Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 13:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i just hate the fact that bmw gives black bumpers on the x5, even the 4.8i. it looks just horrible and pretty cheap. if painted it will look so much better.
Black part is not exctly the bumper itself but the cladding around, which is kind of extended more in the front and back. I guess this is common to most SUVs(CRV, Captiva etc have them)
Old 24th February 2010, 13:25   #17
BHPian

Nice review there. 1 crore for an SUV? I'd rather buy a 2 seater sports car with that kind of money though.
It's a good thing we don't have green peace activists roaming the streets of Delhi or Bombay or these large beasts of burden would have been scratched up in no time.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Very detailed review. I thought it comes with run-flat tires. Its disappointing for not providing this for 1cr worth of vehicle.

Is Q7 more equipped than X5? So, what are the major difference between both.
Old 24th February 2010, 15:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Very detailed review. I thought it comes with run-flat tires. Its disappointing for not providing this for 1cr worth of vehicle.

Is Q7 more equipped than X5? So, what are the major difference between both.
Q7 does not come with, heads up display i think. and those camera's in both sides of front bumpers. other than that i don't think there is any difference. and i feel Q7 is more heavy. and X5 is sporty but useful for on road excitment. VW toureg is more offroader and Q7 is somewhere in between.

the range rover comes with idiot proof terrain response system. you just have to select the type of terrain you are traveling on. and it also now comes with the magical split screen. i don't know what you call that. but the passenger in the front can watch movies while at the same time the driver can only see navigation screen. amazing

Last edited by Caramelo : 24th February 2010 at 15:40.
Old 24th February 2010, 20:24   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Congrats on your ride. 225 tyres are positively skinny for a vehicle this size.
theyre 255/50 r19 tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Black part is not exctly the bumper itself but the cladding around, which is kind of extended more in the front and back. I guess this is common to most SUVs(CRV, Captiva etc have them)
yes cladding is a better word. but the captiva still has smaller cladding so does the crv. on a 1cr suv is looks just horrible. ive seen some x5s with this cladding painted to the body colour at what a difference it makes to the looks.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2010, 20:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up buddy. But for 1 crore, I'd choose a Range Rover.
Old 24th February 2010, 22:09   #22
BHPian

Thank you akshay1234, ajmat, bigron, diffsoft, .anshuman, RP_812, ishotmydog, khan75, ramsagar, anand123 your kind comments.

EDIT: The tires are 255/50 R19s not 225s

I also forgot to mention the sound system was exceptional. I forgot to count the number of speakers+tweeters, but rest assured, they did their job very well.

@lamborghini, the scroller on the light control panel is for xenon intesity. The fog lamps up front can be switched on individually on either side. Agreed on the choice of the 530D over the X5 for driver involvement. But at that price the M3 is an even more tempting proposition. What say?

Caramelo, the X5 maybe becoming fairly common, but the view from up front is rather fearsome. The Q7 even more so with that massive grill trying to swallow you whole.

Sahil, Really?? That's just wrong! the 3.0 D was their largest selling their variant and discontinuing it is just plain stupidity. Has anyone driven it?

Yes, the grey cladding up front is an eyesore and body coloured bumpers would have been wonderful.

I agree with all those who would buy a Rangie over this V8. But consider the following points. The V8 diesel falls well over the 1Cr mark and the LR network is highly limited. I doubt they'd have the service packages and extended warranties that BMW lavishes you with. Plus Rangies are widely known to be unreliable and have their share of electronic gremlins
Old 25th February 2010, 01:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

That's a wonderful write up Notronium, evnjoyed reading it thoroughly. Somehow though, I'm not impressed one bit by this new design. The Touareg OTOH, my oh my, that V10 TDI. Just a personal opinion though.
Old 25th February 2010, 02:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review - extremely detailed! I loved it to bits

I'm a huge BMW fan but with 1 crore in hand for an SUV, I think I'd have to go with the cayenne! Thanks for the photos, it was nice seeing details that auto mag's never cover.
Old 25th February 2010, 09:55   #25
BHPian

nitro boy.what happened to the other beemer? sold?
Old 25th February 2010, 10:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice review Nitronium, A few corrections, the X5 does have the Runflat tyres of 255/50 R19 Profile and the spare provided is a space saver (emergency wheel). Also the scroller in the Light switch control is for dimming the interior cabin lights not the Xenon. The fog light switch is for the front and rear, not for individual left and right. Enjoy the ride!
Old 25th February 2010, 12:14   #27
BHPian

@ anekho: Thanks buddy!

@flyingspur: I never liked the earlier X5 and always thought that was butt ugly. This facelifted version seems to do the trick for most. V10 TDI Touareg? Droolfest indeed. Though the engine isn't in production anymore, there's an equally powerful V8 on offer.

@charan23: Nope. Still here. The X5 was merely a guest for a week

@Maverick: Thanks for the corrections! The owners manual did a good job confusing me. It was for the US spec X5 where the light cluster is a bit different. I'm assuming you're also familiar with the self leveling thing that the lights do when you switch them on?

Last edited by Nitronium : 25th February 2010 at 12:22.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:13   #28
BHPian

top gear just made a joke out of the x6 and its Xdrive. i watched the horror myself on youtube. lolz they say its the most useless car in the world. this is not my opinion but it was kinda funny.
Old 25th February 2010, 15:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Excellent write up and really loved the way you have described every detail of the car. Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the beast.

Since everyone is posting their dream vehicle to be bought at 1crore, let me say, I would have bought the Panamera
Old 25th February 2010, 16:24   #30
BHPian

@Ravan: Wish i had purchased this (or do I? :P)

This is just a car we had for a week and I felt it was my moral responsibility to share it here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks