Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:36   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Weekend Update
Clocked up almost a thousand kms with the FE hovering on the right side of 19. I'm a bit bothered about the temperature gauge though. It seems to be settling down way to high for comfort. Switched on the A/c today (since I'm almost at the end of the 1000 km running in as indicated on the windshield) but the cooling is no great shakes, in fact my ten year old Indica's cooling was much better (it was retrofitted with a Sanden 507 compressor). Let's see what difference the the first service makes. Other than the above it's pleasant motoring thus far.
The acceleration of this car is just phenominal! I've been taking her upto 3000 rpms now, and the 20 kgm of awesome torque pushes you back firmly against the seat! Enjoying every moment of it. Not even the Civic or the Corolla has this much of torque, chaps.
BTW, been watching Vanishing Point yesterday (the original 1973 flick starring Barry Newman and not the 1997 remake starring Viggo Mortensen) the '71 Dodge Challeger 7 liter Hemi head car, which is the real star of the film has more than 400 Nm of torque just imagine the devastation. Hey god is not fair guy! those guys across the Atlantic get all the goodies while back here we neither get the Hemi nor head!!

Smokie is keeping me company today. My kind of music from my time!
If you see, the temp guage is at around 1/2 and that is expected and am surprised that the cooling is not effective, give it time and the interior chills. As far my own Manza is concerned, I never had a reason to shift the ac to the full cool position as it gets pretty chilly after some time. Guess will need to try it out in peak summer.

On the other hand, I am still trying to redline her (done my running in) and have not been successful on the road. I think will need to take her to 3 digit speeds just to get her over 4000 rpm in 5th.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:14   #62
BHPian

Horror of Horrors, man! I got a call today from Hemant Goel motors Patiala from where I bought my Manza on the 4th of this month, this guy went 'Sir you enquired about the Manza some days ago and you never got back, what happened saar? it's a damn good car saar, 2 months waiting saar, better book now saar, prices gonna go up shortly saar! I told him you bloody nut case I have already purchased it,,, and he said, believe me man he did, 'Why not from us saar?' I promptly put the phone down and cursed my stars.... classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left is up to!
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Horror of Horrors, man! I got a call today from Hemant Goel motors Patiala from where I bought my Manza on the 4th of this month, this guy went 'Sir you enquired about the Manza some days ago and you never got back, what happened saar? it's a damn good car saar, 2 months waiting saar, better book now saar, prices gonna go up shortly saar! I told him you bloody nut case I have already purchased it,,, and he said, believe me man he did, 'Why not from us saar?' I promptly put the phone down and cursed my stars.... classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left is up to!
This is so funny

You should have said, I don't like people calling me on the phone, that's why I didn't buy it from you folks.
Old 23rd March 2010, 02:50   #64
BHPian

Quote:
This is hilarious . Hahaha.
You should have asked the guy to come and pick you up for a test drive.
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
This is so funny
Hey Amartya, you really stay in Kingston? Kingston as in Kingston, Jamaica? Great, reminds me of Harry Belafonte!
Old 23rd March 2010, 09:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

^^

Hahaha, how I wish I stayed in Harry Belafonte's abode. Unfortunately, this Kingston is in Canada, in Ontario, quite cold and totally unlike the sun soaked Jamaica.

By the way, I am a Belafonte fan too. Cheers.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:54   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is nothing strange, I got sales follow up call 2 months after taking the car delivery.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:16   #68
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2010 at 14:39.
aman9393 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th March 2010, 03:55   #69
BHPian

@ Windiesel

Is your Manza BS-IV compliant because it doesnot have a logo stating as BS-IV just underneath the Quadrajet thing.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:46   #70
BHPian

Congrats @ Fellow Manza-head if I may say so.

Porcelain white is a nice color. Mine is in Monarch Red. Got it delivered around 4 days back: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...narch-red.html

I am following your thread closely and would love to hear your thoughts/experiences. Will try to post mine as well.

Congrats Again!!
Old 27th March 2010, 19:06   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
@ Windiesel

Is your Manza BS-IV compliant because it doesnot have a logo stating as BS-IV just underneath the Quadrajet thing.
No, mine's a BS-III version since I purchased it on the 4th of March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Congrats @ Fellow Manza-head if I may say so.

Porcelain white is a nice color. Mine is in Monarch Red. Got it delivered around 4 days back: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...narch-red.html

I am following your thread closely and would love to hear your thoughts/experiences. Will try to post mine as well.

Congrats Again!!
Thank's lemme check out your thread. Car's doing fine! first service is due, done about 1300 kms. Just affixed team bhp stickers today... they look very, very, classy indeed.
Hey I don't think any engine oil is going to changed in the 1st service. the car comes prefilled with synthetic engine oil with a drain interval of 20,000 kms. More on this after my 1st service.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:59   #72
BHPian

Posted my comments regarding my first service here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1817681
Old 14th April 2010, 12:12   #73
BHPian

If you go to the first page of the main Manza thread, under the What you won't like coloumn, our man GTO says at No.1. Tata has to prove it's ability to produce niggle free cars. Well, as a owner having driven one for 2000 kms and having seen another one (a colleague's) closely for last two months, I very reluctantly say, that NO, TATA CANNOT PRODUCE NIGGLE FREE CARS PERIOD.
The niggles in my car are:
1. The odometer figures are not evenly lighted
2. the indicator stalk does not function at the intermediate position

The niggle in friend's manza is
1. The front left power window has packed up a couple of days ago.

Since this friend of mine bought the Manza on my recommendation, I am feeling bad about it and going to the workshop with him on Saturday.
Old 14th April 2010, 14:22   #74
BHPian

Quote:
If you go to the first page of the main Manza thread, under the What you won't like coloumn, our man GTO says at No.1. Tata has to prove it's ability to produce niggle free cars. Well, as a owner having driven one for 2000 kms and having seen another one (a colleague's) closely for last two months, I very reluctantly say, that NO, TATA CANNOT PRODUCE NIGGLE FREE CARS PERIOD.
The niggles in my car are:
1. The odometer figures are not evenly lighted
2. the indicator stalk does not function at the intermediate position

The niggle in friend's manza is
1. The front left power window has packed up a couple of days ago.

Since this friend of mine bought the Manza on my recommendation, I am feeling bad about it and going to the workshop with him on Saturday.
I haven't faced any niggles at all in my Manza so far. But seeing your post I might as well start expecting something. Hoping that nothing shows up so soon.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:08   #75
BHPian

You're lucky! check out what's happening in the world here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1840158

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks