Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 08:03   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Are you into Gaming? Which one? I was hooked into PS2.

Honda/Toyota - oh man.........Then verbal duels on Honda VS Toyota. Quite funny it was.
Ya, gaming sure, have played a lot of them but all PC based, still trying to sneak some time for them. 'Thief' series was ultimate and have used extensive walkthroughs there.

As far as Honda-Toyota goes, the feud is still going on between me and my friend, about who is superior, and with the recent toyota fiasco I am having a gala time bashing him.

On other note, one of my friend is having a jetta(2nd hand), and oh boy he atleast has an appointment every month at pepboys spending 100-150$ fixing one thing or the other.He was fond of german cars and now just rethinking of the same. Maybe intermittent, but such an experience of VW in US was not expected , this is one reason desi's tend to go for honda-toyota.Even i might not think to go the VW way.Just wanted to mention since you were keen on having a VW.

EDIT: If you could put in some Interior pics , would be good.

Last edited by Fraz33r : 25th February 2010 at 08:05. Reason: wanted to add some text
Old 25th February 2010, 09:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Well written. I give FIVE for this.
Right choice,this car will server you for another decade.
Why was Fiesta not considered? I'm no fan, wanted to know the reason behind.

Need more pics buddy. Enjoy the ride.
Old 25th February 2010, 11:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
5) Spacious. (Mine is a nuclear family so not a problem. Hatch would have worked also i think.)
Ditto. I guess we both went for a sedan for want of a boot which is pretty much required when one travels(plans to) a lot.

Quote:
1) Who thought of those Chrome handles
+1. I would've loved black colored matt-finished ones on Alabaster Silver or even body colored ones would've been fine.

Will see if I can do some DIY stuff. Perhaps stickering, can be reversed easily if the finishing looks ugly.

Quote:
3) Accessories pricing: Not sure if this is a universal problem but the price list is a SHOCKER.
Well, welcome to Honda (in India).
Old 25th February 2010, 14:06   #34
BHPian

Really enjoyed reading reading this post. Congruatulations Manju.
Old 25th February 2010, 16:22   #35
BHPian

Awesome writter hrmanju1 . You wont believe, I stopped all my work and dedicated an hour, enjoying reading this thread.

Heartiest congratulations for your decent purchase. This car is really cool. The only thing I didnt like is "chrome handles" and Silver or white can only justify "chrome"
Old 25th February 2010, 17:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!!! on your new Honda..have fun and drive safe.
Old 25th February 2010, 17:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Well written. I give FIVE for this.
Right choice,this car will server you for another decade.
Why was Fiesta not considered? I'm no fan, wanted to know the reason behind.

Need more pics buddy. Enjoy the ride.
More pics coming as time passes. My main requirements were an Automatic and Fiesta did not have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Ditto. I guess we both went for a sedan for want of a boot which is pretty much required when one travels(plans to) a lot.
+1. I would've loved black colored matt-finished ones on Alabaster Silver or even body colored ones would've been fine.

Will see if I can do some DIY stuff. Perhaps stickering, can be reversed easily if the finishing looks ugly.
Well, welcome to Honda (in India).
Well, i am still in planning stage. Long weekend is this weekend. So all set to convert Plans into reality. (Not the 5 Year planning ones.)

I would refrain from Stickering. This may end up looking like band aids on a sore wound. Since your car is also Silver - it doesnt hit you on the face though. Anyways, we have to see these this till once we get into the Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Really enjoyed reading reading this post. Congruatulations Manju.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Awesome writter hrmanju1 . You wont believe, I stopped all my work and dedicated an hour, enjoying reading this thread.

Heartiest congratulations for your decent purchase. This car is really cool. The only thing I didnt like is "chrome handles" and Silver or white can only justify "chrome"
Thanks and welcome to the chrome handles haters club. I havent met Beige Haters yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Congrats!!!! on your new Honda..have fun and drive safe.
Thanks!
Old 26th February 2010, 08:57   #38
BHPian

Hey Manju.

Fantastic writing. It took a whole hour for me to go through all the post, but the time was indeed well spent I would say.

Great selection of car, I owned on of those honda's and I'm sure you will have a trouble free car for many years to come. Take good care of her. I have been following your threads from some months and I've seen your interests in polo coz I'm in the same boat and though I've decided what to buy, haven't bought one yet. Hopefully will get it in a month.

My previous Honda city (ZX) was a boon to drive in the city but the steering feedback was pretty less on the highways. Hope the ANHC doesn't have that problem. Drive safe and take good care of her.

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 26th February 2010, 10:44   #39
BHPian

Hi Manju,
Amazing write up.The car is a wonderful peice of engineering.The thought of driving it to the work negates some of my laziness when I get up at 7.00 am.

After nearly an year and 14,500 km the car still exites me.Compared to the ownership of ANHC,our experience with NHC and Swift looks pale. Eventhough they are class leaders in their segment.

Enjoy the car.The car will inject some dose of superiority complex in to your blood,especially in the highways.Please drive safely.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:17   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
Hey Manju

Great selection of car, I owned on of those honda's and I'm sure you will have a trouble free car for many years to come. Take good care of her. I have been following your threads from some months and I've seen your interests in polo coz I'm in the same boat and though I've decided what to buy, haven't bought one yet. Hopefully will get it in a month.

My previous Honda city (ZX) was a boon to drive in the city but the steering feedback was pretty less on the highways. Hope the ANHC doesn't have that problem. Drive safe and take good care of her.

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Thanks Laxminarayan. Now that Polo reviews and prices are all over the web, did you drop it or still pursuing it? Looks like you have decided but which one? I have not taken the car on to highways. Will defnitely in this weekend. Hope to see some steering wheel comparisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Hi Manju,
Amazing write up.The car is a wonderful peice of engineering.The thought of driving it to the work negates some of my laziness when I get up at 7.00 am.

After nearly an year and 14,500 km the car still exites me.Compared to the ownership of ANHC,our experience with NHC and Swift looks pale. Eventhough they are class leaders in their segment.

Enjoy the car.The car will inject some dose of superiority complex in to your blood,especially in the highways.Please drive safely.
I dread to take out my car. Small roads, haphazard drivers, etc. Anyways, i should get over this. PS: New driver on Indian roads. (Mind is corrupted with different driving style. I have to unlearn it first and then learn Indian ishtyle) So how is the steering response on highways?
Old 26th February 2010, 14:58   #41
BHPian

excellent write up hrmanju1! Congrats for your ANHC
Old 26th February 2010, 16:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks and welcome to the chrome handles haters club. I havent met Beige Haters yet though.
Thanks!
Actually someone asked me why you did not take high end Variant, this car dont have body colored doorhandles.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:58   #43
BANNED

good one Manju. some of your statements remind me of something else though...

Quote:
Went on a ride with him in tow. I made a rule that he SHOULD be sitting in the back seat. PERIOD.

Note: I would really appreciate if you make your kids (<12) sit in the back seat please.
somebody once said...
kids in back seats cause accidents, accidents in back seats cause kids.

Last edited by blacmagic : 26th February 2010 at 17:10.
Old 26th February 2010, 18:50   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
excellent write up hrmanju1! Congrats for your ANHC
Thanks for reading. Keep visiting for juicy updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Actually someone asked me why you did not take high end Variant, this car dont have body colored doorhandles.
Cannot stop laughing on this. Some questions are so naive that its tough to answer correctly without hurting the person who questioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
good one Manju. some of your statements remind me of something else though...
somebody once said...
kids in back seats cause accidents, accidents in back seats cause kids.
Hmmm, no wonder there is so much emphasis on Rear Legroom in Indian cars. And Europeans (having smaller nuclear families give less rear legroom space).
Old 26th February 2010, 19:26   #45
BHPian

When i opened your page 1 of your review , i saw 80kb on opera mini, i thought that it would be just another full of pics review but when i saw it was not so . So much detail and explaination of each process of buying process you have given (including team-bhp 101) that a layman whould learn the abc of buying process . Now thats how a review should be . Hats off to you !

Most Viewed