Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 17:38   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I doubt if Bangy gets hotter than Kerala. I have never used blower at the 3rd even when fully loaded. If I have people on rear ( adults at boot area too) the overhead is kept at level 2 speed and the main at level 2 speed. Cooling never was an issue.

But then, my car is heavily tinted for rear and back.

Safari never came with 17inch.
JK, Bangalore shouldnt be hotter than Kerala, but we never know Its now reaching 35 already in Bangalore and its really pathetic for the last 2 or 3 weeks.
Anyway, like you mentioned "Heavy tint" could be an advantage, but, I dont prefer them.

You are right - Safari never CAME with 17" alloys, but I was referring to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-new-pics.html where few of our experts guess it MIGHT COME with it based on wheel arch, etc ...

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2010, 09:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The blower sound is indeed irritating at higher setting
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
  • A/C - Slow fan speed in 2 and too noisy in 3rd. So, had to avoid it just for noise unless very needed (around mid-day)
You haven't experienced the blower noise in 1st generation Wagon-R.
In comparison, Safari is like a coy bride on her wedding night.

-BJ
Old 17th March 2010, 17:59   #93
BHPian

Prem,
What is your experience with the clutch?
Any change in feel so far?

-
Bose

PS - My Safari has been released from Pune. Should have it sometime next week.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:12   #94
BHPian

wow !! now thats something exciting Bose !!!
Old 17th March 2010, 18:19   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bose View Post
Prem,
What is your experience with the clutch?
Any change in feel so far?

-
Bose

PS - My Safari has been released from Pune. Should have it sometime next week.
For the 1st week, I had a different feel since I migrated from Petrol to Diesel.
Now, I find Safari's clutch very comfortable and when I take my other (petrol) vehicle (occasionally), I find it ODD :(

And finally, a good/solid news on your safari. If everything goes well, you should be able to create your thread in TBHP in 10 days time

Good luck !
Prem.
Old 18th March 2010, 07:56   #96
BHPian

Successfully going in for the first service. Hopefully, its comes back today itself.

Prem.
Old 18th March 2010, 10:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

They do almost nothing in the first service. Just checks and top-ups, if required.

A 30 minutes work which they do for the whole day! When taking back the vehicle, check for marking by the grease monkeys. Would be hard for them not to be there; so get them cleaned.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:01   #98
BHPian

Quote:
They do almost nothing in the first service. Just checks and top-ups, if required.

A 30 minutes work which they do for the whole day! When taking back the vehicle, check for marking by the grease monkeys. Would be hard for them not to be there; so get them cleaned.
Expected something like this Thanks.
Old 19th March 2010, 06:12   #99
BHPian

1st service

Folks, Successfully, taken the vehicle sharp @ 6:00 PM, the same day !

Things done/covered
1. 1st service check list - All oil/water levels & top-up as necessary, Clean Air Filter, etc ...
2. AC blower speed - Working as designed.
3. Rattling - Seat bolts/nuts were tightened and the rear door hinge or clamp was loose. Now its all fine.
4. Gear 1 - Has become smooth, definitely better than how it was for the last month.

Cost = 0.00

CSR was simply awesome, very courteous, patient and explained/answered for all my questions. Also, the lead mechanic who took the initial test drive explained about all the niggles that I reported.

Overall - Good feel.

Time of delivery - Right on time as promised and the moment the car has been washed and got out of it, I recd an SMS saying its ready to be picked up. But, I was already looking at the car !

Car wash quality - Super clean, both interior and exterior.

Usually, I get bugged for adding something new (either for safety aspect or for whatever reason, to make me pay something to the service station. This time, nothing like that came out from CSR. It was surprising to me !

Only one attitude problem with the service center folks (Dont know whom to blame) - I left (intentionally) some change (close to Rs.10.00) in the coin holder, but it was missing after I got the vehicle back !
May be, that would have tempted anybody to take them. I will not put those from next time.

Prem.
Old 19th March 2010, 09:30   #100
Senior - BHPian

Good to know your vehicle running and serving well

Quote:
...I left (intentionally) some change (close to Rs.10.00) in the coin holder, but it was missing after I got the vehicle back...
I had a silver coin (Lord Ganesha idol) stuck on a dummy switch on the center console. It went missing after second visit to TASS w/o even a trace of glue left behind. Clean job

I think it is too big a temptation for the contracted folks (washer/cleaners) at TASS to resist or even to the shop-floor mechanic who "works" on your car. Anyways, my fault, because SA will always ask "Pls ensure you do not leave anything valuable in the car".

-BJ
Old 19th March 2010, 20:56   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Good to know your vehicle running and serving well

I had a silver coin (Lord Ganesha idol) stuck on a dummy switch on the center console. It went missing after second visit to TASS w/o even a trace of glue left behind. Clean job

I think it is too big a temptation for the contracted folks (washer/cleaners) at TASS to resist or even to the shop-floor mechanic who "works" on your car. Anyways, my fault, because SA will always ask "Pls ensure you do not leave anything valuable in the car".

-BJ

thanks brother. i gotta keep these in mind the next time i leave my vehicle at TASS.
Old 20th March 2010, 07:04   #102
BHPian

All right - Got the fuel tank filled up last evening. Here is the stat's update.

A/C - ~90% ON.
Total run - 567 KM (~ 250 KM Highway, Rest within City).
Had to fill - 52 liters

Mileage - 10.9 KM/Liter

Anyone having any observation here ?

Prem.
Old 20th March 2010, 10:55   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Car wash quality - Super clean, both interior and exterior...
Lucky you!

Quote:
...Only one attitude problem with the service center folks (Dont know whom to blame) - I left (intentionally) some change (close to Rs.10.00) in the coin holder, but it was missing after I got the vehicle back !...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
...I had a silver coin (Lord Ganesha idol) stuck on a dummy switch on the center console. It went missing after second visit to TASS w/o even a trace of glue left behind. Clean job ...
Too many people getting in an out of the vehicle when it goes for the wash. Difficult to keep track. Best option, never leave anything of value in it, especially when giving it for wash, and more so, if you are not there when the work is happening.

Quote:
A/C - ~90% ON.
Total run - 567 KM (~ 250 KM Highway, Rest within City).
Had to fill - 52 liters

Mileage - 10.9 KM/Liter
On the lower side. Especially with the new variant. Do you drive like a possessed person?

But then, lets check the next one; that might give a better reading. Things usually improve after the first few 1000 kms.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:38   #104
BHPian

Quote:
On the lower side. Especially with the new variant. Do you drive like a possessed person?

But then, lets check the next one; that might give a better reading. Things usually improve after the first few 1000 kms.
I forgot what you have - 2 or 4WD ? AFAIK, there is 0.5 to 1.0 KM/L difference b/w 2 & 4 WD and as far as I asked around, folks get 10 to 10.5 in City on 2 WD which means I am on a kind of balanced considering more of city miles in this drive. Also, the vehicle went in for 1st service. But, its not driven more than 2 KM b/w in and out of service center.

The next calculation should be more precise.

If your "possessed person" means too much of revving, then, NO, I dont drive like that.
But, YES, I am proud of owning this Safari

Prem.
Old 20th March 2010, 15:36   #105
Senior - BHPian

I have a 4WD.

Quote:
...But, YES, I am proud of owning this Safari ...
+1

Most Viewed