Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 10:58   #91
BHPian

May be someone can help me here. I wanted to know what would be the total weight for 5 alloy wheels?
Old 7th April 2010, 11:04   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
May be someone can help me here. I wanted to know what would be the total weight for 5 alloy wheels?
FIAT stock alloy wheel weigh around 8kgs for one wheel.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:13   #93
BHPian

Guys,

any idea where I can find these alloys on the web and how much they'd cost ?
Please suggest web portlas for alloys with chrome but dull finish !
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-mod.jpg  

Old 7th April 2010, 22:31   #94
BHPian

Bad news!!!!

A drunk biker rammed into the rear of Punto.
There are 2 big nasty scratches at side of the bumper.

Biker was alright. I was so blank by the damage to the car, by the time I was checking the car, he picked up his bike and sped the scene.

His handle rammed into the rear right tyre. The tyre was flat within 2 minutes.
I noticed a small cut on the sidewall. I hope its repairable.
Any idea if we can repair the deep cuts in sidewall?

ITS A VERY VERY SAD DAY!!!!!
I have not accessed the damage due to night.
Will post pictures tomorrow.

Last edited by SumitBahl : 7th April 2010 at 22:33.
Old 7th April 2010, 22:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

Very sad to hear about the incident. Why not cover up the scratches with a BIG TBHP sticker "Live to drive one" ??

And how was the performance of PUNTO on hills compared to Dzire ?
Old 7th April 2010, 23:14   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Bad news!!!!

A drunk biker rammed into the rear of Punto.
There are 2 big nasty scratches at side of the bumper.

Biker was alright. I was so blank by the damage to the car, by the time I was checking the car, he picked up his bike and sped the scene.

His handle rammed into the rear right tyre. The tyre was flat within 2 minutes.
I noticed a small cut on the sidewall. I hope its repairable.
Any idea if we can repair the deep cuts in sidewall?

ITS A VERY VERY SAD DAY!!!!!
I have not accessed the damage due to night.
Will post pictures tomorrow.
Yikes....bad day indeed ! bad luck there... !
Old 7th April 2010, 23:27   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Guys,

They look similar to the ones on the Punto Evo Abarth. No idea about the price in India although you'd probably be better off finding a set of replicas.

There are a couple of good shops in Delhi that stock a wide range of alloys. Have you checked up with them already?

P.S.: The front end of that GP is just yuck!
Old 8th April 2010, 00:07   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
They look similar to the ones on the Punto Evo Abarth. No idea about the price in India although you'd probably be better off finding a set of replicas.

There are a couple of good shops in Delhi that stock a wide range of alloys. Have you checked up with them already?

P.S.: The front end of that GP is just yuck!
Not really....Punto Evo..nope I think these are way different, unless there is some pic of Evo with these shoes on, atleast I haven't seen one yet.

Not yet sire, no window shopping yet...just booked my Punto today!
Which ones(i.e shops) are you referring too ..just too many of them all over delhi if you ask me ? BTW have you checked out the Reliance Automart at Ambience Mall (-1 floor)?

- B4W
Old 8th April 2010, 00:19   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Not really....Punto Evo..nope I think these are way different, unless there is some pic of Evo with these shoes on, atleast I haven't seen one yet.

Not yet sire, no window shopping yet...just booked my Punto today!
Which ones(i.e shops) are you referring too ..just too many of them all over delhi if you ask me ? BTW have you checked out the Reliance Automart at Ambience Mall (-1 floor)?

- B4W
I'm pretty sure I've seen a snap of the new Abarth Evo with those wheels. Let me see if I can dig something up.

Congrats on the booking. MJD Active in Red in suppose? What dealer did you go with?

I was talking about BK Tires and Sai Mag Wheels. The latter is probably the biggest alloy shop in NCR with a huge range of alloys - good replicas too.

Don't go to Automart man. They're the biggest dumb nuts I've ever seen. I had gone there to ask for a gear lock for my GP back in December and those buggers almost trashed my car with their over zealousness to get the job done even though Autocop specifically mentioned not to use its system on the GP. They didn't know the difference between HID lights and those trashy white bulbs that throw the beam all over the place. If you still want to check the place out, be careful where you park - the area in front of the store is pretty small yet is filled with all sorts of tins, cans and other stuff lying all around the place. Very very messy.
Old 8th April 2010, 00:32   #100
BHPian

[quote=khan75;1826435]I'm pretty sure I've seen a snap of the new Abarth Evo with those wheels. Let me see if I can dig something up.

Quote:
Congrats on the booking. MJD Active in Red in suppose? What dealer did you go with?
Dealer is RAMA Motors, color is turning out to be one tuff one for me ! Its almost akin to having to choose between a Hot chick (Red ) and a Classy Babe (Medium Grey) ! The kid in me wants the Red Hot chick and the dude wants the very classy babe ! Have sent you a PM regarding the same.

Quote:
I was talking about BK Tires and Sai Mag Wheels. The latter is probably the biggest alloy shop in NCR with a huge range of alloys - good replicas too.
Need to check em out, in that case ! Guess Ill carry my TP or atleast a pen drive with all the interesting ones for replicas.

Quote:
Don't go to Automart man. They're the biggest dumb nuts I've ever seen. I had gone there to ask for a gear lock for my GP back in December and those buggers almost trashed my car with their over zealousness to get the job done even though Autocop specifically mentioned not to use its system on the GP. They didn't know the difference between HID lights and those trashy white bulbs that throw the beam all over the place. If you still want to check the place out, be careful where you park - the area in front of the store is pretty small yet is filled with all sorts of tins, cans and other stuff lying all around the place. Very very messy.
I didnt have a reason to visit them uptill now, but if they are the way you've mentioned them, don't think I should !

- B4W
Old 8th April 2010, 00:39   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer is RAMA Motors, color is turning out to be one tuff one for me ! Its almost akin to having to choose between a Hot chick (Red ) and a Classy Babe (Medium Grey) ! The kid in me wants the Red Hot chick and the dude wants the very classy babe ! Have sent you a PM regarding the same.
At least you got the dealer right.
Replied back.

Quote:
Need to check em out, in that case ! Guess Ill carry my TP or atleast a pen drive with all the interesting ones for replicas.
Let me know if you've found some good designs. I have been thinking about picking up a set of wheels as well so maybe we could do a group buy.

Quote:
I didnt have a reason to visit them uptill now, but if they are the way you've mentioned them, don't think I should !
B4W
I think CarPlus in Gurgaon (just ahead of IFFCO chowk) is a better shop for accessories. They had some nice discounts in Feb. Never hurts to check up if they have anything on at the moment. Don't expect to pick up any alloys or tires there.
CarNation near the TCS office in Sec-18 Udyog Vihar is another good shop with a nice range of accessories. However, they don't stock anything specific for the Punto or any of the latest cars (Polo, Figo, Beat etc.).

P.S.: I think we should continue the discussion in the main Punto thread unless we want SumitBahl complaining about thread hijacks.

Last edited by khan75 : 8th April 2010 at 00:41.
Old 8th April 2010, 01:01   #102
BHPian

Quote:
....At least you got the dealer right.
Yeaa right..I get the drift !

Quote:
Let me know if you've found some good designs. I have been thinking about picking up a set of wheels as well so maybe we could do a group buy.
Errrr.... as per the original plan...wasn't I supposed to pick up urs when you've picked up the new set of alloys ! ..kidding there...no worries ..lets see how it pans out.

Quote:
P.S.: I think we should continue the discussion in the main Punto thread unless we want SumitBahl complaining about thread hijacks.
Considering the day he has had...I'd have to agree i.e. before Sumit goes ballistic !
Old 8th April 2010, 07:49   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Very sad to hear about the incident. Why not cover up the scratches with a BIG TBHP sticker "Live to drive one" ??

And how was the performance of PUNTO on hills compared to Dzire ?
I will get it painted in couple of days.
Punto's performance was almost at par with DZire on hills.
It felt more planted and in control.

Quote:
Yikes....bad day indeed ! bad luck there... !
Yea....
Congrats on the booking.
Which model and made up your mind regarding color?

Quote:
Its ok, I dont mind.

Quote:
Considering the day he has had...I'd have to agree i.e. before Sumit goes ballistic !
Dont worry about it.

Quote:
Guys,

The body kit on that punto is hideous. Belongs to W&W thread.

The alloys on that red punto are replica of BMW X5.
I have clicked picture of X5 with these alloys long time ago.
These alloys were optional on X5, I think. I have not seen many X5 with these alloys.
I doubt you will be able to find your choice of design when you get limited by 98pcd factor.
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-31122008084.jpg

Last edited by SumitBahl : 8th April 2010 at 07:59.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:48   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post

The body kit on that punto is hideous. Belongs to W&W thread.

The alloys on that red punto are replica of BMW X5.
I have clicked picture of X5 with these alloys long time ago.
These alloys were optional on X5, I think. I have not seen many X5 with these alloys.
I doubt you will be able to find your choice of design when you get limited by 98pcd factor.

I'm yet to close out on the color bit, between exotica red and Medium Grey, more towards medium grey just about now !
As for the alloys, yupp, these probably are the original 'Y' design ones..thanks for sharing the photograph. Something tells me even if I do find them in 98 PCD..they'd cost a bomb !

- B4W

PS : Have you guys seen the Abarth logo (scorpio in black & white) in chrome ?

Last edited by better4worse : 8th April 2010 at 11:57.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:43   #105
BHPian

Quote:
PS : Have you guys seen the Abarth logo (scorpio in black & white) in chrome ?
This is what i am contemplating to buy:
Fiat Grande Punto Abarth NEW ORIGINAL REAR EMBLEM : eBay Motors (item 120554023540 end time Apr-14-10 12:10:14 PDT)
Fiat Grande Punto Abarth NEW ORIGINAL FRONT EMBLEM : eBay Motors (item 120554023571 end time May-07-10 12:10:17 PDT)

Costs $90 for front and rear (without shipping).
Shipping should be close to $15.

I got the tyre checked today. It is repairable.
I have planned to get it repaired and use it as a spare tyre and buy a new one to replace the damaged tyre.

I will have to pay a difference of Rs. 2700 after deducting the amount for the stock spare tyre.

Got the scratches checked as well. Most of them were gone using thinner. That guy had some leftover paint in the same color.
He used a brush to paint and scratch is almost hidden.

Planning to keep it that way.

Last edited by SumitBahl : 8th April 2010 at 12:45.

Most Viewed