Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 14:58   #1
kkg
BHPian

Story of our Nano now called... Vikram

Never in my wildest of dreams i ever thought that i would own a TATA (other than a safari) but once you get married things do get changed and its about how they changed.

Its all about our needs and the limitations we had and then finding the solutions as per them, so i would like to tell you about them first.

Needs first:

1 My wife is working and her workplace is approx 6 kms from our home, some untoward happenings with her in the usual public transport she used till date had made us think of some alternative.
2 we need something that is as economical as reliable but not common as of now(mainly i think that)

Now the limitations:

1. Usual: no parking space as we already have a Chevy spark, a Honda unicorn and my father's Bajaj Chetak. Nothing more can be accommodated in front of our house.
2 Usual: very limited financial resources
3 Usual: Both my parents and my in laws would never allow my wife to have a two wheeler( her first suggestion).

So as luck would have it we decided on nothing till the morning of 9 jan 2010. Both of us planned to go to the much awaited Auto Expo totally unaware that from 2 weeks from now we will have our Vikram.
Old 1st March 2010, 15:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on being NANO'ed. By the way have you booked it or not? Did you get the delivery. How was the dealership experience. If you have already got it then where are the pics??
Old 9th March 2010, 19:04   #3
kkg
BHPian

.... so on our way to Auto Expo we saw a red nano taking a u turn right in front of us and my wife just went gaga over it. On next red light we were standing next to it admiring it until the light turned green and it disappeared into the traffic.
That day was full of nanos, nano at clarion stall, nano at Sir Sam kapaasi's JBL stall and nano in pink and green at Tata's own hall.My wife got to sit inside in the green nano and there and then it was decided- "Nothing else will do".

Next week came my wife's bday and there aren't any prizes to guess what gift she asked for. I had already told her there are some allotees who are not keen to take delivery and we have some chance. We went to various showrooms and learnt that though there are people who want to sell their pre alloted nanos but were asking premium. we were looking for the top end lx model in silver colour but the one available had asking premium of Rs 20000 and ayellow one with Rs 15000.So we called another dealer and the executive there told me though there was no new avaialble, he can give me the no. of a gentlema n who took his delivery last month and wants to sell it off. I got the no., called him and yes he was geniune person and had a genuine reason to sell the car and offered me a good price. I calculated that this would save me atleast Rs 25000 and although i would technically be second owner but that would been the same if had gotten the car from some allottee from te showroom. Altough the colour wsa golden (my least favorite) but i didn't mind it.
A week long of negotations and patience and we completed all the paper formailities and got the car. The previous owner was real gentleman, the car was scratchless, with polthyene on seats intact. In all it was in showroom condition. He also got the first service done and also tanked it full. We sat in it and started our journey back home, a journey that would cahne so many things. MORE TO COME...

MODS: i didn't book the car so didn't put this thread in that section, its both of initial Pre and Post ownership review,but you can always move the thread to the appropirate section .
Old 9th March 2010, 19:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new NANO, as others mentioned please post some pictures of your new baby girl :-)

EDIT: sorry baby boy, just saw the name :-)))

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th March 2010 at 19:15.
Old 10th March 2010, 00:37   #5
BHPian

Congrats on getting your Nano.
Do post some pictures. And it's the top end variant ain't it?
Old 10th March 2010, 08:20   #6
BHPian

Congratulations on your nano. Enjoy the miles and the mileage

How do you compare driving and travelling experience between your spark and nano? - Should be very interesting to hear it first hand from you.
Old 10th March 2010, 09:04   #7
BHPian

Many congratulations on your Nano. It surely grabs a lot of attention on road. Drive safe.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:55   #8
BHPian

whats vikram..??? its my name ...... hee hee....
whatever congrats & have fun & also do post some pics of your vikram
Old 10th March 2010, 18:17   #9
kkg
BHPian

I know i should have posted the pics by now by could not do so as the memory card got virus infected and had to fromat it..Will click some new ones at the weekend and post those ASAP.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:20   #10
BHPian

@kkg congratulations on owning the car that has captured the imagination of the entire automotive world. Please keep us posted on the driving experience. Any long drives yet?
Old 10th March 2010, 18:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the Nano Buy !

But such a small post - looking forward to the rest. Pics also please.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:30   #12
BHPian

I am hearing [reading, actually] quite a few stories of people selling of their NANOs after booking the car. Is there an particular reason for this?
Old 10th March 2010, 20:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
I am hearing [reading, actually] quite a few stories of people selling of their NANOs after booking the car. Is there an particular reason for this?
They book profit or people buy nano drive around for few months and sell for almost same price.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:44   #14
BHPian

Congrats on owning India's answer to the world car! What trim level is it?
Old 10th March 2010, 20:58   #15
kkg
BHPian

continued....

I got my nano on 24/01/2010 at 1019 kms on the odo. Almost a month and half later and another 1000kms i have concluded the followings things but would like to mention that these are purely my personal views on the car. More so, since the comparsions between the nano and the other cars are inevitable, i have always tried to evaluate it aganist the humble Maruti 800 and not against theother breed of higher spec cars. But i also use Chevy Spark as our regular car, some comparisons are always there.

+s

1. First things First, its a proper car. For all those those who think that the body shell is light or may not be strong, just need to feel the doors by closing them rapidly.They may not create a thud but are not feather light either (like the sparky,s rear doors). Its a huge achivement for Tatas' and kudos to them for this.

2. It is a proper car to drive indeed. Before driving it i always thought that it would jump on high speeds, would be the last one to get off the line, but it proved me wrong. The seating positon is good and it almost feels like driving a van. Coupled with small footprint and the intial pick up it manages to keep with the traffic. Not to mention that Power drop with air con on is really minimal. Moreover its easy to park and that helps.

3. The fuel efficiency i'm getting is quiet decent. It has hovered between 14kms/ltr to 17kms /ltr ( always tank full to tank full) . Also since my wife drives it most of the times i don't expect high average but on one day i drove it for more than 100 kms in full Dlehi traffic i manged somewhere around 18 kms/ltr.

4. Space is one of the biggest premium with the car. The design puts some tall boys to shame. The headroom and legroom are phenominal. I remember my 4 year old niece playing with her cousin between the front and the rear seat. They were standing upright and very having a good time. Not to mention that my elder brother was in front seat and he is 5'11.The space is just superb.

5. The biggest Postive as per me is the joy and smiles it brings it to everyone. It kind of bonds the common people together. From neighbours coming upto me to tell me that i can park it in their parkings to total strangers just gazing over it and smiling. The list of such experiences is endless and its been just one month. WOW.

Sad to say but this lovely car too has some -vs and some big ones if can say. More of those later....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks