Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 15:27   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
17/03/2010

Neither my office is near to the Service centre nor is my house. And waiting there is ruled out. What do you guys do?
Manju, the other day the Magnum Honda sales person told me that they are comming up with a new service center near Yeshwantpur, Tumkur Road, just behind the RNS motors. It will be ready by this month end. Not sure if Magnum honda is any better but atleast you need not travel 20+ KMs just for servicing.
Old 18th March 2010, 15:32   #92
BHPian

hrmanju1,

Normally, I drop it in the morning on my way to office and pick up the car again in the early evening on my way back to home. I do not want to use the pickup-drop service until I am really need to.
The customer lounge in WF Honda is not up to the mark as you have pointed out, and is definitely not worth waiting there for 3 hours. Actually, I do not have high expectations on this count.

-Pratim
Old 18th March 2010, 16:02   #93
BHPian

Vnk,

Magnum honda i no good at all. These guys are the worst possible i must say. There is absolutely no security of the cars at magnum honda on kanakpura road.I have written about the experience i had, in MKC's thread on magnum honda. I did like the first time i went there, but my recent service experience with them put water to my opinion on magnum honda.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:32   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Vnk,

Magnum honda i no good at all. These guys are the worst possible i must say. There is absolutely no security of the cars at magnum honda on kanakpura road.I have written about the experience i had, in MKC's thread on magnum honda. I did like the first time i went there, but my recent service experience with them put water to my opinion on magnum Honda.
The service area of Whitefield Honda seems very small and with limited parking space. Not sure how safe our cars will be.

I had asked the Magnum sales person about why our cars are handled as if they are driving an F1 car at the service centers (whether Honda, Maruti, any brand). His reply was "Sir, they work with cars day in and day out, and they tend to assume that they have mastered the art of car driving."
Old 18th March 2010, 18:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
The service area of Whitefield Honda seems very small and with limited parking space. Not sure how safe our cars will be.
I think Whitefield Honda has a seperate bodyshop couple of KM away form the show room and the service workshop.

Generally the service workshop is responsible for the safety and well keep of the vehicle when we hand it over to them. They are liable to return it in the same state back to us. Damage if any, need to be made good by them. They also understand it

Workshop capacity is planned based on the number of cars sold, being sold, number of dealers, number of active customer base approaching a particular workshop etc.

I think, we as a consumer, need not worry about how much space they have, We need to be assured about the following

1. Availability of Service network closer to our place
2. Availability of spare parts when needed
3. Cost of Service being reasonable, if not minimum
4. ease of getting the vehicles serviced
5. faster turn around time for the service
6. our car getting returned w/o any damage/theft after the service

there are minor extra things

7. treating a customer like a king, Indians expect that they should be considered to be always right
8. Courtesy of communication
9. freebees (Coffee, Water, Pick up/drop, periodic (hourly) updates etc)
10. etc etc

points 7 to 10 are not mandetory, but are part of experience that will differentiate one brand from other.

Same indian gentleman do not mind paying for these if he is in US/Canada/Europe, but the moment he is back in india he expects these to be available as default. this includes yours truely as well.
Old 18th March 2010, 20:28   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
Guys, for Second/Third normal services, is it a good idea to give the car to Pick Up and Drop service? Pros and Cons please?
You will be giving a lucky driver, a chance to time a 0-100 on your car . To avail pick-up/drop you need to sign a form to declare that you are doing so at your own risk. Think about it!
Old 19th March 2010, 21:10   #97
BHPian

Manju, I too did the first service of my car on 14/March at same Whitefields Honda center near KR puram station. I didn't feel that the service station was a let down. It was an OK experience for me.
Old 20th March 2010, 18:50   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I think Whitefield Honda has a seperate bodyshop couple of KM away form the show room and the service workshop.
I had been to Whitefield Honda today and enquired where this bodyshop is. It seems it is 2 kms into the same ITPL road and is near the ABB office.

As of now, they are directing all pick up and drop cars to this bodyshop. All cars driven down by the owner is taken care of at the service center opp to KR puram station.
Old 5th April 2010, 21:51   #99
BHPian

Wow, its been a while i came to team-bhp. I had some releases lined up and i wanted it to be over before my son's summer vacation started.

Well, thanks all you folks who responded to all my queries on the Service front. I think i will go in myself for the Second Service.

Lots of things to update. IPL is distracting. Will update later.
Old 5th April 2010, 22:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

I too had the experience of service engineers driving rashly within the Dakshin Honda premises, even if it is only a few feet! This happened during my first service. I think its more to do about their frustration of not getting to drive these cars for longer trip. He also honked at least 10 times while turning into the service bay, which I never would have done in my entire 1000+ kms of drive before that! I am absolutely not comfortable giving my car to these jokers for pickup and drop service.

I have seen similar behavior in Trident Hyundai at Yeshwanthpur and complained about it to the service center manager. This happened when I dropped my car for first service and the guy who took the car from the reception bay to the service bay was clearly doing an F1 circuit around the building!

Btw, the service drop and pickup area in DH is pretty decent, equipped with wifi connectivity, good supply of tea, coffee and soft drinks. I could do some serious office work in the 2-3 hours during my first service.

Last edited by vasoo : 5th April 2010 at 22:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks