Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 16:51   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai View Post
Nice pictures, do you mean over turning of tyre rubs the tyre to the lower arm ? Have you visualised any damage to the inner side of tyre ?
Thanks and YES, thats what the service engineer told me. But, I am not convinced at all. And NO, as far as I could bend and see, I couldnt spot any visual damage to the right tyre.
Its due for the 2nd service (5000 KM) in another 3 weeks. So, I am reserving this for it

Thanks for your interest and asking some related questions

Prem.
Old 1st June 2010, 18:58   #167
Senior - BHPian

I really did not get the "overturning" bit, could you please elaborate, and I assume it was not there prior to your Yelagiri trip, so if it was what the service advisor told you, then it would have shown up earlier too. From the photos one can see that you are running on stock duelers, so there is no question of tyre rubbing due to upsize.
I thought that the cars came with a fixed turning radii, from what your service advisor has told you, one can increase/decrease turning radii as per requirements.

You are right in thinking of getting a second opinion, my suggestion would be to get it done asap and not wait for 3 weeks till service.
Regards,
Hari.
Old 1st June 2010, 20:17   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I really did not get the "overturning" bit, could you please elaborate, and I assume it was not there prior to your Yelagiri trip, so if it was what the service advisor told you, then it would have shown up earlier too. From the photos one can see that you are running on stock duelers, so there is no question of tyre rubbing due to upsize.
I thought that the cars came with a fixed turning radii, from what your service advisor has told you, one can increase/decrease turning radii as per requirements.

You are right in thinking of getting a second opinion, my suggestion would be to get it done asap and not wait for 3 weeks till service.
Regards,
Hari.
Today I took a test drive of a Safari before finalizing my purchase and I was accompanied by a Service Advisor who told me that they can indeed increase and decrease the turning radius of the Safari.
Old 2nd June 2010, 06:03   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post

Regards,
Hari.
Yes, I am running on stock tires only. And YES, service folks can adjust the turning radii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Today I took a test drive of a Safari before finalizing my purchase and I was accompanied by a Service Advisor who told me that they can indeed increase and decrease the turning radius of the Safari.
Infact, not "One", "Any" one can do it Its just a bolt-nut kind of thing as I looked down to what he was doing !

Prem.
Old 10th June 2010, 21:08   #170
BHPian

Anyone has this feature in their Safari (2.2 or 3.0) ?

PARKING LOT CAR-LOCATOR

The Safari Dicor sports a convenient feature for locating your car at night in parking lots. The remote unlocking operation brings on the roof light, which stays on for 5 seconds before fading out

It should be awesome to have the roof (or roof-sides) glow.
I couldnt find this in my 2010 Safari - VX :(

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 08:11   #171
Senior - BHPian

When you unlock your vehicle, the cabin lights do turn on for few second.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:22   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Anyone has this feature in their Safari (2.2 or 3.0) ?

PARKING LOT CAR-LOCATOR

The Safari Dicor sports a convenient feature for locating your car at night in parking lots. The remote unlocking operation brings on the roof light, which stays on for 5 seconds before fading out

It should be awesome to have the roof (or roof-sides) glow.
I couldnt find this in my 2010 Safari - VX :(

Prem.
You have the "S"earch button on the remote, it flashes the indicators once pressed, but the problem is, the reach of the OEM remote is quite short, Safari being a tall vehicle, I can see it in the parking lot before the remote reaches it operatable distance.

Another way to overcome this is, if you put the roof light to auto-on when door is opened position, it will also lightup when you unlock the Safari. So to search, just unlock it and you will see the light at a distance.

Last edited by dadu : 11th June 2010 at 11:24.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 11:30   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
...Another way to overcome this is, if you put the roof light to auto-on when door is opened position, it will also lightup when you unlock the Safari...
Forgot this point. The lights switch must be in the middle, that is in the auto-on mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You have the "S"earch button on the remote, it flashes the indicators once pressed, but the problem is, the reach of the OEM remote is quite short, Safari being a tall vehicle, I can see it in the parking lot before the remote reaches it operatable distance...
So true! The reach is pathetic! I would have understood it as a safety feature if we had keyless entry, but not with the current setup! What were they thinking!
Old 11th June 2010, 19:26   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Also a fact that has remained constant in our ownerships of the safaris is the service part.every service has been bang on time with oil and oil filters replaced every 5000kms.And i don't care what the manual says.Our cars have lasted all this only because of the timely services and regular oil changes.
I cannot agree more with the point made above.
Also, for best results --* and this is strictly 'my strong feeling' after having done close to 3.5 lac kms in Tata Safaris *--, the vehicle should do majority of the running in highway mode.

Again this truck like build feeling also leads me to believe why the vehicle can be so delicate (prone to irritating issues) and tough (can take a lot of road abuse) at the same time.
Old 13th June 2010, 09:53   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Forgot this point. The lights switch must be in the middle, that is in the auto-on mode.
Does this mean I should put the cabin lights in middle position that would lit up when I open any of the 5 doors ?
I tried with all the 3 lights in middle position, but nothing lit up on-top while pressing "S" button. Only all the turn lights are flashing for 3 times.
Let me know if there is any other control that I should put in "Auto" mode.

[New edit] OK, seems like my misunderstanding. I assumed some light/flashing would come up on top of roof (I mean, outside) when it was so specifically mentioned as "parking lot locator" and "roof light". I thought "roof" is something referred to outside area
IIRC, the cabin light coming up while remote unlock or search is there in my 2004 Marina itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
So true! The reach is pathetic! I would have understood it as a safety feature if we had keyless entry, but not with the current setup! What were they thinking!
Yes, especially, I am used to "Auto-cop" central locking + Power Windows combo where in after I switch off and get down, if I press the lock button in remote, it will lock all the doors and also roll up all the windows.
It really took around a month's time for me to get adjusted to "roll up" the windows and then, shut off the engine in Safari. I just use this time for engine cool-off time

Btw, http://www.safaridicor.com/specifica...ifications.asp says all but LX has "Key less Entry with Parking lot car-locator" !!! Seems like, "Key less entry" term is used left & right in India. Some use it for regular remote lock/unlock, while only very few really has it where based on the proximity, the door unlocks automatically !
OR
My understanding is wrong :(

Prem.

Last edited by kaviprem : 13th June 2010 at 10:06.
Old 24th June 2010, 21:33   #176
BHPian

Hello Kaviprem, In your earlier posts you had written about a problem that when you turned the steering you heard a noise. I too had similar problem in my Grande. In my case they were the Discs of the brakes. They were completely damaged. I suggest that you should get the Discs checked. I think they are the ones creating the sound.

Thanks
Old 25th June 2010, 07:58   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Hello Kaviprem, In your earlier posts you had written about a problem that when you turned the steering you heard a noise. I too had similar problem in my Grande. In my case they were the Discs of the brakes. They were completely damaged. I suggest that you should get the Discs checked. I think they are the ones creating the sound.

Thanks
You are scaring me now :( I will have this checked up quick. Thanks HR.

Prem.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:20   #178
BHPian

Hello Kaviprem one more thing I forgot to tell you that the pressure pipe was also damaged and had leakage due to the damaged Discs. I suggest you should get both these things checked Discs and Pressure pipe.

Regards
Old 25th June 2010, 11:37   #179
BHPian

Hello Kaviprem. I do not know what it is called Pressure pipe or something else, you should get this pipe also checked for any damages.
Old 25th June 2010, 15:45   #180
BHPian

Thanks HR. Appreciate you showing concern here.
But, I dont see any leakage on the floor. So, I assume, those are OK. Still, I would check it up.

Thanks again, Prem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks