Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2011, 00:19   #256
BHPian

Re: My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.

Sweeeeeet ! The Abarth logo looks cool.

Some updates from my side as well, I got the TITANs today, but I am not happy with them ! They just aren't handling the bass at all, so I have some questions for you. The good bits are its closer to the sound I want, I'm getting a hang of the HU as well. The sound is richer for sure.

Damping sheet - Whats the chosen brand, going rate for it and how much quantity did you use up for 2 front doors ?

Also did you try running them without the damping ? Is it worth the effort, i have been told, go for damping if you are running an amp (which isnt the case with my setup just about now !)
Old 12th February 2011, 09:25   #257
BHPian

Re: My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.

Sumit,I suggest a lenso samurais if you are in a hunt for alloys.They looks super cool on the punto. Any other mods in the pipeline?
Old 12th February 2011, 11:26   #258
BHPian

Hey Sumit, the day u graduate to new alloys, I'm picking up your old ones(read original Punto ones)!
Old 12th February 2011, 23:44   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Sweeeeeet ! The Abarth logo looks cool.

Some updates from my side as well, I got the TITANs today, but I am not happy with them ! They just aren't handling the bass at all, so I have some questions for you. The good bits are its closer to the sound I want, I'm getting a hang of the HU as well. The sound is richer for sure.

Damping sheet - Whats the chosen brand, going rate for it and how much quantity did you use up for 2 front doors ?

Also did you try running them without the damping ? Is it worth the effort, i have been told, go for damping if you are running an amp (which isnt the case with my setup just about now !)
You are missing the main ingredient, amp is very important when you are running components.

Choose a good quality amp and the difference would be day and night.

Damping would be required only after you get the amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Sumit,I suggest a lenso samurais if you are in a hunt for alloys.They looks super cool on the punto. Any other mods in the pipeline?
LENSO have any 98 PCD alloys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Hey Sumit, the day u graduate to new alloys, I'm picking up your old ones(read original Punto ones)!
Sure, I will let you know first when I am selling them.
Old 20th February 2011, 00:06   #260
BHPian

Amp has been upgraded.

Bought the Mosconi Gladen One 120.4

Here are the specs:

4-Channel Amplifier

Rated power: 120 watts per channel @ 4 ohms <1% THD + N

- Very compact, full-analog MOSFET Amplifier
- Front Stage Adjuster FSA (similar time correction)
- Phase Shift 0-180 °
- High-Level (33 Ohm) Input with automatic remote
only possible with (generally accepted) BTL Radio-outputs.
- Temperature controlled fan
- Plug and Play wire harness (optional)
- Made in Italy

Power:
120 watts per channel @ 4 ohms
175 watts per channel @ 2 ohms
350 watts bridged into 4 ohms
Input sensitivity:
(Power rating ref)
0.4 V ÷ 8 V
Crossover:
High-and low-pass
(45 ÷ 225 Hz)
Phase Shift: 0-180 °
Slope - Filter quality 12 dB / oct
Dimensions: 310x200x50 mm

Pics courtesy abhibh.

Special thanks to Abhishek (abhibh), Sukhjot and Shresht for helping me procure the product, installation, tuning and bearing with me.
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dsc02224.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dsc02230.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dsc02237.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dsc02221.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dsc02222.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dsc02229.jpg  

Old 20th February 2011, 08:58   #261
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sumit
that is one delicious amp
time to eat errrrr audition again.
Where is the old amp?
is it still with you?
let me know
Old 20th February 2011, 10:58   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats Sumit
that is one delicious amp
time to eat errrrr audition again.
Where is the old amp?
is it still with you?
let me know
Sure, anytime you want.

Old amp is still with me.
Old 9th May 2011, 06:08   #263
BHPian

Just wanted to let you all know about my Dynamat experience. See the post below. Hope you all are well familiar with the thread too. It is a must read for anyone interested in damping.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post2342910

The difference is amazing and I bet you gonna go crazy about your Punto once you've done this job!!
Old 9th May 2011, 11:08   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtomhk View Post
Just wanted to let you all know about my Dynamat experience. See the post below. Hope you all are well familiar with the thread too. It is a must read for anyone interested in damping.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post2342910

The difference is amazing and I bet you gonna go crazy about your Punto once you've done this job!!
I am using STINGER ROADKILL in my front doors and pretty good.
I liked it. It is comparable to Dynamat and is more VFM.
Old 10th May 2011, 11:28   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I am using STINGER ROADKILL in my front doors and pretty good.
I liked it. It is comparable to Dynamat and is more VFM.
Great decision! I suffered a lot of the high speed BOOM in the pre-Dynamat days. By the way, the Wurth underbody coating also had an effect in reducing the road noise. Hope you have done this too!
IMHO both of these are recommended to all Punto owners for a quieter and comfy drive.
Old 13th May 2011, 20:16   #266
BHPian

My friends Punto

Details:
Rims: 15" HRS H286 98+108PCD - Rs. 17500
Tires: Yokohama C-Drive 195/60-R15 - Rs. 4400 (each)

Stock tires buyback - Rs. 2500 per tyre (including steel rims) JK 165/80-R14

Alloys bought from BK Tyres, Delhi.
Tyres from Bansal WheelOcity, Chandigarh.
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011051300062.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011051300063.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011051300064.jpg  

Old 7th August 2011, 18:07   #267
BHPian

I recently changed the rims on my Punto.
I purchased a set of used Linea rims and got them custom painted.
The idea came from a fellow BHPian Ravveendrra. He has done a similar theme on his yellow Palio.
Thanks for your inputs.
Here are the pictures.
Pictures are taken by a friend Jyotbir Singh (chiragh_bir 's younger brother)
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_3574.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_3578.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_3585.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_3608.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_3613.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_3614.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_3615.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_3617.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_3618.jpg  

SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 20:01   #268
Senior - BHPian

Nice touch of red
Old 7th August 2011, 20:06   #269
Senior - BHPian

Really great wheels.

Though, I feel really low profile tyres, though not practical, would do more justice to the wheel's looks.

A really crazy idea would be to try and extend the colour scheme onto the sidewalls.
Old 7th August 2011, 20:12   #270
Senior - BHPian

Sweeeeet....

Cost break up please! How much for the used alloys and paintjob! Car is looking pretty unique, in a good way! What do you think about Abarth vinyls?

I was in Chandigarh last week, Sumit. Thought of catching up with you but could not find time for the same as I had to return the same day!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks