Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 10:46   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
+1 to that. I still have hope that GM can do something regarding this. After all its just a fiber part no, not much costly thing to procure. So GM may help you getting the damaged part only.
Yes, or else I will have to get this from the UK or Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Do you have some kind of plastic wrap still attached to the display? It looks like plastic wrap is still attached. Why don't you peel it off and see how it looks?

That liquid causing a crack in the panel is highly unlikely. Looks to me like the plastic wrap got detached from the panel.
Sankar I had already peeled off the plastic wrap/skin long ago, this is indeed the crack on the display panel. Sadly I do not have a good camera at hand so please make do with the mobile quality picture.
Old 26th November 2010, 11:12   #287
BHPian

Very sad to hear about your troubles that are following you.

Like others said, are you sure its because of the perfume? This was once leaked all over my HU display panel and I'd to clean it outside as well as from inside too. Display panel looks like in its original condition, only the black portions inside are still looks oily. I didn't use any iso propyl alcohol or anything like that as it can make reactions with the plastic, and my HU is still holding the perfume smell.
Old 26th November 2010, 11:44   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Very sad to hear about your troubles that are following you.

Like others said, are you sure its because of the perfume? This was once leaked all over my HU display panel and I'd to clean it outside as well as from inside too. Display panel looks like in its original condition, only the black portions inside are still looks oily. I didn't use any iso propyl alcohol or anything like that as it can make reactions with the plastic, and my HU is still holding the perfume smell.
I am very sure this is the lethal combination of perfume and high interior temperature (car parked in direct sunlight) that done the damage. A neat 8 hrs of heat played its poison on the display. If you are confident that this is not the case, then you can perform the same experiment and let us know the results

Last edited by alstonlobo : 26th November 2010 at 11:45.
Old 5th December 2010, 19:17   #289
BHPian

Skids unleashed and he's not afraid of anyone
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1240.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1241.jpg  

Old 6th December 2010, 10:36   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Skids unleashed and he's not afraid of anyone
Wow..that looks like a monster.. Did you mention somewhere of where you bought that and the cost? i am sorry if i have missed this before
Old 6th December 2010, 11:31   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Wow..that looks like a monster.. Did you mention somewhere of where you bought that and the cost? i am sorry if i have missed this before
Thanks infy, my pal sent this from Bangalore, he got it from Landmark, its a funskool product, 400 bucks, and its made of tough grade plastic so it wont break easily
Old 10th December 2010, 21:53   #292
BHPian

Re: Review: My new Chevrolet Beat

Quote:
Thanks infy, my pal sent this from Bangalore, he got it from Landmark, its a funskool product, 400 bucks, and its made of tough grade plastic so it wont break easily
Me too got this Skids.
Even though it is meant for kids, it will take some time for adults also to transform.
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-p1030842.jpg
Old 11th December 2010, 07:07   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Me too got this Skids.
Even though it is meant for kids, it will take some time for adults also to transform.
Attachment 466823
nice have you managed to transform him?
Old 11th December 2010, 20:56   #294
BHPian

The camera and screen have arrived today from China, just unpacked the package and sharing the pictures of the contents with you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1256.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1258.jpg  

Old 12th December 2010, 00:07   #295
Joy
BHPian

It would be helpful for us lesser mortals, if you identify each and every parts.

Also, Pls do post the details of installation.
Old 12th December 2010, 00:58   #296
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the camera/

1. With reference to skids, it level 4 on the conversion scale, so it is quite a bit difficult initially even for adults to fix. Midly reminds me of the hours I spend assembling craft models. Oh by the way, they have intorduced another variation of beat called Skids Tuner. Looks neat and a little more aggresive

2. As for the contents Joy, it contains two suction mounts, camera, LCD display, Battery, and power and USB cables.
Old 15th December 2010, 23:31   #297
BHPian

Hey guys I got the camera and screen hooked up yesterday, went out this evening and managed to click a few night shots, the one with 8 dots is the pic taken of the cam from outside the car, basically its the 8 IR leds glowing in low light conditions.

The camera is awesome, it streams video signal wirelessly to the screen with a range of upto at 20ft max, it records the video on SD card supporting max capacity 32GB, in case I do not want to record, I can simply set the camera to plainly stream the video to the screen with the touch of a button.

The camera records videos of 2 min duration each and any/all videos can be played on the screen. Once the memory card gets full, the older videos get overwritten. Videos can be played in speeds of 1X, 2X, 4X and 8X. The screen also displays the battery power of the cam and the cam battery can be charged by hooking up the provided charger. The cam also records audio but the screen does not have speaker(s). There is also a USB-out on the cam to be hooked up to a PC to transfer files etc from the MMC. Even if the screen is switched off, the camera can record videos.

The 8 IR leds switch on-off automatically and activate immediately when the cam senses low light condition. Sorry guys I do not have a digicam so for now as usual got to make do with the current pics. I will take pics of the setup at daytime tomorrow and post them up.
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-pic1.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-pic2.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-pic3.jpg  

Last edited by alstonlobo : 15th December 2010 at 23:41.
Old 18th December 2010, 20:00   #298
BHPian

And here are the daytime pics just as mentioned earlier
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1274.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1275.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1271.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1276.jpg  

Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-image1277.jpg  

alstonlobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2011, 10:17   #299
BHPian

After months of getting 13kmpl in the city, I tried a 50% highway + 50% city trip and I got a mileage of 16 kmpl with 50% AC usage. My car has not undergone any ECU remap and its running on stock tyres with a pressure of 32psi maintained weekly. Fuel is always ordinary with no additives.
Old 9th February 2011, 10:09   #300
BHPian

Quote:
After months of getting 13kmpl in the city, I tried a 50% highway + 50% city trip and I got a mileage of 16 kmpl with 50% AC usage. My car has not undergone any ECU remap and its running on stock tyres with a pressure of 32psi maintained weekly. Fuel is always ordinary with no additives.
Please tell whether 13 kmpl in city is with AC or without AC?, 16 kmpl in mixed driving condition with 50 % AC usage is a very good FE. It means you got approximately 19 kmpl on highways. As FE depends on various factors, please tell about your driving style, the usage of gears, gears in which most of the driving is done, traffic conditions (B2B/Crawling City/Normal City/Highway and % of driving in each of these), rpm band in which the car is driven, usage of AC, road conditions and pay load.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks