Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 16:17   #16
BHPian

Awsome witeup hrmanju1 !!! I read everything without even a break. I will wait for the next set of posts as well as the pics.

BTW, I want a favor from you. I can borrow your writing style while writing my experience. Can I?
Old 24th February 2010, 16:54   #17
BHPian

Many congrats on your new car. Awaiting your further posts mate. Also could you tell me if the no pre payment penalty is just a temporary scheme or is it a standard clause with SBI?? Thanks.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:21   #18
BHPian

Oh man! amazing piece of writing. Congrats on your car. Some good PICs needed to match your writing.

Looks like you met Mrs.Geetha in Whitefield Honda.
Old 24th February 2010, 21:18   #19
BHPian

Congratulations Manju

First of all let me give you a big congratulation Manju. Me too bought a City AT 2 weeks back. I too went for Silver color from Whitefield honda.

No pics yet of the new car ? Planning to post some ?
Old 24th February 2010, 22:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
This is quite a write-up.. I guess I'll wait for you to end the story/write-up to congratulate
Well, the End is almost near.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Great start...
Keep rolling.
Polo has been launched today, first deliveries would start from March:2010.
yeah, i was following the LIVE coverage in Overdrive of the launch. Well, maybe a Second car. Maybe. Well, if my company stocks do well, why not? Need parking space though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wow that is one hell of an experience! Great to know this. But the fact is that SBI is like a truck. Takes time to start. Once done, it just roars.
SBI to a truck. Hmmm, 16 wheeler truck. True, hassle free post cheque handover i hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
wow, great reading!
Congrats on the car!
Thanks SkyWalker !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Sure it does, We were there to get the delivery of our ANHC VAT and this black beauty got our attention, My wife just asked, "Cann't we cancel our ANHC and go for Jazz instead."
BTW, great writing, waiting for updates....
There you go, one more TRUE story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Congratulation hrmanju1
One of the best write ups I have seen for a long long time. I coudn't take my eyes outa those dramatic phrases. I must say am lol on your Canara bank experience. BTW, am still laughing ...
Jokes apart, i wrote the exact statements. Callous attitude man. And i had a NRE account with them also. Anyways, lessons learnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Is going to RACPC mandatory for getting the loan sanctioned? Cant the work be done from the branch itself? Btw, did anybody opt for overdraft facility instead of EMI based loan? I have asked for OD facility...
Yeah, RACPC is mandatory i think. But it was a breeze for me. Yeah OD is a nice option if quick repayment is an option. Looking forward to basics of OD and Advantages/Disadvantages of OD from your ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrained View Post
Cool write up hrmanju1, long time having read those quite engrossing experiences. Keep it rolling... I am in the process of doing my homework before going for the kill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Awsome witeup hrmanju1 !!! I read everything without even a break. I will wait for the next set of posts as well as the pics.

BTW, I want a favor from you. I can borrow your writing style while writing my experience. Can I?
Thanks for reading. With the amount of info i read and gathered from other threads and knowing my requirements (read Noob in car buying in India) this is PAYBACK TIME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Many congrats on your new car. Awaiting your further posts mate. Also could you tell me if the no pre payment penalty is just a temporary scheme or is it a standard clause with SBI?? Thanks.
Prepayment Penalty - slightly confusing. You have to transfer the money to your loan account through your existing SBI Savings account and not from any other place. This is what i heard from SBI. Nowhere in writing. So, fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Oh man! amazing piece of writing. Congrats on your car. Some good PICs needed to match your writing.
Looks like you met Mrs.Geetha in Whitefield Honda.
Yeah, Geetha madam - all the way! Me thinks she reads team-bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
First of all let me give you a big congratulation Manju. Me too bought a City AT 2 weeks back. I too went for Silver color from Whitefield honda.
No pics yet of the new car ? Planning to post some ?
Yeah, AT is a piece of cake man. It definitely is. More on ANHC Alabaster Silver AT later.
Old 24th February 2010, 22:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi hrmanju1

Congratulations on your Honda 2.0

the lady sales manager at whitefield reconfirms the popular sales and marketing myth.

Quote:
Everything being equal, a customer will buy from a sales manager who cares for the customer.

Drive Safe, Have fun
Old 24th February 2010, 23:01   #22
BHPian

PRI Process

Delivery Day

Once i got the cheques from SBI, the dealer came to pick up the cheque. Tagged along with him to do a quick PRI (Pre Registration Inspection). Noted down the VIN/Engine#. ODO showed fine. (2km). Walked around but not of much help as it was too dusty. Inspected for visible bumps but looked good. Happy with the visual inspection, reconfirmed the Accessories and okay-ed the Registration.

Registration + Accessory fitting + Drying up of Sun Film + Setting of Rear/Front dash. Couple of days breeze by.Cousins marriage and i could not take delivery.

Finally, the D-Day arrived. (Delivery day). Took a printout of the PDI. Took along my FIL's driver along as a neutral thrid eye for any obvious goof ups. Called a day before to the dealership and fixed an appointment and asked them to keep the car ready.

1) Went through their PDI checklist. All documents in hand.
2) No temporary number plate but a permanent number plate. (Had not asked for any special numbers.)
3) Read through all the documents while the sales guy was giving demo of the car to my wife.
4) Made sure each and every line item in the PDI is covered. (Instead of me going through each item, it is better to refer to the PDI check list and follow religiously.)
5) Now it was time for team-bhp checklist. Well, WF Honda was familiar with this. (Lost of folks in this forum used it there i think).
6) Asked the car to be brought out into Sunlight for inspection.
7) So all 3 of us in our agenda started looking at obvious glares.
8) Sales guy started giving me the introduction of the car.
9) Took out my iPOD and connected to the HU and voila it was working.
10) One thing which was different from my previous car was the jack. This was fitted in the boot. This was something new and i did NOT know how to remove the Jack. So, everybody - follow the PDI and make sure you understand how each thingy works. Time spent now will be useful in time revisiting Service or on fone calls later.
11) Helper guy came in and showed me how to remove the Jack from the boot. I tried the jack on the car and it worked well.
12) Checked all the accessories. Fine.
13) Cranked the engine. Around 3 litres must be present. Took the car for a quick TD and filled in Petrol in the neighboring gas station. Well, just got 10 Liters of Regular Unleaded.
14) Was trying to listen to loose sounds or creaky noises. Hmm, nada.
15) Came back and lifted the bonnet and quick check. make sure you know the place to fill the Wiper liquid. This is the DIY which can be done by anyone.

After 90 minutes, i was all set. Went back in - signed the internal PDI, thanked the Sales Manager who handled my case really well. Gave her an appreciation gift. (Thanks to PDI, these small things do favor in the long run).

Sat in the car, turned on the engine - AC is a must now in Bangalore. Yeah, its hot now a days. And Vroom i went.

PDI Process happening. 3 pairs of eyes looking over details in the SUN.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda 2.0 - My Name Is ANHC-dsc04798.jpg  

Old 24th February 2010, 23:13   #23
BHPian

Final Deal Details

Final Deal Details

Car: ANHC V AT
Color: Alabaster Silver
Year: 2010
Ex Showroom: 9,76,000 INR
Cash Discount: 15,000 INR (Corporate)
Tyres: Michelin
Free Accessories:
1. Reverse Parking Sensors
2. Llumar Sun Film
3. Rear/Front Protectors
4. Rubber Mats
Insurance: Bajaj Allianz
Road Tax: Did not have the courage/interest/time to do it myself. Went with dealer. So dealer would have made all the Free Accesories money in this itself. Especially the handling charges. So, you win some and you loose some.

Now for some pics of the Accessories:

Pic 1) Michelin Tyres
Pic 2) Body Colored Front Protector
Pic 3) Chicken Pox Reverse Sensors
Pic 4) Body Colored Rear Protector
Attached Thumbnails
Honda 2.0 - My Name Is ANHC-dsc04799.jpg  

Honda 2.0 - My Name Is ANHC-dsc04800.jpg  

Honda 2.0 - My Name Is ANHC-dsc04801.jpg  

Honda 2.0 - My Name Is ANHC-dsc04802.jpg  

Old 24th February 2010, 23:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Pic 3) Chicken Pox Reverse Sensors
Nice one, even I felt they could have provided body colored.

Looks like WF Honda is providing more freebies than anyone else in Bangalore,

Congratulations once again.

Drive safe and have fun.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:32   #25
BHPian

Initial Drive

Initial Drive

Initial ODO: 17KM.

So having never driven in India before except for the Driving Class updates here i was, sitting with a seat belt on staring at the not so busy streets. (Another pre planned delivery time to make sure less traffic is there as i was not totally sure of my driving skills)

My house is around 10 KM from the showroom. Turned on the Music system and listening to Akon + Black Eyed Peas ( some one had set FULL TIME BASS) there started the short journey. Just like how someone can never forget swimming, i took like a duck to water in this AT. The steering wheel was light and responsive. Engine sound muffled by BOOM BOOM POW song. The all important ORVM gave a good view of the surroundings. And i saw a Hump approaching. All team-bhp recommendations flashed through my head and it helped. Cruised along. So one more nice update.

Note: Potential ANHC owners, learn to ride on Speed Breakers. (Especially Bangalore folks).

Rest of the drive was uneventful. I had a preplanned place for filling in more petrol. Shell petrol. 1 km from my house. Lady tried to sell Premium saying "New car know sir, just 3 rupees more." I was not convinced. Did not feel the need for Premium as never used it in my previous car also. So denied it. Tank Full. Went home.

My 4 year old son was still sleeping. This was a surprise for him. He did not know we were buying a car and that too today. So waited for him to stir bak out of sleep. It took a long time. Rest of the days, its a blessing in disguise if he sleeps (so that i can catch some movies) but today was not the case. At last he woke up. Took him out and asked him if he likes the car. He is another team-bhpian in the making. He recognizes most of the cars in Indian roads. He saw the car, named it.

And I asked " Do you like this car?"
Kid "Yes."
Me "Shall we buy it?"
Kid "Yes"
Me did some abra ca dabra magic and pulled out the keys, opened the car and made him sit in the back seat. That was a priceless expression which he gave. I could not capture that moment but it is in his mind.

