Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 22:18   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post

I have got this done for my Safari when I purchased it, not of much value but for aesthetics, I keep getting it redone when I give it for service, antiscratch is just B.S.

I would recommend this for any Tata vehicle, this really prevents rust formation and acts as a sound dampner to a certain extent. If you are getting it done, insist on Wurth and please personally supervise the application.
Thanks Lukeskywalker. Appreciate your response.

Whats the "aesthetic" value we see if "Anti-scratch" coating is done ? AND if you think its just BS, why do you get this done in every service ?

What exactly is that "Wurth" ?

Prem.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:30   #197
Senior - BHPian

@Kavi,

1. No

2. Absolutely yes.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
...Whats the "aesthetic" value we see if "Anti-scratch" coating is done ? AND if you think its just BS, why do you get this done in every service ?

What exactly is that "Wurth" ?...
Who ever told that it is done at every service. I think the SA might be referring to the touch-up that has to be done at 6 months interval and not necessarily during service. But again, not worth it. Do it after couple of years.

Wurth - company name. They have tie-up, or rather, their products are also promoted by TASS along with 3M for these treatments.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 11th August 2010 at 22:37.
Old 12th August 2010, 08:29   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats the "aesthetic" value we see if "Anti-scratch" coating is done ? AND if you think its just BS, why do you get this done in every service ?
Kavi, if you read my post I said I get teflon coating done, this is a service provided by 3M and you get 3 coupons once you avail of the service, so basically everytime I have given my Safari for service, it is more or less due for the next application. That is what I meant by "getting it done at every service", I have availed of the same service for my Optra too and the gloss even after 4 years is worth availing the 3M teflon coating (Paint protection package).
I said the antiscratch is B.S.

P.S.
I have got complimentary 3M polishes done on my Safari twice courtesy Prerana motors. This is other than the regular coupon service.
Old 12th August 2010, 18:10   #199
BHPian

Thanks again both of you - Lukeskywalker and HappyWheels

I have gone ahead with Anti-rust coating.
The Teflon coating is costing 5K + tax !!! Is it that expensive ???

Prem.
Old 12th August 2010, 18:19   #200
Senior - BHPian

^^ Teflon at 5k + taxes???

More reason to skip it. But, if you really want to do it, check with an outside shop. This is definitely (IMO) on a very high side.

And what makes me think is that teflon coating is often pushed by the dealers during sales as a freebie. I am sure they would not push so much if the actual cost was 5k+!
Old 13th August 2010, 17:04   #201
Senior - BHPian

It does cost 5k from 3M, that is for the entire package, now whether it is essential or not is an individual choice.
Old 15th August 2010, 07:03   #202
BHPian

2nd service - 5500 KMs

All right, my Beast is out of the Concorde motors after the 2nd (5K) service.

Clutch "ting" sound (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1741868) which was termed as spring noise during the vehicle delivery and also in 1st service was resolved. It was due to the broken bracket and changed.

Turning radius problem that KHT created due to my report of noise while turning extreme right is fixed. I need to watch out if I hear any more noise. Now, I feel like the turning radius is back to how it was originally.

Anti-rust coating was done and got the 5 yrs warranty card/book and a car-shampoo free as well as an offer !

Cleaning quality [interior & exterior] - 99% good and no grease left-over. The remaining 1% is towards some "black" spots left over in the alloys and am sure I would be able to remove it off myself.

Tire rotation was done.
Only one concern I saw while taking the delivery last evening was something rubbed off the front tire (see image below) and I am pretty sure it was not there earlier unless the sides of the tire were also changed as part of rotation. But, as told by the service advisor, they dont change the tire sides.
I had the SA noted this down in my final bill and need to take it up sometime later. I dont know how/what the impact would be. Any suggestion/recommendation ?

Overall, I am satisfied with the service quality and the job done/explained to me

Prem.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-14082010339.jpg  

Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-14082010340.jpg  

kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2010, 17:32   #203
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kavi, from the photo it looks like some of the antirust coating has been sprayed on inadvertantly onto your tyres, check for spots on the body as well, I'm sure it can be removed with a solvent based solution.
Old 15th August 2010, 20:06   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hi Kavi, from the photo it looks like some of the antirust coating has been sprayed on inadvertantly onto your tyres, check for spots on the body as well, I'm sure it can be removed with a solvent based solution.
Awesome guess and yes, it could be the case ! When I tried to remove it myself, it was coming out like a sticky, rubber kinda thing. But, you could be right.
Nothing on body and I have checked all the visible portion (top) very well

Let me try with a solvent or tire shampoo to remove them.

Thanks Lukeskywalker.

Prem.
Old 15th August 2010, 20:18   #205
Senior - BHPian

To my naked eyes, they look like sidewall cuts on the tyre, which they have tried to cover up using rubber solution and your statement that something rubbery came out while you were trying to remove it adds confidence to this suspect. Check my marking on the picture. You can use a paint thinner to remove the rubber solution and confirm.

Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-untitled.jpg

Last edited by dadu : 15th August 2010 at 20:20.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2010, 16:56   #206
BHPian

booked

Hi Kaviprem and others,

I have booked Safari Gx Cyrus Grey and should be getting it in 2 weeks time.

Question as to what accessories should I go far

a) Dealer is suggesting horn. It did sound feeble during TD. However I am not sure to choose this.

b) Bull bar. Again dealer is suggesting, I am not inclined.

I am thinking about gear lock, plus better headlamps and 3M film.

What about the audio system. Missing USB drive option seems to be stupid.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:12   #207
Senior - BHPian

@Druva:

a) Dump this idea; stock horn is effective enough.

b) Unless you are not getting anything else, take the bar and keep it at home! Since you are not inclined towards it, suggest you ask them for cash discount in lieu of this.

Great Lock - do you really need it? The immobilizer is a good enough deterrent. I doubt if TASS will do the headlight work.

Sun film - good choice.

Audio - agree on the lack of USB option. I use a FM modulator to work around this.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:22   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Hi Kaviprem and others,

I have booked Safari Gx Cyrus Grey and should be getting it in 2 weeks time.

Question as to what accessories should I go far

a) Dealer is suggesting horn. It did sound feeble during TD. However I am not sure to choose this.

b) Bull bar. Again dealer is suggesting, I am not inclined.

I am thinking about gear lock, plus better headlamps and 3M film.

What about the audio system. Missing USB drive option seems to be stupid.
First of all, Congratulations !!!
I almost agree with HW, have a different view on bull bar. I personally like this (Tata Safari - Safari DICOR) and since you are going with GX, there shouldnt be a problem with Airbag deployment.

Btw, what do you mean by "dealer suggesting" ? If you are getting for free, you can definitely get the nudge guard and Sun-film (provided its a LUMAR).

Good luck on your waiting period

Prem.
Old 7th September 2010, 00:00   #209
BHPian

Bangalore folks, please advice

Hi,

Going for a Safari TD at Bangalore Dairy Circle Concorde Motors Tue 7-Sep. I have been spending late nights on this forum especially the recent purchase experiences from Prem and Bose. Thanks, helps much.

I need some tip on the discounts to look for, the sales guy there tells me there is none available other than the corporate discounts which is about 6K and 4K worth of freebies. Tata slashed some 50K and that's why no discount it seems.

4x4 is made to order, so a waiting period of 4 - 6 weeks is what claimed by that sales exec.

Thanks,
Mahesh
Old 7th September 2010, 06:06   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
Hi,

Going for a Safari TD at Bangalore Dairy Circle Concorde Motors Tue 7-Sep. I have been spending late nights on this forum especially the recent purchase experiences from Prem and Bose. Thanks, helps much.

I need some tip on the discounts to look for, the sales guy there tells me there is none available other than the corporate discounts which is about 6K and 4K worth of freebies. Tata slashed some 50K and that's why no discount it seems.

4x4 is made to order, so a waiting period of 4 - 6 weeks is what claimed by that sales exec.

Thanks,
Mahesh
4X4 waiting period is true. However, based on your colour requirement and seriousness being shown, you can ask them to check it up with the plant. Incase if its available in plant, then, it should be a max of 10 days.

Regarding the discount, I think, thats all would be for Safari. So, whats the OTR they say now ?

Btw, I recd your PM and I will call you later today, Sep 7, 2010.

Good luck !
Prem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks