Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 03:16   #1
BHPian

My new Ritz Vxi

Hi All,

Went through the entire thread (as I did with all having the word RITZ) today.
After more than 2 months of car searching (basically for my wife), I was looking at i10(Kappa), Ritz(Petrol), Chevy Beat, GP(1.2) and even the new Estilo!

Since the car is (?was) intended for my wife, she was only bothered about ease of getting in/out, a feeling of space inside and something going reliably from point A to point B.

Thanks to all the wealth of personal (& technical) reviews on T-BHP (& my wife, who specifically wanted a "tall" car - the options were literally thrown away), we settled for the Ritz Vxi. Again, thanks are due especially for the PDI checklist & VIN threads (@Wildon) for the marvellous information.

Finally, on Mahashivratri, a glistening grey baby was brought home lightening the account by 4.58L (OTR quoted was 474000). No freebies/accessories, which in a way was good as I could have my own choice of quality and design.

Odo readings were - 9km (stockyard), 15km(delivery @ home). Owing to the long weekend (RTO closed), registration number will be allotted & affixed on Monday (hopefully). Owing to the same, I have not taken it out much, expect for a fuel fill and floor mats. Managed to sneak it out for another 12km...that too at the time of the German Bakery Blast

I am looking (in Pune) for the following "accessories" listed by priority -
# Car cover - good quality
# Seat covers - all suggestions welcome
# Mud flaps - before the rains set in
# ICE - confused whether to opt for 2 DIN Vs 1 DIN...purely for looks, I know. Have seen Pioneer, Sony & JVC so far. Not interested in Subwoofers/Basstubes.
# Any other accessories suggestions?

Looks (fat rear) notwithstanding, I'm glad we made this choice and I've heard nothing but sheer praise for the K12M; it does feel out of this world.

Cheers to a Ritzy affair!!
Old 15th February 2010, 21:29   #2
BHPian

Could anybody help me with the car cover size needed for the Ritz? Some selfish soul has already scratched it deliberately in our parking! Any recommended brands, accessory shops where available (Pune) & price would be great.

I tried Reliance Mart (Polco)...the B++ size doesn't fit. C was not available - box recommends it for accent, ikon etc.

Thanks.
Old 15th February 2010, 23:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Could anybody help me with the car cover size needed for the Ritz? Some selfish soul has already scratched it deliberately in our parking! Any recommended brands, accessory shops where available (Pune) & price would be great.

I tried Reliance Mart (Polco)...the B++ size doesn't fit. C was not available - box recommends it for accent, ikon etc.

Thanks.
Hi, why don't buy the body cover (MGA) for Ritz from MASS. I have got this one free with my car. Fits perfectly and quality is also good.
Old 15th February 2010, 23:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Hi, why don't buy the body cover (MGA) for Ritz from MASS. I have got this one free with my car. Fits perfectly and quality is also good.
MGA cover is always an option. But as with MGA as usual, the quality may not be the best; the price competes with the best though!
Does the box of the cover have a size on it?
Old 16th February 2010, 10:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats zen for the ritz vxi. Can you please throw some light on the performance of K12M? and how is low end torque, in gear acceleration and NVH?
Old 16th February 2010, 18:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats zen for the ritz vxi. Can you please throw some light on the performance of K12M? and how is low end torque, in gear acceleration and NVH?
Thanks. I haven't really driven it much owing to the long weekend delaying the registration process, in addition to the "tense" situation here in Pune - didn't want to attract "unnecessary" attention in an unmarked car. However, I'm getting the plates affixed today after which I should be able to answer more freely.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I haven't really driven it much owing to the long weekend delaying the registration process, in addition to the "tense" situation here in Pune - didn't want to attract "unnecessary" attention in an unmarked car. However, I'm getting the plates affixed today after which I should be able to answer more freely.
Congrats Zen. Enjoy the KB drive. It will bring nothing but smiles on whoever drives the car. The mileage is stunning, engine extremely flexible. I can go on and on singing about this KB engine.

I use the Indian Oil normal petrol. Engine returns 14+ mileage in city with AC always on.

Nikhil
Old 16th February 2010, 21:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Congrats Zen. Enjoy the KB drive. It will bring nothing but smiles on whoever drives the car. The mileage is stunning, engine extremely flexible. I can go on and on singing about this KB engine.

I use the Indian Oil normal petrol. Engine returns 14+ mileage in city with AC always on.

Nikhil
Thanks Nikhil.
Do you have any idea on the RON of IOC/BP/HP normal petrol. Ritz manual recommends RON of 88 or higher.

Quote:
I missed the 2nd service date with MASS. Had to tackle other important issues. Will attempt this coming saturday.

Chowgule industries (MASS) yesterday called me up and informed that they also service cars overnight. Deliver the car by 5 pm and take it back the next day by 10 am.

Customer service wins
Don't mean to nitpick, but in the unfortunate event that any part under warranty (2yrs/40000km) requires repair/replacement, Maruti may well refuse if the service inspections are not carried out as specified in the manual. So we have to be careful; just like insurance companies, MSIL too will first try to find "excuses" to void our claim.

Last edited by Dippy : 16th February 2010 at 22:33. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit button if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:33   #9
BHPian

Some interior issues - good and otherwise.

Easy on the eyes display, day and night.
My new Ritz Vxi-img105.jpg

My new Ritz Vxi-img119.jpg

My new Ritz Vxi-img106.jpg

My new Ritz Vxi-img120.jpg

Front fog switch and headlamp leveller - have to bend to find them. But probably not an issue with the leveller as you ideally need to stop the car on level ground to adjust the beam. Also this switch is not illuminated from behind!
My new Ritz Vxi-img109.jpg

Power window & central locking console - again apart from the Auto button the rest are not illuminated; I ended up lowering the rear window instead of central locking!
My new Ritz Vxi-img110.jpg

Hatch & fuel filler remote levers - near the door side rail of driver's seat (posted this as I realised some confusion amongst few members regarding their location). Wish they were illuminated too!
My new Ritz Vxi-img111.jpg

The waterfall - soothing illumination. How would a 2DIN HU look as compared to single? Centre AC vents not "ergonomically usable" - but great cooling though!
Attached Thumbnails
My new Ritz Vxi-img121.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 00:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Centre AC vents not "ergonomically usable" - but great cooling though!
Spot on with the AC vents.The vent on either side of the steering wheel end up cooling your fingers instead of your body
Switch the AC to demister mode and a wave of cold air starts rushing over the drivers head.

Regarding the RON number, I guess the normal petrol is above that RON number. Not sure though.

Zen, don't worry the final date for the service is not near (I don't miss deadlines ).

Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 17th February 2010 at 00:36. Reason: Added info.
Old 17th February 2010, 17:44   #11
BHPian

I'm hunting for seat covers (Pune) to match the grey dash & blue fabric trim. So far not found any. Only plain dull silver - grey; in suede & rexine. Any help (with pics, if possible) on this guys?
Old 17th February 2010, 18:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I'm hunting for seat covers (Pune) to match the grey dash & blue fabric trim. So far not found any. Only plain dull silver - grey; in suede & rexine. Any help (with pics, if possible) on this guys?
I got this black PU Dolphin seat covers for my Ritz VDi. I'm using this cover for last one month. In sunlight though it become hot but due to perforations as soon as you switch on the AC temp starts coming down to normal. In Pune lot of accessories shops are there like - Carax, many in JM Road. Hope you'll get the one you are looking for your car.
All the best.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Ritz Vxi-seat1.jpg  

My new Ritz Vxi-seat2.jpg  

gaddiwale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2010, 21:33   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
I got this black PU Dolphin seat covers for my Ritz VDi. I'm using this cover for last one month. In sunlight though it become hot but due to perforations as soon as you switch on the AC temp starts coming down to normal. In Pune lot of accessories shops are there like - Carax, many in JM Road. Hope you'll get the one you are looking for your car.
All the best.
I'll try Carax - saw their website & it seems to be nice. Only it's a bit far. As is JM Rd . I've also been suggested the "permanent" custom stitched option by some accessory shops. Say these don't have the problem of becoming loose with use. One of them has even asked me to come tomorrow to take a look at the fitting procedure he's doing on a car tomorrow.
BTW, haven't you removed the plastic off the original seats before putting the covers?
Old 18th February 2010, 19:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
I'll try Carax - Only it's a bit far. As is JM Rd.
Zen, which part of Pune do you stay? For the seat covers, if you are willing to spend, you can try the Stanley's seat covers. Custom fittings for steering wheel, gear knob, seats, door panels etc.

But I don't know if they have a facility in Pune.

Nikhil
Old 18th February 2010, 20:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Zen, which part of Pune do you stay? For the seat covers, if you are willing to spend, you can try the Stanley's seat covers. Custom fittings for steering wheel, gear knob, seats, door panels etc.

But I don't know if they have a facility in Pune.

Nikhil
Kharadi. Went to Bhandari Auto on JM Rd, but not much choice with them either.BTW, learned that the tight fit covers actually entail making 2 holes in the original cushions through and through, so that it can be tied tightly behind the other side . He also quoted 3250/- for Garware grey 40.

Most Viewed