Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:51   #16
BHPian

they had this color in verna ( not exactly) now its in the SX4. congratulations.
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:07   #17
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the congrats and wishes.

@EFF-EIGHT-BEE: Its the manual transmission version, not the auto. The booking details and on road price are mentioned in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1686080

@Kalinga: Yes I TD'ed the auto as well. It was fun to drive (no tension) but did not have the same feel as the manual one where you feel more in control. In the auto version, if you need a sudden burst of power; say to overtake someone quickly, the only option you have is to stomp on the accelerator and there is a couple of seconds lag before the acceleration kicks in which is slightly unnerving till you get used to it I guess. Also the driving experience didnt feel as involved. Besides, the sales rep claimed that there seemed to be a sudden shortage of the AT versions so dispatch and delivery may take some time. So dropped the idea of the auto.

I have just test driven the older version (non VVT) one once so cant really compare the suspension, but I have heard lots of people say that the newer one has softer suspensions and hence the ride is not as harsh as the older one.

@blackasta: I feel leather gets v hot so wanted to go in for cloth upholstery.

@ramsagar: I think the ritz has a *similar* color but not the same. I think the same color is offered in the new estilo instead.

@joy_swift: I have run out of moolah so the tires will need to wait :-). I guess I will run the vectras till they need to be changed and then go in for michelins or conti cpc2. The stock tires Didnt feel too bad to me (maybe because I have moved from hatchback to sedan and dont have a baseline to compare the ride)

Promise to click more snaps over the coming weekend and share with everyone. I hope to get the accessories fitted in by then as well.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:40   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your new SX4 - a few tips regards your accessories
- The sun films apparently have color, green, gray and blue - choose wisely.
- The tyvek car cover is not well known to the MGA folks, I had to ask them for the 1800wala cover for SX4. (I have both)
- The transparent floor mats are probably best purchased from MGA.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:22   #19
BHPian

Thanks Fornax. Its good to get tips from people who have bought the sx4 earlier.
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:25   #20
BHPian

Quick update on FE figures. I had filled up the tank when I bought the car and I filled up tank again today. Here are the figures:
Km Reading: 423
Qty: 34.82 Ltrs

FE: 14 KMs/Ltr

Additional details:
Petrol used: Shell regular petrol
Filling method: Stop filling after Automatic cutoff by the pipe
Usage: 90% city, 10% highway
ACC: Set at 24 for 90% of the time, rest of the time, window down and enjoy the cool night air
Since its during the running in period, I have made a conscious effort to not go beyond 2300-2500 RPMs. Usually I shift up to the next gear at around 2000 rpms (except for a few times when I cut loose).

FE of 14 not bad right?
Old 4th March 2010, 07:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Yes I TD'ed the auto as well. It was fun to drive (no tension) but did not have the same feel as the manual one where you feel more in control. In the auto version, if you need a sudden burst of power; say to overtake someone quickly, the only option you have is to stomp on the accelerator and there is a couple of seconds lag before the acceleration kicks in which is slightly unnerving till you get used to it I guess. Also the driving experience didnt feel as involved.
Exactly why I too bought the manual. The fun of the surge is greater in MT than the AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Quick update on FE figures. I had filled up the tank when I bought the car and I filled up tank again today. Here are the figures:
Km Reading: 423
Qty: 34.82 Ltrs

FE: 14 KMs/Ltr

FE of 14 not bad right?
You bet. Its very good. The best I have managed has been 11.3, and the worst, 10.2

I have often wondered, could the FE be better with normal petrol?
Old 4th March 2010, 16:16   #22
BHPian

Duhh What was I smoking? The calculations are wrong.

The FE comes to 12.14!!

Hmm still not bad I guess .
Old 4th March 2010, 16:57   #23
BHPian

Hey Shrreps. Congrats on the new buy.!
Was the AT better the AHNC AT?
Any mods for sunfilm or audio?
Hope you have a safe drive for years to come.
Cheers.!
Old 4th March 2010, 17:01   #24
BHPian

Congratulations shreeps
With 90% city driving,12kmpl is a gud figure.

Adding the MGA rear spoiler brings a big difference to the looks.Cost me 3.5k.
Old 4th March 2010, 17:03   #25
BHPian

Thanks Sameer. I did not try the ANHC so can't really compare, but whatever I have seen across the forums say that the 5-speed ANHC auto is leagues ahead of the 4 speed suzuki auto transmission.

I am planning to retain the stock audio, but will do the following:

3M RE sunfilms for side and rear
Suede seat covers
Stanley Leather steering cover

Thanks again for the wishes!!
Old 29th March 2010, 18:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Congratulations shreeps
With 90% city driving,12kmpl is a gud figure.

Adding the MGA rear spoiler brings a big difference to the looks.Cost me 3.5k.
i am actually trying to figure out, what this new VVT engine gives? Anyone did a comparitive study between the new and old version of SX4? I have 2008 model SX4 ZXi and it gives me 10km/litre in city and 14km/litre in high way.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:52   #27
BHPian

My SX4 Zxi VVT has run about 300 odd kms and on it last refill (using cut off method) it returned me an average of about 9.5kmpl. Im on 100% AC, 100% city driving (New Delhi), normal unleaded petrol. Now comparing this with what my Accent GLS (when I got it in 2004) gave me on its first refill of fuel, which BTW was a paltry 8kmpl under the same conditions I am somewhat satisfied. Assuming that after the 2000 kms my accent bumped its economy to 10kmpl, the assumed economy of my SX4 VVT should come somewhere around 11kmpl.
Old 31st March 2010, 00:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
... the assumed economy of my SX4 VVT should come somewhere around 11kmpl...
Yeah 11 kmpl is pretty much where she should settle, that's what DD (DigitalDragon) found in his official MASS-guided mileage test. Personally I'll be ashamed of myself the day she crosses 10 Kmpl - as that'd mean I'm not having much fun.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

congrats and damn MUL is releasing such amazing colors now. I had very few choices in 2008

12 km/l is what you should be expecting. I may go a little up after first service but with that you will start revving it more
Old 1st April 2010, 17:10   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
congrats and damn MUL is releasing such amazing colors now. I had very few choices in 2008

12 km/l is what you should be expecting. I may go a little up after first service but with that you will start revving it more
Thanks. I liked the color too. You are absolutely right. I have started revving the engine more after the first servicing . The next time I fill petrol, I will check to see what difference I see in the FE figures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks