Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 09:59   #16
BHPian

Paint your front grilles black. It would look gorgoeus with those chrome surronding the black grille.

I had painted my Vocal white's grilles and fog lamp cowl black.
Old 18th March 2010, 18:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats! The white looks good.

By the way did u opt for the underbody coating and 3M paint protection?
Yes i did that too. But the car was delivered in a very poor condition the interiors were dirty, then got it cleaned.

@bnzjon

Yeah planning to do it but not immediately since i have other priorities. Planning to do leather seats, sun film and reverse sensors at coimbatore tomorrow.
Old 20th March 2010, 06:18   #18
BHPian

Ray barrier film for the front windshield and all other areas for a total of Rs. 10k. Reverse sensor by auto cop for
Rs. 3.5 k has been done today at coimbatore. Today the car is to get new clothes from stanley, will post the photos after getting the interiors done. On top of the OEM foot mats i have i put transperant rubber mats like i do for all my cars. I will post the pictures by sunday
Old 20th March 2010, 06:53   #19
BHPian

I have been riding verna for the past 3 years so felt the car underpowered and in gear acceleration is not bad but is no way comparable t
o verna. I drove 300 kms to coimbatore the mileage was 20 kmpl a personal record for me, i did not accelerate hard and take it beyond 120 kmph. It took 45 minutes more than my usual time in verna. The ride was the best i felt even better than Honda Civic, the car hardly lets us feel the road undulations. The engine noise is audible even at normal cruishing speeds. Took it to 150 kmph in the four lane highway on the day of delivery and the car felt safe unlike verna which feels flying off the road. I am happy with the drive, but the plastics felt cheap, my 2003 palio plastics was better than Lineas.
Old 20th March 2010, 08:13   #20
BHPian

Congrats on getting the linea. Looks gorgeous in White.

I'm not surprised that you found the linea underpowered, specially after having the Verna. Almost everyone felt so, even those graduating from low powered petrols.

Awaiting more pics and drive reports. Did you feel any difference in 2009 and 2010 models?
Old 20th March 2010, 11:06   #21
BHPian

@krish
I haven't seen any difference between 2009 & 2010 model. I test drove 2009 model and it was just for a few minutes and i didn't observe anything just went for linea blindly based on team bhp review and ownership experiance. One notable difference is seat adjustment lever does not hinder when getting out so the seat remains as it is.
Old 21st March 2010, 20:38   #22

Congrats and welcome to the linea club! It is indeed a great experience. Any special precautions you are taking for the running in? pl share it as i am also a new linea owner. Mine was delivered on 07 Mar.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingbull View Post
Congrats and welcome to the linea club! It is indeed a great experience. Any special precautions you are taking for the running in? pl share it as i am also a new linea owner. Mine was delivered on 07 Mar.
Doing nothing special for running in as the engines are pre-set nowadays. But i do make sure to avoid hard acceleration until the first service 3000 KMS. This helped me in achieving 20 Kmpl mileage with AC in Low full blast for my trip to coimbatore, a personal record for me, have not achieved driving even fiesta and Mahindra logan due to my driving style.
Attached Thumbnails
White Linea Diesel - Emotionally Packed-19032010020.jpg  

White Linea Diesel - Emotionally Packed-21032010022.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 00:15   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition, Jegadeesh! The Linea looks beautiful in white!

How do you find the interiors of the Linea, in comparison to the Verna? There is a lot of discussion here on the fit and finish of the Fiats. Guess your opinions can help dispel some doubts.
Old 22nd March 2010, 07:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
How do you find the interiors of the Linea, in comparison to the Verna? There is a lot of discussion here on the fit and finish of the Fiats. Guess your opinions can help dispel some doubts.
Definitely the plastics are cheap in comparison to that of Verna. The new Hyundai I-20 interiors are far better in comparison. Fiat should seriously look into this aspect.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

wait for run in to complete. Reviews say engine frees up and noise will reduce after the run in!

Also, you can Pete your Linea after run in
Old 26th March 2010, 18:03   #27
BHPian

The car has crossed 2000 kms yesturday, my experiance so far,

The Log book,

1) Took Delivery on 18/3/2010 @ 24 Kms in the odo, Foot mat, 3M coat.
2) Tank filled at 135 Kms on 18/3/2010.
3) Went for a trip to Coimbatore 19/3/2010, done Leather seats, Raybarrier Film front and all windows, Foot mat transperant one, Reverse Parking Sensor Autocop,
4) Round trip 659 Kms, FE - 19.41 KMPL @ 34 Litres - 21/3/2010 (ODO-794 KMS)
5) First issue AC Compressor not working took to Service centre AR AS PV PV, replaced 'O' Ring in the AC line, Coolant gas filled and the car was back to Normal on 22/3/2010
6) Trip to service center 175 Kms, FE - 16.4 KMPL @ 11 Litres (ODO - 969 Kms)
7) Went to chennai round trip, started 23/03/2010, a total trip of 1255 Kms. Had a first mark in the car by a stupid splendor bike fellow who hit the beauty in the rear in a signal. Got the chrome strip damaged on the right side, minor crack in the danger light assembly, painting to be done.
8) ODO - 2224 Kms. (FE to be tested) MID - 15.6 KMPL with an average speed of 95 KMPH, was quite hard on acceleration.

The ride and experience was awesome for the long trip which was spoiled by the idiot biker. My experiance so far,

1) The power is sluggish in a stop start environment, though in gear acceleration if maintained above 2000 RPM is okay
2) Suspension Rules
3) The Engine noise increases tremendously beyond 135 kmph. The car is no more stable after this speed, had to check with the wheel alignment. Felt unsafe beyond this speed even in straight line in a four way lane highway with zero traffic where i used to take my verna/Civic beyond 180 KMPH.
4) HM has approved that i did purchase a good car for my personal use at last Palio/Accent CRDI/Verna all are a mere waste according to her compared to that of Linea in which she managed to sleep for 4 continuous hours. She agreed that it is even better than that of the Honda Civic which we use only for family trips.

OVERALL IMPRESSION FIAT SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER HIGHER CAPACITY ENGINE.

Will post the photos tomorrow with the interior shots for sure

Last edited by pjegadeesh : 26th March 2010 at 18:05.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
[b]

3) Went for a trip to Coimbatore 19/3/2010, done Leather seats, Raybarrier Film front and all windows, Foot mat transperant one, Reverse Parking Sensor Autocop,

Now so you went to Coimbatore.wow.great yaar.Leather seats from whom?KOYAS?how much was the cost?keep us posted on the details and also add some pics
Old 26th March 2010, 18:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Nice update dude. There should be some problem with alignment of car! Since many of owners here report very good ride and handling even at 150. Please get it checked by A>S>S!

Quote:
4) HM has approved that i did purchase a good car for my personal use at last Palio/Accent CRDI/Verna all are a mere waste according to her compared to that of Linea in which she managed to sleep for 4 continuous hours. She agreed that it is even better than that of the Honda Civic which we use only for family trips.
if HM is happy, life is soo good isnt it!

Have a nice drive ahead!

Last edited by recshenoy : 26th March 2010 at 18:33.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Now so you went to Coimbatore.wow.great yaar.Leather seats from whom?KOYAS?how much was the cost?keep us posted on the details and also add some pics
I did it in stanley Boutique and it's classic leather approx 29k including door pads. Also OVION is there they quote very high price, it can be done in SKB with OVION it's much cheaper for the same quality, only draw back is we need to order and wait for some time.

Quite busy with work will post the interior photos quite soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks