Team-BHP - Ritz Vxi (Fire Brick Red) is home
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Ritz Vxi (Fire Brick Red) is home (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/77390-ritz-vxi-fire-brick-red-home.html)

Hello Bhpeans,

I joined Team-Bhp few days ago. Glad to be here !

Ritz was my dream car around the budget & preferences I had and Team-Bhp (Posts & suggestions) helped me to finalize it.

Well, I took Test Drives of i10 (Kappa), Beat, Punto, Vista and Ritz.

I always liked Ritz. But, my wife liked i10 more. So, we zeroed on i10 & Ritz. Both are good cars.

But, the things I liked about Ritz :-

1) The feel & punch (Best in class - according to me)
2) Height & look it provides to the driving seat
3) BS-IV
4) K-Series engine (Zero noise)
5) EPS & handling
6) Better mileage than most of the others
7) Low maintenance costs (Maruti)
8) Looks (Many would argue, but I liked it)

I spent lot of time before booking the car. Visited 2-3 showrooms of Maruti.
Negotiated, studied the costs / discounts and all.

We wanted Lxi, but somehow I was not convinced and hence decided to go for Vxi (For rear head rest, power windows etc). We were also getting our preferred colour in Vxi (i.e. Fire brick Red).

So, deal was done after I negotiated for all accessories.

Total On Road Price :- 4.82 (Rounded off) after 15K discount from Maruti.

Plus, I paid 8K for 1-din JVC (MP3+USB) head unit, two front speakers (Sony - 6 inches) and installation costs in total.

Freebies I received / negotiated :-

1) Sun film
2) Steering Grip / Cover
3) Car / Body cover
4) Remote lock
5) Other basic accessories (Mud flap, Floor mats, Car Perfume and Ganesh Idol).

Till now, I have driven around 300 Kms and yet to check mileage.
Enjoying my Ritz. (You really feel that you are driving a small SUV).

Some pictures enclosed.

Cheers,
- Neo

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo45007 (Post 1782093)
Hello Bhpeans,

I joined Team-Bhp few days ago. Glad to be here !

Ritz was my dream car around the budget & preferences I had and Team-Bhp (Posts & suggestions) helped me to finalize it.

Hi Neo. Welcome to TBHP. Congrats on the Ritz. Easily the most practical and sensible buy. The K Series engine is a gem with super smooth and refined performance. Drive safe

Cheerz

Congrats man!! Brick Red is one of the best looking color on Ritz, if not the best.

And kudos to you for winning the battle of Ritz vs i-10 with your wife. No small feat in my opinion!! Do post the FE figures, driving impressions and more pics of the beauty.

Hi Neo, welcome to the forum and congratulations for the Ritz. I also drive a FB Red Ritz but mine is a VDi. It's a VFM package except the JK tyers, I'm thinking of switching over to Michiline XM1+.

congratulations dude on RITZ. Who was the dealer and which sunfilm they gave as free?

Get nice set of alloys, the Fire Brick RED will look blazing :D

Thank you friends for your replies.

Hello Recshenoy,
It was Pratham, Bangalore. Sun film was basic one and not 3M.

About, alloy wheels - i shall give a thought ! :-)

And as mentioned by Gaddiwale,
I agree the Michilline would be better than JK. But, m not replacing it right now.

Too early for me.

Thinking of going for small outing / 1st with Ritz. :-)

May be early morning to Nandi Hills. Or anything else if you could suggest for 5-6 hours (total - to&fro) journey ?

And I am maintening max 80 Kmph before 1st service. I hope its okay !

Congratulations on your new car, welcome to the forum. I have the Ritz LXI in white. It really is a fantastic car and great VFM for the price. Drive safe & happy motoring. :)

COngrats buddy!. Welcome to the family. I own a Ritz VXI. Done 3k with it. Getting better day by day. Take it on the highway and you will pat your back for the buy. Silky smooth drive.

All the best.

congrats on the new car.i have the same colour but in vdi form.i have done it up with alloys and fatter rubber plus spoiler.check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drchernish (Post 1783472)
check it out.

..And where do we do that? Would like to take a peek for sure.

@Neo - Nice color; I like it.

congrats on your Ritzy. Nice choice. Take care and drive safe! By the way Nandi hills early morning might not be a wise idea on a new car unless you have been driving for a few years. Else better stick to the plains till you get used to the car.

Driving is not an issue. I have been driving Cars (Omni, Wagon R) since last 9 years.
So, driving Ritz feels better ! :-)

But, if the roads are bad right now (for a new car) after Devenhalli or any other caution you feel; please let me know.

Planning to go there tomorrow morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo45007 (Post 1783776)
Driving is not an issue. I have been driving Cars (Omni, Wagon R) since last 9 years.
So, driving Ritz feels better ! :-)

But, if the roads are bad right now (for a new car) after Devenhalli or any other caution you feel; please let me know.

Planning to go there tomorrow morning.

Actually, I'm in Chennai and I have been to Nandi hills around 15 months ago. The roads were in pretty good shape then. The reason I asked you to stay off that course was because the climb up to Nandi hills is full of twists and turns and the road is not what you would call wide. Moreover you need to watch out for monkeys that pop down from nowhere. So handling this course on a new car on a misty morning is not a good idea unless you have a few years of driving experience behind you. And please keep the windows rolled up once you start climbing the hill, especially if you have kids in the car. The wildlife out there tend to get too friendly with kids holding food in their hand.

We had a small T-BHP meet there more than a week ago, roads are pretty good no need to worry at all. Best time is to be there before 7:00

Just be careful to be well within the speed limits, there are interceptors on either sides of NH7 till you reach Airport.

Thanks for the advice mate !

I will think about all these things before I finalize my plan in the evening.