Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 13:13   #31
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
Quote:
A very nice report. I have always wondered about one thing, where do you keep the car's documents? I don't think you get a normal glove box in the Nano.
Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Yeah, the storage spaces are a little problem in the Nano. But as far as the documents are concerned, i keep them in a small folder in the back pocket of the passanger seat.

For all my experience with the Nano on the shimla trip, the link is :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-all-well.html
Old 26th April 2010, 23:39   #32
kkg
BHPian

Ok mates. The Vikram has crossed 3500KMs mark. It is back into the familiar territory after returning From Shimla and Giving some exellent FE. Now the FE is back to 14-15 KMPL with Ac in Delhi. I am the only one getting such poor mileage in the city?
Old 27th May 2010, 16:13   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Ok mates. The Vikram has crossed 3500KMs mark. It is back into the familiar territory after returning From Shimla and Giving some exellent FE. Now the FE is back to 14-15 KMPL with Ac in Delhi. I am the only one getting such poor mileage in the city?
That's great! Mine (LX - sunshine yellow) crossed the 900 km mark and is giving 16 kmpl in Mysore with AC on. It was 21 kms (without AC) on my Mysore-Bangalore trip. One good thing! After the first service 2 days ago, the car has become absolutely smooth. The sound is reduced by 80%! I am really happy with the buy. My friend bought an Alto by paying 1,10,000/- more and without power windows and we went on a long trip. Somehow I found it cramped; OR, I may be biased. Some say that Maruthi Alto is a time tested vehicle and its long term endurence is guaranteed: NANO, it is yet to be seen.
Old 1st June 2010, 21:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Excellent threads! I enjoyed reading them!

You really have passion on automobiles! NANO is definitely a decent car. This car is mainly designed for city use. If it can do this well in a long run, we can term it as a success. IMHO those two issues of burning has got some thing to do with tampering of electrical wiring by dealer/out side mechanic (for extra fittings). In your case, since it is fully loaded version, this probability is ruled out. Expecting too much from this car may be unfair.
My personal advice - Use Spark when you are driving more then 100 Kms one way. Even a remote chance of getting stranded is not worth taking the risk. You need to enjoy your holiday/trip without having to worry about anything. Please do not think that I am trying to discourage you. This is only my honest opinion.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:14   #35
kkg
BHPian

[
Quote:
QUOTE=Chethan B G;1916255]Excellent threads! I enjoyed reading them!

My personal advice - Use Spark when you are driving more then 100 Kms one way. Even a remote chance of getting stranded is not worth taking the risk. You need to enjoy your holiday/trip without having to worry about anything. Please do not think that I am trying to discourage you. This is only my honest opinion.
[/quote]

Thanks for your advice Chetan, I appreciate that. But its was so much fun driving vikram on the highway and hills that it would defintely take that risk again. This time to Manali this August.
Old 18th July 2010, 01:35   #36
kkg
BHPian

MODS : kindly move this thread to the Long term Ownership section and add second service done at 5000kms.Thanks.

I didn’t expect this from my Vikram, seriously I didn’t.

Saturday morning 17 July, standing at A one motors, Rama Road with Mr. Prem Kumar ( service advisor, Only for Nanos) when I was asked about the complaints and any problems in the car, I was dumbfounded. There weren’t any major complaints to complain, no real issues to raise. A nano driven for 5000 kms, taken out of station, still no rattles, no squeaks, GREAT.

I just told him to check the seat belts, check the average ( like any body and every body even if the FE is above ARAI certifications), and clean the interiors. That was it. All the process of opening the job card and me leaving the showroom took hardly 10 minutes. The chap was nice and there was only one other nano to cater, so I was promised delivery around 2 Pm ( I did get a call at 2Pm to come and collect it). He asked whether I got a call from Techno automobiles ( actual place from where car was bought by the first owner). I said no because we are the second owners, no calls was received. I knew why he was asking this.

At around 4 in the evening we collected the car, it was clean from outside but was a little dirty inside ( wife noticed it), the staff at the workshop apologized and did the rest. SO no issues, wifey were happy. The bill was raised and the amount payable was ZERO. ( the labor was free since it was free second service and the engine oil was not changed either to be changed at 10000 kms)
Again I was happy. Owning a Car like NANO and still being treated like this was actually good. The personal attention of the SA and the other staff was great. Now the time will only tell with the increasing no of nanos on the road, which direction it goes.

My intuition was right and parts related to the FUEL lines were changed. It is good gesture from Tata motors and their dealers to do such job. I mean all the parts were in stock and the job was done in very little time. Story of our Nano now called... Vikram-dsc01685-1600x1200.jpg

So the big question is how about the time and around 4000 kms with the Vikram ( first 1000 kms were done by the first owner). I must say all the negatives and positives I observed earlier are still the same and thankfully there are no additions to the negatives list. I still enjoy driving it .

The thing is this is no BMW or Mercedes where in you have so many features that it usually takes months to explore them and then enjoy them, so the interest in the vehicle remains for a longer period of time. This is a basic car and in a basic car if you find some flaws in the first month and number of those remain the same at the end of sixth month it is a great thing i guess and on top of it,if it still makes you and other people smile, it sure has something.

The FE with AC in city is 14kmpl and the amount on the maintenance is still ZERO.

