Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 12:00   #136
Senior - BHPian

What a lovely car, congrates Rush !!

Though a bit pricey, still i would ignore the high price due low mileage !!

Congrats again.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

congrats GTO , lovely car it hardy looks used , when i saw the pictures it was hard to believe that its not a brand new car.You got yourself a great deal
It makes a lot of sense to get a used car since there are so many around in great condition especially in the metros
Old 11th March 2010, 14:01   #138
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic specimen GTO. Congrats. Is there a party coming along for this ?
Old 11th March 2010, 15:44   #139
Senior - BHPian

Congrats GTO on the buy. It is definitely a steal and some thing that will keep you happy for a long time.

Cheers
Old 11th March 2010, 17:10   #140
BHPian

Congrats GTO. Lovely car and gr8 to see your personalised sticker at the rear (makes it easy to spot you hehe). I was quite impressed by your article on used cars. Maybe my next car would be a used one but the only problem is my parents are dead against used ones. Waiting to read your complete detailed review!
Old 11th March 2010, 17:38   #141
BHPian

Wow! That civic looks brand new. A Deal which I was looking forward to since the time you put your city on the block.
I have been siting on the fence on selling my Dad's 2003 Indica & upgrading to used City/Civic at around 6-7L. Dad has been all this time insisting on buying a New City which costs about 9L (onroad vashi).
Showed this thread to him & the immediate reaction was an approval for looking at used cars. His past experiences of buying a used car in old Fiat days were preventing him for going this route.
Thanks (Me Rushes to the How to sell your car & how to buy a used car articles on Team-Bhp.)
Old 11th March 2010, 20:02   #142
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Once a Honda, always a Honda, eh ;-)
The 4th in the immediate family in 10 years, if you include my Accord in the States, my brothers, the Vtec and this.

Gotta love 'em high-revving engines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Though a bit pricey, still i would ignore the high price due low mileage !!
I had originally planned on an '06 for 7 lakhs. However, the thing with used cars is, if you see an immaculate example for a premium price, PICK IT UP! An extra buck on a clean used car could save you 3 in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Is there a party coming along for this ?
*burp* : Didn't anyone send you the invite

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Dad has been all this time insisting on buying a New City which costs about 9L (onroad vashi).
Showed this thread to him & the immediate reaction was an approval for looking at used cars. His past experiences of buying a used car in old Fiat days were preventing him for going this route.
Thanks (Me Rushes to the How to sell your car & how to buy a used car articles on Team-Bhp.)
Gentlemen, we have another convert! Good luck with the search. If you need any help, we are right here.
Old 11th March 2010, 20:09   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
First of all OTR is high in Bangalore for cars, may be due to this pre-owned car prices are also high!
+1. While I was in market for a used Civic during Oct-2009, I could find only 2 decent deals (direct ads, no dealer).

(1) 8 month old, 5600km, S-MT, Black - 10lakh dead,
(2) 2 year old, 11000km, V-AT, Silver - 9.5lkh.

I was about to pick (2), but I was late, it got sold in 2 days.
Old 12th March 2010, 02:14   #144
Team-BHP Support

Toyota = Backseat
Honda = Driver's seat

But manufacturers seem to think otherwise.

Honda equips their Civic & Accord to stereo controls at the back while Toyota equips their Corolla & Camry with stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Honda India needs to fire the people who are in-charge of finalizing the feature list.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:29   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My daily driver has to be a Honda or Toyota. There's a good chance that my next buy could be a certain Toyota SUV
So between Civic and next planned Luxury sedan, an SUV also coming up eh!
Is this the one whos name starts with F & ends with R

Civic pics are not uploaded in your garage
Old 12th March 2010, 09:35   #146
Senior - BHPian

Congrats GTO on a white beauty. I would have liked to go for a white one, but my daughter was against it. Hence had to "compromise" with a Habanero red car. I am happy that I managed to pick up my new Civic just in time to beat the 46k price rise due to central and state tax increases! Now a new VAT costs 17 lacs in Bangalore .
Old 12th March 2010, 10:22   #147
BHPian

Congrats GTO , I am currently working in Honda Motors and the best part of Honda Cars is quality... The only reason I picked city over civic because I use to travel a lot on hilly terrain and civic is not a car to be driven on Himalayas... because of low height. Once again
congrats... and PM me if you need any help at dealership ;-)
Old 12th March 2010, 10:40   #148
BHPian

GTO

Congrats on your buy. Stunning car and dashing color too !

I am still curious to know the reason why the owner was selling this car ? This is the question that crops up first in my(most of the others too) mind while buying an used car.

And what do you intend to do for the low GC issue ? Will your intention to upgrade to an after market suspensions solve this ?

I drove my friends Civic few weeks back during a long drive and I was absolutely amazed with its mid and high range torque along with rock solid stability. But as you said low end torque is dissapointing for a petrol car with those Bhps under the hood. And we had to pay our respect to all those rough patches, speed breakers by literally doing a stop and go or trying out taking it 1 tyre at a time due to the infamous low GC

Do share your thoughts. Thanks
Old 12th March 2010, 14:18   #149
Senior - BHPian

@ GTO

I may be very late but nevertheless CONGRATULATIONS (screaming at the top of my voice). The car looks simply great. You are one lucky chap to lay hands on a virgin. The interiors look fantastic, liked the DTE indicator in blue. The report was typical GTO's with flair for minute details and inclination towards V-tec engines.
A couple of queries
Did you take a test drive when your were informed about the car? Any reports on that. I suppose you would not have walked into showroom and paid the amount without a drive.
Did you incur any cost on the major service done or was it done free by Solitare Honda.
Happy revving times. Drive safely and keep posting on your mods.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:24   #150
BHPian

TEAM - BHP needs to add a new smiley for "drooling" like I am right now!

What a deal GTO, I appreciate your meticulous planning and tireless search in finding the perfect perfect ride.

this has caused the Civic (SeeWeak) effect - on seeing the civic, going weak at my knees.

Most Viewed