Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 12:51   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
That piece of wood is a juggad to rest my right foot on during the long Patiala Delhi drive. I found the fly by wire tech Accelerator too light and the right foot was always straining to merely touch the pedal gently and not to push it hard. Maybe I'm used to Indica's desi pedal.
All I got out of that darned Ptials dealer was a glass of water and a Patiala peg of over sweetend tea. Period. Ah yes, there was this mandatory V shape red ribbon on the Bonnet and some Dhoopbatti too!!!
Congrats on your purchase, enjoy your luxury car

While we all at T-BHP request and suggest you to remove that wood piece ASAP. That dead pedal is a perfect recipe for Disaster, While a dead pedal can come close to the clutch pedal, and is advisable.
Old 7th March 2010, 13:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congrats on your purchase, enjoy your luxury car

While we all at T-BHP request and suggest you to remove that wood piece ASAP. That dead pedal is a perfect recipe for Disaster, While a dead pedal can come close to the clutch pedal, and is advisable.
Advise taken, sirjee. Desi dead pedal removed.
Old 7th March 2010, 13:15   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Windiesel: Congrats for your Manza.

Dead pedal is positioned next to clutch but in your case its next to the accelerator. How do you manage to drive with you right foot resting on the dead pedal?
Old 7th March 2010, 13:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Congrats on the new car. Can you please share what was the reason for buying it from Patiala and how much you paid to dealer as price for the car, temp registration, extended warranty etc? Thanks in advance.
I purchased it through Army CSD canteen. The CSD depot is in Bathinda and it has a tie up with this Dealer in Patiala. The Ex-showroom was Rs 550114. On road was around 6,05,000 incl extra 5k for white colour.(5K extra is for both white shades of Manza)
Also I would like to place on record that I did manage to get 50% NCB of my old car transferred to the Manza thanks to the forum on NCB right on this site.

Last edited by windiesel : 7th March 2010 at 13:23. Reason: wrong english
Old 7th March 2010, 13:39   #20
BHPian

The MID may be hazy due to a protective plastic film (Atleast thats what it looks like from the photograph). Try removing it to cure this.

Did you get the seatcovers and matts from the dealer or are they after market?

Cheers,
V
Old 7th March 2010, 13:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
The MID may be hazy due to a protective plastic film (Atleast thats what it looks like from the photograph). Try removing it to cure this.
Did you get the seatcovers and matts from the dealer or are they after market?Cheers,V
I also thought that there maybe a plastic film covering the DIS, but alas this was not so. Hope there is some other reason for it.
No. the seat covers are mats are not from the dealer but purchased from Lajpat Nagar Delhi.

Last edited by windiesel : 7th March 2010 at 13:47.
Old 7th March 2010, 14:46   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your new car.
Must say the Manza looks absolutely majestic in white.I am sure you are enjoying your new white giant.

Can you tell me what was the CSD price when you had booked it before the Budget ?
Old 7th March 2010, 14:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Windiesel congrats on your Manza QJD Aura, any weekend drives planned on the Manza if yes put on the drive details with mileage statistics.
Old 7th March 2010, 15:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I purchased it through Army CSD canteen. The CSD depot is in Bathinda and it has a tie up with this Dealer in Patiala. The Ex-showroom was Rs 550114. On road was around 6,05,000 incl extra 5k for white colour.(5K extra is for both white shades of Manza)
Also I would like to place on record that I did manage to get 50% NCB of my old car transferred to the Manza thanks to the forum on NCB right on this site.
Congrats Buddy

I was under the impression there is only one white color available which is dew white in manza(i guess yours is dew white right?)
Which is the other one as dealer did not mentioned it and i didn't see another white in the showroom too.

Great you removed the jugaad dead pedal. Moment i saw it first thing crossed my mind was it can certainly cause an accident.

ENjoy!
Old 7th March 2010, 16:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@ Windiesel: Congrats for your Manza.
Dead pedal is positioned next to clutch but in your case its next to the accelerator. How do you manage to drive with you right foot resting on the dead pedal?
That plank was there to rest my foot, like at a red light or when you're just coasting etc Now stands removed at the advice of fellow bhpians and some sr. bhppians too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Congrats on your new car.
Must say the Manza looks absolutely majestic in white. I am sure you are enjoying your new white giant.Can you tell me what was the CSD price when you had booked it before the Budget ?
The price quoted earlier in this thread was the pre budget price which has now gone up by roughly 10k. Thats why I didn't wait for the grey noir and took the white for 5k more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Windiesel congrats on your Manza QJD Aura, any weekend drives planned on the Manza if yes put on the drive details with mileage statistics.
Will do bro. Planning a Haridwar/Rishikes/Dehradun trip after the first service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats BuddyI was under the impression there is only one white color available which is dew white in manza(i guess yours is dew white right?) Which is the other one as dealer did not mentioned it and i didn't see another white in the showroom too. Great you removed the jugaad dead pedal. Moment i saw it first thing crossed my mind was it can certainly cause an accident. ENjoy!
Mine is the Porcelain White. The other white is Dew Pearl White which is creamy off white with a metallic kind of a look also to be seen in Safari.
Old 7th March 2010, 16:57   #26
BHPian

Congrats! Manza looks brilliant in white.
Wish TATA designers should have spent some brain in fine tuning the famous rear OVERHANG!
Neverthless, a good package indeed.
Old 7th March 2010, 18:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I also thought that there maybe a plastic film covering the DIS, but alas this was not so. Hope there is some other reason for it.
Check if the MID is also linked with instrument cluster intensity control. Try reducing / keep the intrument cluster intensity level in the middle. It appears the MID display is set too bright and thus appear blurred.
Old 7th March 2010, 19:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - the reason I asked is because I have also got my car from sale dealer in Patiala. I live in Noida but belong to Patiala. My parents live there so I decided to buy from Patiala as it saved me about 20k on road tax etc. when compared to NCR. I agree, Goyal Motors is probably a worst TATA dealer. They actually overcharged me Rs.6,542 on ex-showroom price. I went from Noida to take delivery, so at that time paid the extra money but later complained to TML area office at Chandigarh to get refund. Then the dealer did not update the sale of my car in Tata Siebel system because of which my car did not show up in the database at a Noida dealer for 1st service. Had to call Goyal Motors to get the details updated. I got the extended warranty from them but they did not update the details in the system so far, so the extended warranty still does not show in the Tata systems as yet. And at the time of delivery, they made us wait for four hours only to get the invoice of the car. Man, it was one of the worst car buying experience we had at their dealership. Just thought of letting you know so you know what to do if you face these post delivery issues.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 7th March 2010 at 19:21. Reason: Bad grammer!
Old 7th March 2010, 19:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

That dead pedal right to accelerator is nice idea, gives a flat foot accelerator control, but the implementation is wrong....

OT:
i recollect the movie Final Destination 2 scene : mineral water bottle gets under brake pedal.
Old 7th March 2010, 19:10   #30
BHPian

Quote:

The price quoted earlier in this thread was the pre budget price which has now gone up by roughly 10k. Thats why I didn't wait for the grey noir and took the white for 5k more.
Since you got the car in March, I thought the price had been already hiked after the Budget & you probably took the white Manza to avoid any further hike due to any increase in VAT (as the dealer was suggesting).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks