Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:37   #76

That is what i was thinking K-Series has this totally different ECU and i guess the Emulator that is installed on my machine is not living up-to the mark and moreover its Open loop. My installer haven't even got a iota of knowledge of how to solve this issue. This Sucks but i was happy with my other car conversion as none ever faced any issue.

Maruti guys are like so very ready to rip apart all my life saving to get my machine get converted into CNG. what they quoted "Hold on to your breath"= staggering 65k without RTO endorsement now thats CHEAP. Its a sequential kit, but still its way over priced no way i would let them empty my bank account which already is teeny-weeny and a size of a microbe.

How about you accompanying me to your installer this weekend(i know i am mean :P)? i put up in Ashok Vihar a suburb in north of Delhi near to Model Town(which is no way a Model for any town any more except some lovely fat chicks :P) . Do let me know if you can spare some time this weekend. I work(Pretend) on weekdays in gurgaon and i guess it wont be possible to make it on weekdays, this Pretending takes all the stamina from me till evening and this super smooth traffic takes the rest of whatever is left off from me.

so what say ? i would love to meet a fellow BHP'ian
Old 24th June 2010, 11:31   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucksin View Post
That is what i was thinking K-Series has this totally different ECU and i guess the Emulator that is installed on my machine is not living up-to the mark and moreover its Open loop. My installer haven't even got a iota of knowledge of how to solve this issue. This Sucks but i was happy with my other car conversion as none ever faced any issue.

Maruti guys are like so very ready to rip apart all my life saving to get my machine get converted into CNG. what they quoted "Hold on to your breath"= staggering 65k without RTO endorsement now thats CHEAP. Its a sequential kit, but still its way over priced no way i would let them empty my bank account which already is teeny-weeny and a size of a microbe.

How about you accompanying me to your installer this weekend(i know i am mean :P)? i put up in Ashok Vihar a suburb in north of Delhi near to Model Town(which is no way a Model for any town any more except some lovely fat chicks :P) . Do let me know if you can spare some time this weekend. I work(Pretend) on weekdays in gurgaon and i guess it wont be possible to make it on weekdays, this Pretending takes all the stamina from me till evening and this super smooth traffic takes the rest of whatever is left off from me.

so what say ? i would love to meet a fellow BHP'ian
↲↲

This weekend seems fine, I'll talk to the installer once and then let you know!
Old 16th February 2011, 18:51   #78
BHPian

An update long overdue!!

Hi guys,

Sorry for the overly delayed report on the car. Well the Ritz LXi was bought on 24th Feb 2010. She would be completing a full year with us in 8 more days.
She was retrofitted with a CNG kit from a reputed independent installer on 16th May 2010. On this day the odometer read 4,366km.

Once the CNG conversion was done, the car was used day in and day out.

The second & third service’ went by pretty much uneventfully, the fourth one was expensive at about Rs: 6-7K/-

The following were replaced / cleaned done during the 4th service @ 20,000km i.e. IIRC:

• Engine Oil + Filter (R)
• Air Filter (R)
• Transmission Oil (R)
• Throttle Body Cleaning (C)
• Injector Cleaning (C)
• Spark Plugs (R)
• Washing
• Windshield Washer Fluid Concentrate(R)
• Coolant (top-up)
• Wheel Alignment & Balancing

As of today the odometer reads: 26,016 KM

Faults / Niggles

• Horn failed thrice, got it changed twice from Maruti (Under warranty),
the third time I got it rectified by changing the entire wiring of the
horns and replacing the horns themselves with a pair of Minda Klaxxon’s.

Overall I would like to say that it has been wonderful, owning this great car.

We've been consistently getting 16-17 km per kilo (City + 100% A/C) and around 20-21 km per Kilo (Highway + 100% A/C) and add to this the fact that CNG cost around Rs 29/- per kg in New Delhi. Making the car extremely economical to run. I am happy and would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th February 2011 at 19:06. Reason: Updating thread title, Reference removed.
Old 16th February 2011, 22:22   #79
BHPian

re: Maruti Ritz : 44,000 kms on CNG

did you face any major/minor problems related to tuning just after your service? as the replacement spark plugs would have to be adjusted to be used with cng i believe!
Old 19th February 2011, 23:32   #80
BHPian

Here's a pic of the Odometer clicked today, I'll be posting more pics of the car soon.

Maruti Ritz : 44,000 kms on CNG-img2011021900118.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
did you face any major/minor problems related to tuning just after your service? as the replacement spark plugs would have to be adjusted to be used with cng i believe!
Apart from the spark plugs, service guys might disconnect the battery which would erase the CNG ecu in any case.

Thats why as a rule after each service at MASS, the car goes to the installer for a general check up + CNG kit tuning.
Old 27th October 2011, 16:08   #81
BHPian

Update !!

A small update on the car, she's been doing extremely well, no faults, niggles, etc.
Only the A/C on/off switch is showing signs of age. Apart from that she's been running beautifully, The car had completed 43,959 KM yesterday.
That means an average of roughly 72 kms per day, she's still on stock tires which look like they'll last for another 10k km.

The best part is that it doesn't feel tiny on the inside, one gets a nice big car feel. I am happy with the decision and the service its been providing for the past 1 year & 8 months.

Request to mods for change of thread title to: Ritz 44K kms in 1y 8m, on CNG.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : 44,000 kms on CNG-img2011102600052.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : 44,000 kms on CNG-img2011102600053.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : 44,000 kms on CNG-img2011102600055.jpg  

Last edited by maglev : 27th October 2011 at 16:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks