Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 16:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice work with the HU maglev. Thats some innovation you did there. Waiting to hear your inputs on the sound quality. Do you have pictures of the install process?

And yes before I forget, congrats on your new LXi. Happy motoring.
Dippy Sir, thanks for taking care of the matter. The pics are in the other thread. Link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...into-ritz.html
Old 4th March 2010, 21:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice work with the HU maglev. Thats some innovation you did there. Waiting to hear your inputs on the sound quality. Do you have pictures of the install process?

And yes before I forget, congrats on your new LXi. Happy motoring.
Thank you Sirji,

The Sound Quality is exactly like any OE Maruti ICE setup should be.
As both the HU and speakers are actually OE Maruti

I have only installed two 6 inch Nippon coaxial speaker's in the front.

This basic setup is more than enough when we take into account the fact that it would be the office runabout eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Dippy Sir, thanks for taking care of the matter. The pics are in the other thread. Link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...into-ritz.html

Thanks for posting the link buddy.
Old 4th March 2010, 22:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
The SX4 OE HU transplant has been given the final finishing touch and a new paintjob. Have a look guys...
As good as OE on the Ritz - great job!

Quote:
Come on Sid, we don't expect such inappropriate statements from a Distinguished BHPian. Such references are derogatory to the entire people of Kalyan Puri Village and entire bunch of Fleet Owners. The Villagers are Humans like us no matter if they don't have a high standard of living. Rather than taking a dig on them, we should thank God we're not in their places.

Regarding Truckers, the drivers decorate their Roadkings not the owners.

Sid, he's already bought OE Wheelcovers of Dzire for 300 bucks (AFAIK). I had a talk with him in the evening. You could've got Santro's OE Wheel covers for the same price or even less.
I am sure Sid was being tongue in cheek. You don't have to be politically correct every time!

Quote:
Its both actually, The film is slightly on the darker side and the light conditions were indeed poor.
Are these films allowed in NCR?
Old 4th March 2010, 23:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
As good as OE on the Ritz - great job!
Thanks Buddy!!

Quote:
Are these films allowed in NCR?
The rule for sun films is that

VLT: Visual light transmission for the:

Side glasses should be 50%
Front & rear wind screens is 70%

The sun film on my car is legal although it seems to be dark due to the poor light conditions but it is the darkest legally allowed film.

Last edited by maglev : 4th March 2010 at 23:03.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure Sid was being tongue in cheek. You don't have to be politically correct every time!
Buddy, when TBHP doesn't allow discussion on religions due to their volatile nature, I suppose such generalisations also fall into the same frame. Sid might be joking but a person whose from the said place or a fleet owner may infer wrong about TBHP's activity and this may result in negative publicity.

TBHP's link are amongst the firsts in Google searches and chances are very high that the said post may appear too.

Quote:

The sun film on my car is legal although it seems to be dark due to the poor light conditions but it is the darkest legally allowed film.
What about SX4's film, are they legal?

Last edited by tsk13 : 5th March 2010 at 22:59.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:06   #51
BHPian

Quote:
What about SX4's film, are they legal?
The SX4 has Jet Black tints on the sides, the front & rear windscreen's are almost transparent though.
Old 7th March 2010, 03:11   #52
BANNED

Quote:
The SX4 has Jet Black tints on the sides, the front & rear windscreen's are almost transparent though.
thats very illegal man... and jet black tints kind off cheap and gives wrong impression to people.... because many guys who roam around for eve teasing get it done and seriously it looks really bad.... try getting only up to 50% it looks sofisticated and serves the purpose of blocking sunlight and UV rays....
Old 7th March 2010, 11:44   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing.commander View Post
thats very illegal man... and jet black tints kind off cheap and gives wrong impression to people.... because many guys who roam around for eve teasing get it done and seriously it looks really bad.... try getting only up to 50% it looks sofisticated and serves the purpose of blocking sunlight and UV rays....

I personally like black tints all around (ie sides + front & rear windshield). But since the law doesn't permit that. I went ahead with jet black tints on the sides and transparent ones for both the windshields. Even though they are jet black, during the day one can see inside the car as both the front + rear are transparent.
Old 7th March 2010, 15:02   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I personally like black tints all around (ie sides + front & rear windshield). But since the law doesn't permit that. I went ahead with jet black tints on the sides and transparent ones for both the windshields. Even though they are jet black, during the day one can see inside the car as both the front + rear are transparent.
The rear has a full-size sunshade + Fronts tinted + Sides Jet Black = Totally Dark. You lied.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:32   #55
BHPian

Quote:
The rear has a full-size sunshade + Fronts tinted + Sides Jet Black = Totally Dark. You lied.

I have not lied as the film on the front and rear wind shields is transparent.

The sunshade is removable and can be rolled up or down as per the wish of the rear seat's occupants.

The sunshade is 100% legal, and it has small holes through which one can see both ways.
Old 7th March 2010, 18:20   #56
BHPian

Just finished reading the thread on teh HU transplant. Very neatly done and it gives a great step by step guide for others who want to try it.. That guy in the speaker shop seems pretty reluctant to be in the pic lol
Old 13th March 2010, 20:19   #57
BANNED

dude no personal grudges just a suggestion.. don't take it on heart...

Quote:

We've purchased a new Ritz Lxi in the Superior White shade, today.

Dealer: Pasco Automobiles, Gurgaon
Buying Experience: Excellent
Odometer Reading: 10 KM
Pre Registration Check: Done
Team-BHP Check list: Done

The car had all that I wanted, it comes with an all aluminium K-Series engine, stiff body & chassis, CNG conversion compatibility, A/C, Power Steering, large and wide opening doors, high roofline, comfort oriented suspension, New & fresh design, not very common on the roads, etc.

The Ritz seemed perfect for my Grand Parents / parents to be chauffeured around in.

All in all a very practical hatchback which was needed in the family as this one is the only Hatch we've got (Apart from the Octavia).

Accessories Bought from the dealer:

1. Rear Parcel shelf
2. Carpeted floor Mats
3. Door Side Beeding

Will be going in for a tire upgrade & MGA Anti-Theft System tomorrow.

Suggestions / Advice are welcome!!

One of the girls from the sales team, while performing pooja on the car: Attachment 295016
dude how can buy RITZ ? it appears as if electric shock is given to the buyer.i hope u know what i mean zzzzzzzzz
dude i sold it after driving for only 998 km only i cant understand how can the company launch such a car ? it should be priced less than tata nano.. i have sold this car and bought tata nano and it is much much better its got better pick up better looks.. it looks like some one banged in the car's rear and car's front came out.dude just a suggestion either u sell this car and buy tato nano or paint it black with yellow stripes and put a TAXI sticker on it
dude no hard feelings or any personal grudges but seriously man sell it trust me

Last edited by wing.commander : 13th March 2010 at 20:28.
Old 13th March 2010, 20:36   #58
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Eddy : 14th March 2010 at 01:01. Reason: Note inline
Old 14th March 2010, 00:13   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing.commander View Post
dude how can buy RITZ ? it appears as if electric shock is given to the buyer.i hope u know what i mean zzzzzzzzz
dude i sold it after driving for only 998 km only i cant understand how can the company launch such a car ? it should be priced less than tata nano.. i have sold this car and bought tata nano and it is much much better its got better pick up better looks.. it looks like some one banged in the car's rear and car's front came out.dude just a suggestion either u sell this car and buy tato nano or paint it black with yellow stripes and put a TAXI sticker on it
dude no hard feelings or any personal grudges but seriously man sell it trust me
@MAGLEV- the ritz is a great car indeed. the looks are masculine and muscular. even the engine is very refined. but howcome such cars are not liked and more preference is given to a nano. with personal experiences, i recomend you the RITZ in any and every case as i personally own a nano.

regards
SINGH

Last edited by S.I.N.G.H : 14th March 2010 at 00:19.
Old 14th March 2010, 00:37   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
@MAGLEV- the ritz is a great car indeed. the looks are masculine and muscular. even the engine is very refined. but howcome such cars are not liked and more preference is given to a nano. with personal experiences, i recomend you the RITZ in any and every case as i personally own a nano.

regards
SINGH

I guess mine was a lemon then .

Most Viewed