Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 22:27   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
In my case, I am dealing with totally new recruits and coincidentally at both places. Nandeesh (supposedly senior guy) has quit Prerana.

@HW & @Prem:
What is it like owning/driving a 4x4. Does it help? When putting to sale, 4x4 or 4x2 doesn't matter :-( So, conscious of saving some 1.5L, but don't know my loss if I don't choose a 4x4.
New recruits? Lucky (!!!) you! Sad that Nandeesh has moved on; he was a nice person to deal with.

As for 4x4 :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
... The 4 wheel drive option is totally your call, if you think you will be using the car on terrains which a normal vehicle cannot easily traverse, then maybe you will use the 4wd option, if your driving is only on highways and on city roads, then it does not really make sense to go in for a 4wd option...
Here is my story of my 4x4 usage - 7 times! 3 times for offroading, 2 times at the beach, once near my brothers place to show him how it works and finally, once for parking in a no-mans-land!

So, is this worth ~1.5laks more? Even though I am not fully utilizing it, yes, I fell happy going in for the 4x4, especially when, on a normal outing, you are able to go where others hesitate, that is what puts a grin to your face & makes it totally worth it!

But having said that, would suggest you really give it a good thought. Selling a 4x4 will not get you any extra money. If you are not able to convince yourself 110%, then 4x2 it should be.

You can check out few travelogues of ADC to know what a stock 4x2 can do!
Old 15th September 2010, 09:02   #227
BANNED

I agree with what HW and LSW have said but my point here is this:

When you are buying a vehicle, go for the best variant you can afford to buy, comfortably, so that you are satisfied in totality. You may not use the 4WD frequently but the satisfaction of having one is worth it. Also, unlike the older days, the FE or performance of the vehicle is not hampered due to the presence of the additional transfer case, front half axles and the works.

And of course, it helps to show off too.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:35   #228
BHPian

4x4 it is

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...x2-4x4-ex.html did the swing.

I currently own Palio 1.2 Sport Nv, which is fully loaded, but what I missed was the 1.6, cannot express much of my regrets. You guys know it better. So, don't want to be in the same situation, that's why sought opinions.

I for sure dream of driving to Mansarovar and Dhanushkodi, which will redeem my 1.5L. I hope I realize it by 2012.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:54   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
AMC covering consumables ? Its weird !
Also, do you mean to say you are getting this in effective 7K (instead of 3M) ?
If so, I am sure this would be better deal since the OIL change/FILTER would be like a couple of thousands [if I am right].

Good one then.
Prem.
I have also got deal along with AMC. AMC would cover consumables for 2 years period or 20K. It costed me 3.5K approx. I think this is good deal. But during service we have to keep watch, whether they replaced all consumable or not?

Those who are buying Safari must give one chance at KHT Motors. I feel they will give you best offer than Prerna and Concorde.
Old 15th September 2010, 10:04   #230
BHPian

KHT Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Those who are buying Safari must give one chance at KHT Motors. I feel they will give you best offer than Prerna and Concorde.
It's quite far from my office (Dairy Circle) or home (JP Nagar) location, but will give it a shot. Should I ask for someone specifically?
Old 15th September 2010, 10:43   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...I for sure dream of driving to Mansarovar and Dhanushkodi, which will redeem my 1.5L. I hope I realize it by 2012.
Dream of driving to Dhanushkodi? SG - 4x4 it has to be. If a little bit of stretching is required, then (easy for me to say) stretch!

And Dhanuskodi is on my agenda; gotta do it sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
...Those who are buying Safari must give one chance at KHT Motors. I feel they will give you best offer than Prerna and Concorde.
New dealer and trying to make a mark, so they will. The best thing to do is to get Prerana, Concord and KHT into the sales game and take the best deal. It is your money that you are saving.

Quote:
It's quite far from my office (Dairy Circle) or home (JP Nagar) location, but will give it a shot. Should I ask for someone specifically?
Ask the sales guy to come down to a place of your convinience. The only time you might want to go to their showroom might be to pay the booking amount and to take delivery. PDI will be done at their yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
...When you are buying a vehicle, go for the best variant you can afford to buy, comfortably, so that you are satisfied in totality. You may not use the 4WD frequently but the satisfaction of having one is worth it. Also, unlike the older days, the FE or performance of the vehicle is not hampered due to the presence of the additional transfer case, front half axles and the works...
+1 to the highlighted note.

And yes, absolutely no affect on FE. Hell, infact, I seems to be getting better FE than 4x2's, provided I drive it like Captain Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
...And of course, it helps to show off too.
FOr that, you just need to buy only the sticker! LOL!
Old 15th September 2010, 11:13   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
While doing TD, I found an inch or 2 play in the steering, is this usual?
I did a TD on the Safari at KHT motors, and pointed out the same to fellow member unni.ak who was along with me. There was considerable play in the steering, and i felt it was kinda unusual. However, the owners can confirm if this is specific to few samples or a regular case.
Old 15th September 2010, 11:19   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
... However, the owners can confirm if this is specific to few samples or a regular case.
Benny: here you go ..... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
...About the steering play - NO, I dont have any such so far. May be, its that one test vehicle which could have been abused !...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
...For the steering play, might be a abused vehicle you TD'd...
Old 15th September 2010, 11:24   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have also got deal along with AMC. AMC would cover consumables for 2 years period or 20K. It costed me 3.5K approx.
Anuj, recheck on the AMC, this was offered to me by Prerana during one of my services, I think it is 2 years or 30k kms, not 20k, don't lose out on 10k kms unless that is the norm.

@ sgmitr13 and benny
Quote:
While doing TD, I found an inch or 2 play in the steering, is this usual?

Quote:
did a TD on the Safari at KHT motors, and pointed out the same to fellow member unni.ak who was along with me. There was considerable play in the steering, and i felt it was kinda unusual. However, the owners can confirm if this is specific to few samples or a regular case.

After being used to a hatch or sedan, the steering feel is different in a Safari, there is some play, this is more than your regular cars, nothing strange about it, it's a matter of getting used to.
Old 15th September 2010, 11:39   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Anuj, recheck on the AMC, this was offered to me by Prerana during one of my services, I think it is 2 years or 30k kms, not 20k, don't lose out on 10k kms unless that is the norm.
Thanks I will re-check with KHT.

One question came in my mind, Is the AMC is trap for Servicing? Means, once I get AMC from KHT, Is the same AMC is valid in other service center as well?
Old 15th September 2010, 14:04   #236
Senior - BHPian

AMC is offered irrespective of the dealer from whom the car was purchased, it is extended by TML and not by the dealer. Yes, I suppose dealer gets some incentive from the company for selling AMC.

I did not opt for it as I knew i would be crossing 30k kms within the year and would definitely not be anticipating parts failures within the first year, I asked them to give me a 3 year unlimited mileage contract, they were unwilling to do that. They did offer me a deal which I did not like as it would mean treading on the unethical path.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 15th September 2010 at 14:08.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:05   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For JP nagar, check with Concorde motors on KR road. They are a small branch and might be proactive.
Old 17th September 2010, 23:03   #238
BHPian

Finally!

Going with KHP motors.

KHT: 15K cash discount + basic accessories (cheap rubber based mats)
Prerana: 3K cash discount + basic accessories (carpet mats) + sun film
Concorde: basic accessories + sun film
The above apart from TML's corp discount.

4x4 being made to order, need more connections to negotiate for discount.
There's an offer of 1K gift voucher today, but had to pass.

KHT threw a googly by demanding full payment to place a booking. The sales guy later clarified that a token advance is enough to book.

KHT's yard is at Peenya (Bangalore), is it too far for PDI? Salesman says my presence wouldn't be required.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:05   #239
BHPian

PDI for Safari

Team: Need your help. KHT says that they will try to get my 4x4 within this month. Can someone help me redirect to the correct thread discussing on Safari PDI? My search yields too many hits. Sorry, but thanks in advance.

As I mentioned in the previous post, their yard is in Peenya. I also seen Bose's picture of himself in a yard doing certain PDI. Is that required, or is it enough to do at the showroom just before delivery?
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:41   #240
BANNED

Quote:
As I mentioned in the previous post, their yard is in Peenya. I also seen Bose's picture of himself in a yard doing certain PDI. Is that required, or is it enough to do at the showroom just before delivery?
@sgmitr I know the area at Peenya sgmitr and I had gone there once to do the PDI for lukeskywalker's 4x4 GX(though that was the Prerana Yard) almost an year ago. It is very essential to do the PDI at the yard once the vehicle arrives. Do not listen to whatever the salesman says. You may need to be a bit assertive about doing the PDI, but it is worth it.

PM me if you need any more inputs to check on specific things.

Last edited by n.devdath : 22nd September 2010 at 12:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks