Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 17:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! You got a very good deal there. $36,700 for a 436hp car is totally value for money!
Old 15th March 2010, 17:48   #32
BHPian

Congrats Tacho,
Its a dream buy. Its one of my dream cars...!
Drive safe.!
Old 15th March 2010, 17:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tacho. She's a beast and I've been thinking of the C6 as a replacement for some time now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
Mainly because of the car's light weight (3146 lb without fuel) and a 6th gear which is taller than Giant Gonzalez
LOL. My buddy's ex-car was a Firebird V8 and at top gear on the freeway, the rpms was so low that it would seem like the engine is idling.
Old 16th March 2010, 06:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I've seen in your signature that you had a Mustang & sold it.
Which one would you rate the best? V6 vs V8 I must say.
Why MT, any reason? I guess AT's are more popular.
My automatic Mustang was not really a driver oriented car. Compared to the Vette, it had brakes without bite, plenty of body roll and, of course, the auto tranny wouldn't hold gears which is not good in the twisties. It was a cruise-in-style kind of car. The Corvette, on the other hand, has more than double the power and weighs about 250 lb less. It is a pure sports car and, with the Z51 package, corners flat.

That said, my Mustang holds a very special place in my heart, and I wish to say the same about the Corvette sooner rather than later. I only sold my Stang to my brother, so I can go take a look and drive it whenever I want

You can read my Mustang ownership report here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...le-report.html

About why I chose a MT, frankly I was bored of the automatic. I don't find shifting on my own a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Boy, whatta machine! You are one lucky Vastard, believe me.
How much for Insurance?
$1080 for 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats Tacho. She's a beast and I've been thinking of the C6 as a replacement for some time now.
You should do that! We can compare notes
Old 16th March 2010, 07:08   #35
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh man she looks hot. I never had a liking for Corvettes, but since I saw the pics of your car I have kind of changed my opinion.
I must confess the Corvette is a gorgeous ride.
Nice choice mate !!
Congratulations.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:39   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As a believer of "pre-worshipped" cars, I have to hand it to you : WHAT A DEAL! This car is practically brand new and also has warranty coverage to boot. 36K is an absolute steal....I did try convincing my sis from CA to pick up a used 'Vette. Well, she took the safe route and bought herself a new G37 for about the same $$$.

I'd always wanted to own a Corvette while I was in the States. Thought I would post-graduation, but decided to fly back to India right upon. A new Vette is VFM enough, a used takes the equation further. Congratulations on a killer car.
Old 16th March 2010, 19:38   #37
BHPian

Congrats Dude, she looks stunning.
Old 17th March 2010, 10:24   #38
BHPian

Cue all the "hairy chested man" jokes in 3..2...1..

P.S.: Nice car. Any plans to chip it?
Old 17th March 2010, 10:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Wow... definitely a looker. If possible post a video of revving it up
Old 17th March 2010, 11:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:
This might be financially irresponsible on my part, but to heck with responsibility, we only live once and tomorrow is promised to no one.
@Tacho

That's one heck of a statement and you have the mean machine to show it too.

Congrats on the mean machine

Hope the newer version with the suspension changes make the twisties as interesting as the straights :-)

Have miles and miles of fun.

Cheers
Old 17th March 2010, 12:35   #41
BHPian

well as the saying goes
"why did you choose a corvette?
Answer:simply because you cant beat the vette!"
congrats on the purchase tacho.The car is almost new.seems like the earlier owner took great care of the car.I cant tell you how much I love this car,and how happy I used to be when I saw one while i was in the States and Europe.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:30   #42
BHPian

one heck of a deal man... she is an absolute beauty ! at that price, this is probably the best buy of your life enjoy your ride and drive safe ! Congratulations !
Old 18th March 2010, 02:34   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As a believer of "pre-worshipped" cars, I have to hand it to you : WHAT A DEAL! This car is practically brand new and also has warranty coverage to boot. 36K is an absolute steal....I did try convincing my sis from CA to pick up a used 'Vette. Well, she took the safe route and bought herself a new G37 for about the same $$$.

I'd always wanted to own a Corvette while I was in the States. Thought I would post-graduation, but decided to fly back to India right upon. A new Vette is VFM enough, a used takes the equation further. Congratulations on a killer car.
Thanks mate. The G37 is one of the best buys if you want a fast, practical, stylish, luxurious car at a reasonable price. The Corvette does only fast and stylish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Cue all the "hairy chested man" jokes in 3..2...1..

P.S.: Nice car. Any plans to chip it?
I don't think I will do anything that voids the 5yr/100k mi powertrain warranty. Even a simple tune voids the warranty. Peace of mind is very important to me and I don't have deep pockets anyway.
Old 18th March 2010, 14:28   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Corvette does only fast and stylish.
Not to mention, its a hit with the blondes too

Quote:
I don't think I will do anything that voids the 5yr/100k mi powertrain warranty. Even a simple tune voids the warranty. Peace of mind is very important to me and I don't have deep pockets anyway.
Smart move. Do the 'Vettes still have ultra-long 5th & 6th gear ratios that suit long freeway drives (and America's new found fascination with MPG)?
Old 18th March 2010, 17:26   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After 2 years of dreaming and 2 months of searching, I finally pulled the plug on a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette with just 3900 miles on the clock. Drove down to New Jersey and picked the car up from a private party earlier this week.

Thought I'd share some pictures with this wonderful forum.
You are a very lucky man. Beautiful car and nothing epitomises American muscle cars better than a Corvette. Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
I fell in love with corvettes ever sicne i heard PRINCE croon about it!. awesome is the only word that comes out of my mouth.
You can say that again. The song is Prince's 'Little Red Corvette' released 1982. He sang some of my favourite rock tracks during my college days in the '80s. Who can forget "Purple Rain" and "When Doves Cry"?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks