Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 20:11   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Congrats and dont worry, just drive normally and this can be taken care during the first checkup(if persists), a bleed of the clutch lines would help.
Thanks Dadu, I actually, asked the dealer about this and the explanation was "the clutch spring that is expanded while pressing" and this fairly answers my question on TING sound given that spring would be brand new

Btw, while I was evaluating b/w Safari & Innova, I remember the Innova sales guy told me that all 3 pedals in all Toyota vehicles are not operated based on its physical action or any physical connection (I am not sure if I got that right) to it. But, I was told that based on the pressure with which its pressed, the right action is performed !

May be, this is the difference b/w Safari & Innova in this area

Prem.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:15   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I understand. This is a good amount of delay and this should NOT happen at all. Even if the vehicle has to be manufactured, it should NOT take more than 1 month time. Thats my understanding when I went through a whole lot of TATA process during my Safari purchase. I will PM you the netx higher authority eMail Id and I am sure, he would help you.

Btw, whats the color that you chose in GX and who is the sales-rep (Srinivas or Ashok or ....) ? I am assuming you are dealing with Dairy circle branch of CM.

If it took only 1 week for your vehicle delivery, then, yours was available in plant readily and they just had to ship it out. So, yours is totally a different case.
Cancelling the booking is not going to help here. KHT in Bangalore already in bad-shape as far as I know. So, its better to stay with Concorde being a TATA direct dealership though they work (somewhat) like a government organization.

True, no point in switching the dealership. I would say, wait, but make sure to lock the final pricing.

VIN can be given to customer only when the vehicle is ready to marched in from the plant (meaning, put in queue for shipment). I tried the same in Dec 2009 to lock the price with the "Free" insurance offer saying that get me the VIN as soon as Plant starts manufacturing and working on chasis, etc ... They had a point here - Only after all the QC's that they perform, it would be invoiced to the concerned dealer and then ready for marching in. Only then, the dealer can lock in the price.
Any price change till the point vehicle is marching in for shipment, will be on the purchaser. Its not going to be the same price as that of "booking" time.
However, in this case (like Arjit mentionted above), the KA registration and VAT is increasing. So, this price hike can also be NOT effected (or locked in the dealer) since this pricing would be on the RTO receipt. So, this can not be avoided.

Bose, Dont worry, I will PM you the further contacts. You should get better help. If you are willing to share your personal or contact number, PM me. I can try helping here.

Prem.

@kaviprem: Brother, thats what i have said regarding the VIN. VIN can only be supplied when the vehicle is ready in the plant for shipping.

If it ain't ready in the plant itself, there is little for the customer to do.

Regarding the increment in price, while booking my GX with the invoice amount (Rs. 50,000), I confirmed with the dealer regarding the bearer of any possible price increment between booking and delivery.

That's when the dealer informed me, if booking is done with the minimum booking amount (Rs. 10000), we don't get any VIN number and also, any increment in the price before delivery taking place will have to be borne by me. A minimum booking amount will only book the said make, model and variant in the customer's name but not any particular vehicle.

Where as, if booked with a minimum invoice amount (Rs. 50000) a particular vehicle of the concerned make, model, variant is booked in the customer's name, against which we is allotted a VIN number (if the vehicle is ready in the plant). Primarily, the invoice amount confirms the price at which the customer is to take delivery of the vehicle, the price at the time of booking.

This is not my opinion but, what the dealer has said me. So I am not in a position to bet against these words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is not true my friend. You pay the price in effect when your vehicle is invoiced. The vehicle can be invoiced only after the factory gives the chasis/engine number.
Yeah you are correct.
Maybe my I wasn't very clear in my post but, what i meant was, booking with the minimum invoice amount means invoicing the vehicle at the price agreed upon at the time of booking by paying the minimum booking by invoice amount (Rs. 50000). This is what i had done.

To elaborate, i have purchased my vehicle under the December 2009 scheme where, Tata Motors were bearing the 1st year insurance premium and extended warranty amount.

I did not have any intention to purchase this vehicle this soon but, the discount offered pushed me. Now, arrangements with my financer actually consumed some time and I could only book the vehicle on the last day of the offer.

I was intending to book it with very minimum amount. On enquiring, the sales guy hence said, the minimum amount to be booked with is Rs. 10000 however, on booking with this amount, my vehicle will not be locked at that price (discounted) and i will have to pay the normal price while invoicing it and also the increments if any.

He then told, in order to avoid any price increments and also get the discounted price at the time of delivery in January, i would have to book with a minimum invoice booking amount of Rs. 50000. That's what i had opted for.

Though the sales manager asked for an invoice amount of Rs. 100,000 he later agreed at Rs. 50,000. Right in front of me, he locked the vehicle, and drew me the receipt, booking the vehicle at a price tag of Rs. 10,80,000 (the then price of GX 4x4).

Last edited by Dippy : 8th March 2010 at 09:55. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 7th March 2010, 21:25   #63
BHPian

OK - Here comes the first problem that slightly increases my heart beat !
Refer to the picture below (MIL) and this indicator came ON while I was driving around 60 kmph.
Just few seconds prior to this light coming up, I felt like "AIR LOCK" where engine missed beats though I was pressing gas pedal.

The only unusual condition was Fuel level was pretty LOW and I should have filled in little earlier, but didnt do.

Just in front of a petrol bunk, vehicle STOPPED by itself with a jerk (same Air lock feeling). It was just about 10 feet before the pump. So, got some help from those guys and moved it to get some 20 Litres of Diesel.

Meanwhile, I was guessing, it could be bcoz of the Diesel being almost empty, hence, I opened the bonnet and cleared up the air using the manual pump. Refer to "Engine compartment" image - Is this called "Priming Pump" ?

I pumped around 10 times and engine cranked successfully and light went off.

Now, I am little skeptical about the explanation on MIL (1st image). Any help please ?

Prem.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-mil.jpg  

Tata Safari VX 4X4 - 2010 variant-engine-comp.jpg  

kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2010, 21:29   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
He then told, in order to avoid any price increments and also get the discounted price at the time of delivery in January, i would have to book with a minimum invoice booking amount of Rs. 50000. That's what i had opted for.

Though the sales manager asked for an invoice amount of Rs. 100,000 he later agreed at Rs. 50,000. Right in front of me, he locked the vehicle, and drew me the receipt, booking the vehicle at a price tag of Rs. 10,80,000 (the then price of GX 4x4).
If I got my preferred color of Cycus Grey in VX 4X4, I would have done the same thing. However, Bangalore Concorde Motors asked me for full EX showroom price as booking amount to lock the price. Basically, if the vehicle was ready to shipped out from plant, they would have invoiced it in my name during the offer period though the actual delivery would have been only on Jan 2010.
Anyway, I am now happy on my waiting since it was a face lift version, though with additional 50K !

Prem.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:08   #65
BHPian

@ Prem: Even i didn't get my preferred colour. I wanted the Mountain Green but could get it by no means. That caused me some amount of regrets (as to not booking earlier) for a few days until 1 fine day, when the vehicle had arrived at the dealer's workshop and I actually went there with no other purpose but to have a glimpse of my love. No doubt, Pearl white too mesmerizes !

@ Bose: Brother, which colour did you opt for?
Old 7th March 2010, 22:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK - Here comes the first problem that slightly increases my heart beat !
Refer to the picture below (MIL) and this indicator came ON while I was driving around 60 kmph.
Just few seconds prior to this light coming up, I felt like "AIR LOCK" where engine missed beats though I was pressing gas pedal.

The only unusual condition was Fuel level was pretty LOW and I should have filled in little earlier, but didnt do.

Just in front of a petrol bunk, vehicle STOPPED by itself with a jerk (same Air lock feeling). It was just about 10 feet before the pump. So, got some help from those guys and moved it to get some 20 Litres of Diesel.

Meanwhile, I was guessing, it could be bcoz of the Diesel being almost empty, hence, I opened the bonnet and cleared up the air using the manual pump. Refer to "Engine compartment" image - Is this called "Priming Pump" ?

I pumped around 10 times and engine cranked successfully and light went off.

Now, I am little skeptical about the explanation on MIL (1st image). Any help please ?

Prem.
You let the Safari to miss its heatbeat, infact stopped it, my suggestion "DON'T" let it happen again. As soon as you get the low fuel warning light to glow, fillup immediately. Yes,that's the priming pump, you used it appropriately.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:29   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...The only unusual condition was Fuel level was pretty LOW and I should have filled in little earlier, but didnt do.

Just in front of a petrol bunk, vehicle STOPPED by itself with a jerk (same Air lock feeling). It was just about 10 feet before the pump. So, got some help from those guys and moved it to get some 20 Litres of Diesel...
Prem,

Why run it so low! Now you know why you got the error sign. And please don't let this happen often; 65 liters gives you ample time to refill before running out.

Quote:
If I got my preferred color of Cycus Grey in VX 4X4, I would have done the same thing. However, Bangalore Concorde Motors asked me for full EX showroom price as booking amount to lock the price...
Not sure of the validity of what the SA mentioned to Arijit of the 10k vs 50k booking, but as per the terms of booking, the price charged is the prevailing price at the time of delivery.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:35   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Attaching photos as I dont see a way of "Editing" my first (opening) message of this thread. Let me know how to do that please.

I will upload better photos tomorrow morning - both interior & exterior.

Prem.
Congrats. Your ride looks cool, and your baby angel looks sooo cute.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:41   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The best way to drive this car is to upshift a notch below 2500rpm. so when you reach higher gear you are around 1900 or so,
I always follow this logic.
Lets say I am in gear "X".
If while driving RPM falls below 1500, I shift to X-1 if it rises above 23-2400, I shift to X+1
I have a doubt, Diesel engines are more efficient in lower rpm. So should we let the engine to reach 2400rpm. Instead upshift can be done @2000rpm with out any problem, so more juice can be squeezed out isn't. Correct if I am wrong.

Oops, Sorry mods for back to back post

Last edited by vaisakhr : 7th March 2010 at 22:57.
Old 8th March 2010, 06:03   #70
BHPian

Thanks Happywheels & Dadu. Yes, I know, I waited for too long to fill up Diesel :( Will take care.

This is exactly what I like in TBHP. None cares whose vehicle it is... But, taking a ride on owners when a vehicle is ill-treated or not maintained good I like this and Thanks again.

Vasiakhr, Thanks. For a moment, I thought you were referring "Safari" as "baby angel" ! I got it. Thanks again.

Prem.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:25   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@arjit:

Vehicle can be invoiced only after you get the engine/chasis number. This are mentioned on the invoice and needed for registration. Paying a booking amount is not the same invoicing a car.

Quote:
If I got my preferred color of Cycus Grey in VX 4X4, I would have done the same thing. However, Bangalore Concorde Motors asked me for full EX showroom price as booking amount to lock the price. Basically, if the vehicle was ready to shipped out from plant, they would have invoiced it in my name during the offer period though the actual delivery would have been only on Jan 2010.
Anyway, I am now happy on my waiting since it was a face lift version, though with additional 50K !

Prem.
Exactly. In order to Invoice the vehicle has to be manufactured, the engine/chasis number has to be obtained and full amount paid to lock in the price.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 8th March 2010 at 10:28.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:33   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@arjit:

Vehicle can be invoiced only after you get the engine/chasis number. This are mentioned on the invoice and needed for registration. Paying a booking amount is not the same invoicing a car.

Exactly. In order to Invoice the vehicle has to be manufactured, the engine/chasis number has to be obtained and full amount paid to lock in the price.

I did get my engine and chasis number right after booking brother. I wasn't required to make full payment in order to lock my vehicle or get the VIN.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:38   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I did get my engine and chasis number right after booking brother. I wasn't required to make full payment in order to lock my vehicle or get the VIN.
All right. Lets reserve this post for me
May be, Arjit - you are special Just kidding. Dont take it to heart please. Usually, it doesnt happen this way as far as rest of us in TBHP went through a booking/purchase.

Prem.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:42   #74
BHPian

Quote:
All right. Lets reserve this post for me
May be, Arjit - you are special Just kidding. Dont take it to heart please. Usually, it doesnt happen this way as far as rest of us in TBHP went through a booking/purchase.

Prem.
Referring to you peoples' experiences, I now know that it doesn't happen that way. Maybe I was lucky enough or this is the scenario in Bengal. Anyways, as you mentioned, this is your thread and this discussion should be indeed diverted back.
Old 8th March 2010, 18:53   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
If you got your engine/chasis number it means your vehicle was already made. Then why is delivery taking so long? There is definitely something wrong here. If you vehicle is ready, it should be shipped to the dealer in about 10 to 14 days. Tata definitely owes you an explanation for this.

Most Viewed