Went on a ride with him in tow. I made a rule that he SHOULD be sitting in the back seat. PERIOD.

Note: I would really appreciate if you make your kids (<12) sit in the back seat please.

One Pic with the Kid and the car. Irony is he is wearing a FERRARI t-shirt (huge fan of Formula-1) but standing posing for a Honda.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda 2.0 - My Name Is ANHC-dsc04812.jpg  

Old 24th February 2010, 23:37   #26
BHPian

That is an excellent writeup. If I was in banglore, and wanted to purchase a honda, i would have an excellent walkthrough(as in game walk throughs) available as reference.

Honda,Toyota is the 'desi' way of buying a car in US and I am a victim too.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:46   #27
BHPian

Likes and Dislikes so far

1) Automatic - Nice pickup and felt nice.
2) Flexy Steering Wheel. Real Comfort in cities. Havent taken it at high speeds so cannot comment on the behavior at high speeds.
3) Aux/USB - Being a computer/electronicas geek, love this. TGNCD. (Thank God, No CDs)
4) Engine - Real good engine. Can say Butter Smooth
5) Spacious. (Mine is a nuclear family so not a problem. Hatch would have worked also i think.)

Dislikes:

1) Who thought of those Chrome handles. Felt like Dubai ka Sheikh car. Wife loved the Polished Metal Metallic. I also liked the color but AT coming with those Chrome handles, thehttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Frustration.gif contrast was hitting my face. Nah, i DID not like the handles. Silver was the only color masking the Chrome. Wish i could have saved some money in NOT having Chrome. (Well, i know people here LOVE chrome - so no flames please. :-))

2) Beige interior seats Puhleeeze! I loved my previous Grey interior seats in Honda Civic. I hate BEIGE. Silver colored car with Beige. Gosh, Honda should provide options for interiors. Beige looks good on Red/Black/Polished Metal but on Silver. NADA.

3) Accessories pricing: Not sure if this is a universal problem but the price list is a SHOCKER.

More will follow once i put on some miles.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
That is an excellent writeup. If I was in banglore, and wanted to purchase a honda, i would have an excellent walkthrough(as in game walk throughs) available as reference.

Honda,Toyota is the 'desi' way of buying a car in US and I am a victim too.
Are you into Gaming? Which one? I was hooked into PS2. Now back in India - no gaming at all. Kid is growing up and dont want to influence him in spending time playing console games.

Honda/Toyota - oh man - go to any desi potluck party (i am talking about 2000 and with so many newbies coming in for Y2K) Folks used to discuss GC first. (GC = Green Card. GC=Ground Clearance in team-bhp and that too in ANHC thread. ) Then verbal duels on Honda VS Toyota. Quite funny it was.
Old 25th February 2010, 00:05   #29
BHPian

Things to learn in Team-BHP

Team-BHP 101

All Newbies like me, this is a suggestion i have for you. Things to learn in Team-BHP.

1) If you are undecided on a car - WHAT CAR section is the first place you need to go. So get a membership and start from there. Lots of inputs will be provided which may help you or mess you up completely.

Note: There are lots of brand Fan Boys here in the Forum. Irrespective of what your requirement is - they will tell ONLY about the brands they own/like. So take the answers with a bag of salt. Use your judgement.

2) Once you finalize on the Make/Model - Visit the Test Drive and Initial Ownership reports. Search for you Make/Model. Read through each one of them. Make notes as to what/why a person went to the particular model etc. Also, you will learn about Features etc which are way better than magazine reviews. Some of the reviews in here are spot on.

3) With research done on all the features - time for TD. Tips and Tricks for TD are also present if you search. Follow them to the T.

4) Once decided, come back to the Ownership threads and look for latest deals on that particular Make/Model. In your City or Other Cities. PM the owners and i am sure folks will be more than willing to help.

5) Go to the Loan/Insurance threads. You will have enough information in there to pass Banking Entrance exam. Similarly, Insurance stories are also makes you more knowledgeable.

6) Accessories: Which one, Why, how much. All are answered in the Accessories thread. Make sure you visit this thread BEFORE you buy/finalize deals with the dealer. Sunfilms, Parking Sensors, Alloys, Tyres - you name it, it is there.

7) Once you finalize the deal, VIN number decoding if in doubt. It definitely helps if you are buying in the 1st QTR.

8) PRI & PDI.

9) Come back and share your experience here and keep updating and graduate from Test Drive and Initial Ownership threads to Long Term Ownership thread.

10) Last but not the least - Drive Safe. Use the Travelogues page to plan your travelogues well in advance and payback.

Enough of Ranting from my side. I am off to Travelogue sites as long weekend and School holidays are coming. Need to plan.

Thanks for reading my Initial TD and Buying Experience. With frequent updates
(as Arnold tells)
I WILL BE BACK!
Old 25th February 2010, 02:38   #30
BHPian

Excellent writeup. Finished reading in just one sitting ( its 2.37 am now).

Congrats on your beauty; pamper her well and she will take care of you.

Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks