mode as well, the 'D' mode is very boring and keeps RPM below 2500 mark, well that said, its already 600KM another 400 to go

Quote:
please do check with the service that you dont void any warranty if you do this. There's already this discussion in a few threads.
Hum.., I feel I am very lucky with that, my dealer and all the members there shows ample interest in my upgrades, additions. Be it Tyre upgrade to planning for headlight upgrades. Infect the accessories head suggested me some options for headlight and was ready to arrange them for me, and dont worry the charges he quoted were matching with TBHP members.

Might be the salesman and the team is happy as I shared sweets and gifted a gift to main salesman.

I am also providing them the tyre upgrade guide and sunfilm comparison excel file.

They are good friends with me now .
Old 26th February 2010, 10:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Infact the accessories head suggested me some options for headlight and was ready to arrange them for me, and dont worry the charges he quoted were matching with TBHP members.

Might be the salesman and the team is happy as I shared sweets and gifted a gift to main salesman.

I am also providing them the tyre upgrade guide and sunfilm comparison excel file.

They are good friends with me now .
Hi friend,
When you are going for the the headlight upgrade?.Please ask them whether it will void the warranty.It is said that a very powerful bulb can damage the reflector.Did they suggest Xenon?.Sales persons will get incentives for selling accessories.So don't trust them too much!.Please do all the electrical upgrades at HASS only.

Oh! you gave sweets to the whole dealership!Great.
I had also thought about that.But in the end they gave me a pack of good chocolates.

Last edited by Mevtec : 26th February 2010 at 10:18.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Hi friend,
When you are going for the the headlight upgrade?.Please ask them whether it will void the warranty.It is said that a very powerful bulb can damage the reflector.Did they suggest Xenon?.Sales persons will get incentives for selling accessories.So don't trust them too much!.Please do all the electrical upgrades at HASS only.
Warranty wont be an issue, they always say, dont worry we are here. He suggested for Xenon, but I know for that Projector assembly is must and few more thing, I am not interested in reading about all those stuff and then deciding at this moment.

Just now I want some more light, and because of complaints for powerful bulbs damaging reflector, I am confused between 55/60 and 90/100.

One of my friend has got 90/100 with relay and wiring kit in his cars and all of them are just good, no damage, he is strongly suggesting for it.

Then there are members who have just gone for Philips Extreme 55/60 and says atlest 20-30% increase in light, this is safest upgrade and no relay, wiring required.

I am still confused, I guess I will check 55/60 first and if that doesn't gives the required output, I will take chance with 90/100, but nothing more than that, Complete No - NO for 130/100.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Warranty wont be an issue, they always say, dont worry we are here. He suggested for Xenon, but I know for that Projector assembly is must and few more thing, I am not interested in reading about all those stuff and then deciding at this moment.

Just now I want some more light, and because of complaints for powerful bulbs damaging reflector, I am confused between 55/60 and 90/100.

One of my friend has got 90/100 with relay and wiring kit in his cars and all of them are just good, no damage, he is strongly suggesting for it.

Then there are members who have just gone for Philips Extreme 55/60 and says atlest 20-30% increase in light, this is safest upgrade and no relay, wiring required.

I am still confused, I guess I will check 55/60 first and if that doesn't gives the required output, I will take chance with 90/100, but nothing more than that, Complete No - NO for 130/100.
I am using Hella relay kit with Philips Rally 90/100 from 3 months in my ANHC, dont think 55/60 of philips extreme Osram NB is as bright as 90/100. And driving with stock bulbs especially in highways is bit dangerous since most cars are converted to 90/100 and they can blind you when driving opposite to them.

And after you install 90/100 dont forget to raise the headlight angle make it straighter in Zero possition. Original Angle is bit downwards since 55/60 reach is less.

Last edited by shamanth : 26th February 2010 at 10:47.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:17   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I am using Hella relay kit with Philips Rally 90/100 from 3 months in my ANHC, dont think 55/60 of philips extreme Osram NB is as bright as 90/100. And driving with stock bulbs especially in highways is bit dangerous since most cars are converted to 90/100 and they can blind you when driving opposite to them.

And after you install 90/100 dont forget to raise the headlight angle make it straighter in Zero possition. Original Angle is bit downwards since 55/60 reach is less.
Thanks a lot Samanth for your quick replies to my PMs, Now I know what I need
Old 27th February 2010, 16:27   #72
BHPian

Updates / Add-Ons

Utsav Smart Number Plates
My dealer informed me that my car has been registered and a number has been assigned. They provided me number and I ordered the Utsav Smart Number Plates, They look alike HSRP. The numbers are embosed and IND is marked on them.

Cost : 1225/- Including VAT and courier charges.
Turn around Time: I got them delivered within 24 hours.

Headlight Upgrade
After reading a lot of threads finally went ahead with Hella Relay Kit (Relay, Wiring, Ciramic Holders) and Philips Rally 90/100 Bulbs.

Cost: Hella Relay - 650/- ; Philips Rally 90/100 - 290/- ; Installation - 70/-
Total: 1010/-
Outcome: Yet to check in night time, will update in a day or 2.

My Sheldon Air Freshner
Another TBHP recommended product, Got it in 2 fragrance Lime and Lemon. He had another one 'Herb' as well, thinking of getting that one as well. This could be a great gifting option as well this summer.

Cost: 200/- each.

Japsu Car Duster
This I had already bought for my old car and now using it with current ANHC, great product to have.
The best thing is if your car is parked in somewhere in day time it will attract a lot of dust, all you need it 1-2 min and you can get rid of all of the dust very easily.
Old 1st March 2010, 10:06   #73
BHPian

Headlight Upgrade : Outcome

I am very happy post upgrade to 90/100 Philips Rally with Hella Relay Kit. Now I dont have to drive sing high beam. Low beam is more than sufficient, Now I just want some more long throw of light.

Another good thing is I am forcing all those silly drivers (using high beam all the time) to either switch to low beam or give me side. Just a flick of high beam and they are forced to give dipper or give side.
Old 1st March 2010, 10:08   #74
BHPian

I hope am not late with the Congratulations . Well done ! Hope you have many more .
Old 2nd March 2010, 07:13   #75
BHPian

2nd Tank-To-Tank AVG Calculation

Distance : 329.4 KMs
Petrol : 32.36 Ltr.
Cost : 1550 (47.89/ltr in Faridabad)

AVG : 10.18 (Round off 10.2), Not bad for an Automatic which haven't gone for its first service either as of now.

Cost / KM : INR 4.70/Ltr

Driving Pattern: 100% City where manual will be in 3/4 gear most of the time, with AC set at 2nd speed for blower and 50% cold.

Most Viewed