The odo reads 4963 as of now and the engine has become a bit smoother now. I must add that there are some noises in the car but those were present from day one so nothing new has creped in . May be these are integral part of all the NANOs. I have added a basic ICE ( USB and card reader stereo with Sony speakers on the rear tray) which is sufficient for my wife’s need.

SO every thing is fine till now, hope it continues like this ( another long trip is on the cards soon ) . I promise to keep everyone updated.

Last edited by kkg : 18th July 2010 at 01:40.
Old 18th July 2010, 02:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the update about the Nano. It's a joy to read that the car is doing well and that it is living upto its billing. Your service experience seems to have been fine as well.

Good luck till the next update .
Old 24th January 2011, 16:23   #38
kkg
BHPian

Re: Story of our Nano now called... Vikram

Its 24th of January today and exactly one year I bought my Vikram. SO,it's first birthday for my nano Happy birthday to it. Its been a wonderful one year with the nano with almost no problems.

By the way the third service was done on 27/12/2010 at 7393kms. I took it to Rachna motors this time as Aone motors had shifted to some other place. The overall service experience was good except the billing incident when they levied an additional 300Rs for some Washing and Vaccuming (car lubricants). I told them not to do that at the time of job card preparation. Anyways they deducted the amount and everything was ok. The central locking is still not working as the main gun has gone kaput and was not in stock. They have ordered it and said that they will get back to me when it comes, but even after one month no call received.

The total amount I paid was Rs 760 including oil change,oil filter change plus some coolant and other consumbles. I am happy with it.

The ride of car is getting better and engine is more smoother now. However some squeaks and sounds are coming from clutch, parcel tray. The new commercials are on the air now and every time I see them, I feel proud of my nano. LONG LIVE NANO.
Old 24th January 2011, 17:47   #39
BHPian

No offences to existing owners.

My wife bought a Nano LX in October(the yellow colored one).
I am extremely disappointed with the vehicle as of now. It has done only 444 kms so far as I hate to drive it and my wife is not that keen as well,

Did first sevice and nothing has improved in the vehicle, the steering is
ultra tight, noise level has only increased.

A noise while idling near the right of the steering is annoying(its like a warning sign the car may break down anytime).
The service guys said everything is normal.

The finishing inside is just ridiculous, they have just covered wiring for the sake of it. The seats are so hard it feels like sitting on a hard rock for hours.

I have written off the vehicle as junk and my wife is still a lil annoyed why she bought this junk(for 2.3 lacs).

I feel Tata is taking us for a ride, Its cheap car indeed.

I would anyday recommend a good bike instead of this car or just pay the extra lakh and go for spark/alto/santro/anything.
Old 24th January 2011, 18:56   #40
BHPian

Congrats and best wishes for completing the first year of Nano' ing.
The clutch setting and parcel tray packing can solve you issues of squeaks. Just check with your A** guy. For your further information, the production has picked up very well in the Sanand plant and they are able to bill good amount of nanos. It already exceeded the Dec' 10 figures. They are also going to start the second shift for increasing the nos in a very steep ramp up. So, soon you will be seeing them more frequently, all over.
Have a great time nano' ing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Its 24th of January today and exactly one year I bought my Vikram. SO,it's first birthday for my nano Happy birthday to it. Its been a wonderful one year with the nano with almost no problems.

By the way the third service was done on 27/12/2010 at 7393kms. I took it to Rachna motors this time as Aone motors had shifted to some other place. The overall service experience was good except the billing incident when they levied an additional 300Rs for some Washing and Vaccuming (car lubricants). I told them not to do that at the time of job card preparation. Anyways they deducted the amount and everything was ok. The central locking is still not working as the main gun has gone kaput and was not in stock. They have ordered it and said that they will get back to me when it comes, but even after one month no call received.

The total amount I paid was Rs 760 including oil change,oil filter change plus some coolant and other consumbles. I am happy with it.

The ride of car is getting better and engine is more smoother now. However some squeaks and sounds are coming from clutch, parcel tray. The new commercials are on the air now and every time I see them, I feel proud of my nano. LONG LIVE NANO.
Old 25th January 2011, 14:50   #41
kkg
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
No offences to existing owners.

The finishing inside is just ridiculous, they have just covered wiring for the sake of it. The seats are so hard it feels like sitting on a hard rock for hours.

I have written off the vehicle as junk and my wife is still a lil annoyed why she bought this junk(for 2.3 lacs).

I feel Tata is taking us for a ride, Its cheap car indeed.

I don't agree with you at all. This is the best you could have got at the price point. Regarding the interior finish and the seats, why didn't you notice it before buying??
It is not at all apt to call it junk just because it didn't match up to your already high expectations.
Old 25th January 2011, 15:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
I have written off the vehicle as junk and my wife is still a lil annoyed why she bought this junk(for 2.3 lacs)
You may have got a lemon, no not bcoz of the yellow color , if interested PM me, will try to catch up and since I have experienced this hate-child for 1 year and 11,000Kms, may be I can tell you if there is indeed a issue as you wrote. If not we can agree that this is what Tata gives us for 2~ lacs, some love it, some loathe it... many hate it.
Old 25th January 2011, 15:13   #43
BHPian

With no offences to anybody I think it is appropriate that this thread be about the ownership review of kkg's Nano. If other Nano owners are dissatsified with their cars then perhaps its better to start new threads to document their experiences with their car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks